Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for both, celcool!

Can't believe they actually censored questions...freedom of speech anyone?

Comment

Yes it may be fun to post in an anti thread (the anti-Carter one that someone mentioned before), but I don't agree that this is going to help make things better in any way.
      It's better to be fair and not let hard feelings get involved, it's tough I know.
      After all, no one can deny the truth, that SGA could have been great, but now the tptb, whoever that is, has shown us how a show can turn into a commercial.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        Thanks for both, celcool!

Can't believe they actually censored questions...freedom of speech anyone?
        Freedom of speech? That's a myth!!!
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

So Comic-Con was like a heavily modded PRO thread... Heh.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Freedom of speech? That's a myth!!!
            Oh yes, I forgot. Forgive me my sheer lemming-ness, my queen. *bows*

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              So Comic-Con was like a heavily modded PRO thread... Heh.
              Finally someone found the right words to describe it!

Originally posted by dana View Post
              Oh yes, I forgot. Forgive me my sheer lemming-ness, my queen. *bows*
              You are forgiven! You may rise, little lemming

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
                Yes it may be fun to post in an anti thread (the anti-Carter one that someone mentioned before), but I don't agree that this is going to help make things better in any way.
                It's better to be fair and not let hard feelings get involved, it's tough I know.
                After all, no one can deny the truth, that SGA could have been great, but now the tptb, whoever that is, has shown us how a show can turn into a commercial.
                I know that posting here wont affect how the new sga evolves over the coming season/s.

It does however give me a release valve. where i can come vent and wander off, happy in the knowledge that know one here will tear my post apart.

But here its like, theres the pink elephant i can see it, talk about it, have a giggle at its expense then leave happy.

what more can you ask from a thread?

sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Exactly! we are only poor little ill informed lemmings, our thoughts and oppinions don't matter much and the show isn't being done for the fans. But it's so nice to have a place where you can discuss it and say how much you hate what's being done with it.

Comment

RE: censoring

We don't know what they did or did not screen when questions were asked, because no one (that I know of) was sitting next to the mic, listening in on which questions were going to be asked. No one (that I know of) was a Comic Con volunteer/employee with inside information about the goingson.

The only thing we do know for sure is that the ComicCon rep from the beginning said that inappropriate personal questions about panelists were forbidden. We don't know for sure whether or not SciFi/MGM "censored" certain questions. Screening and censoring are two totally different things.

And unless anyone can attest to having their question rejected by Comic Con before going to the mic, we really don't know what went on back there.

Comment

We don't know what happens in s4, yet here we are moaning about it because we heard stuff from various sources. *shrug* Nobody really cares what was and wasn't screened and people are not accusing anybody of anything. That's my POV.
                      Last edited by dana; 06 August 2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Ditto. We simply don't like the general idea of S4 and it happens that anything S4 related can't really make us happy.

Comment

That's all well and good.

I can definitely appreciate a genuine anti-sentiment (there are some things about SG that I've been anti about before). But I brought up the censoring thing, because I saw multiple posts use that theory as fact to back up the anti-feelings.

Last week I tried to clarify my interpretation of the tone at Comic-Con (which is that the questions were evidently screened, and I initially thought that the Atlantis panel seemed awkward), but I really didn't want my attempt at clarification to be misconstrued.

Comment

Well, Spaz, I'll try to paraphrase one of the posters here (was it here or on another thread? i'm not sure). We don't know some things for a fact, it might not be logical or we might not know the real facts, but the same thing still don't feel right. That negative feeling might have something to do with our interpretations and theories. That's simply the way negative feelings work.

Comment

Was there any question about the controversial cast changes?
                              sigpic

Comment

There's this person at IMDB saying that they've watched Adrift. I asked about Lizzie and it implied that she won't be in SGA anymore because she steps down. Now since IT didn't actually give out any real spoilers I doubt its true.

Still if Elizabeth doesn't get captured or something, well that just kills Elizabeth's characterezation.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X