Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
    I so agree with that. I remember my reaction when I initially heard that in FS Elizabeth was to have a conversation with Teyla is which she talked about voluntarily stepping down.

Now mind you, at that point I hadn't seen anything beyond part one of the Return. In the Return, Elizabeth was depressed about being forced to leave Atlantis when the Ancients returned. She agrees to put her career and her life on the line to take part in an unauthorized suicide mission to free the city from the Asurans; and just a few episodes later she is ready to voluntarily walk away? And of course nothing happened in the episodes between the Return and FS to indicate why she would have such a drastic change of heart.

It's one thing to be plot driven, but to change characters to serve the plot without any thought to continuity or logic is just stupid.
    I found a new word today, perhaps someone should share it with TPTB:

con·ti·nu·i·ty
    –noun, plural -ties.
    1. The state or quality of being continuous.
    2. An uninterrupted succession or flow; a coherent whole.
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      I found a new word today, perhaps someone should share it with TPTB:

con·ti·nu·i·ty
      –noun, plural -ties.
      1. The state or quality of being continuous.
      2. An uninterrupted succession or flow; a coherent whole.
      LOL. They would have absolutely no clue what you were talking about.

If it can't be twisted, smeared, or contorted into something almost unrecognizable, it it has no place in the SG universe. As long as it moves the plot along, its good to go . . . continuity (oops, bad word) be damned.
      sigpic

Comment

drive by hugging... on vacation ((hugs)

anti anti anti
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          If it can't be twisted, smeared, or contorted into something almost unrecognizable, it it has no place in the SG universe. As long as it moves the plot along, its good to go . . . continuity (oops, bad word) be damned.
          Plot? IMO, they're just moving characters out to open space for Sam.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          drive by hugging... on vacation ((hugs)

anti anti anti
          Have fun!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Plot? IMO, they're just moving characters out to open space for Sam.
            Proceed to the air lock at once. Do not pass start. You receive no money.
            And that's how Carter wins at Atlantis Monopoly every time.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

LOL, game over (SGA, I mean).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Proceed to the air lock at once. Do not pass start. You receive no money.
                And that's how Carter wins at Atlantis Monopoly every time.
                Haaa! Atlantis Monopoly!!! Good idea!!
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Or: Carter pulling a "Go To Jail-Card"

That came to my mind when I read Atlantis and Monopoly...ha ha
                  sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                  Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Yup, that would be fun to see; everybody would bancrupt, leaving only Carson and Elizabeth in the game.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

just read GW's interview with Martin Gero

how depressing

Comment

I don't even have the desire to read it, I'm sure I won't like anything he has to say, thus, I shall not read.
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                          I don't even have the desire to read it, I'm sure I won't like anything he has to say, thus, I shall not read.
                          That's pretty much my feeling on it too.

Comment

I'm guessing he doesn't mention Weir at all and is praising Carter. Am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                              I'm guessing he doesn't mention Weir at all and is praising Carter. Am I right?
                              hmm no. he actually doesn't get into it much, just saying the politics behind the changes are "phenomenally complex".
                              no Carter praising.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                                hmm no. he actually doesn't get into it much, just saying the politics behind the changes are "phenomenally complex".
                                no Carter praising.
                                Now, that's a first.

I'm sure it's not that complicated, they should tell us.

Comment

Working...
                                X