Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who wrote sateda and common ground

do you think the producer influence whats being written?

i love the deluise but ... the other powers that be ??
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Is Joss Whedon doing anything now Wonder Women is a no go for him???
      They could learn a thing or two from Joss... He owns the 'verse! Joss is boss!

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      Carter Explains It All
      LOL
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        who wrote sateda and common ground

do you think the producer influence whats being written?

i love the deluise but ... the other powers that be ??
        I believe cooper was responsible for sateda and common ground may have been ken c but i could be wrong

Comment

I'm quite looking forward to season four, but here's what I hope they don't do.

I watched all of season three over the course of two weeks or something like that. It's great when you can watch them all in succession like that. You can just sit down and watch four episodes then watch another three the next morning. Anyways! I really enjoyed watching them like that, in order and right after one another. But when I try to watch just one episode that is out of place from the others, (like I was watching an episode on tv the other night) it just doesn't seem as epic. I'm not sure if other people find this as well, but I don't think each episode is 'stand alone' enough. Every once in a while an episode comes along that just completely blows you away, but I think there needs to be more like that in season 4.
          Yay for Canadian Geeks!
          PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

So you think the show is completely awesome and you're looking forward to the show as long as it's "epic" enough to meet your exacting standards?

And you're on the anti thread WHY?

Yeah... Whatever. I disagree with every point of your assessment. I think the past season in particular has been terrible, I think that watching a terrible show in a marathon session is not fun at all and I think one of the biggest problems they have is that they use the reset button too much so that massive events from one ep seem to have little or no effect in other eps- unless it's a two parter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              And you're on the anti thread WHY?
              Probably because she complained that the episodes weren't stand-alone enough.
              Theoretically spoilerish:
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by kylieS21 View Post
                I believe cooper was responsible for sateda and common ground may have been ken c but i could be wrong
                thanks

man i would hate whedon writing for atlantis, i am NOT a fan.

man stand alones are annoying! what i wouldn't give for some consequences for the characters
                Last edited by parisindy; 28 March 2007, 04:09 PM.
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

thanks

man i would hate whedon writing for atlantis, i am NOT a fan.

man stand alones are annoying! what i wouldn't give for some consequences for the characters
                  Well at least Whedon gave his fans consequence for actions and rarely left us wondering what had happened to "so and so" plot...

Yeah you are entitled to not be a fan but to me Joss at least tried to give his show/s some kind of continuity, and he wasn't afraid to go to uncomfortable places. No it did not always work and yes he also did the "death of a character" for no apparent reason but I would take his writing and his team of writers over this lot any day.

I think Stargate SG-1 & SGA are the lamest unadventurous shows on TV. It is scifi but they do NOTHING with it!! They plod along with the same old tired concept. NOTHING changes.

If it does, they press the re-set button and pretend it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    Well at least Whedon gave his fans consequence for actions and rarely left us wondering what had happened to "so and so" plot...

Yeah you are entitled to not be a fan but to me Joss at least tried to give his show/s some kind of continuity, and he wasn't afraid to go to uncomfortable places. No it did not always work and yes he also did the "death of a character" for no apparent reason but I would take his writing and his team of writers over this lot any day.

I think Stargate SG-1 & SGA are the lamest unadventurous shows on TV. It is scifi but they do NOTHING with it!! They plod along with the same old tired concept. NOTHING changes.

If it does, they press the re-set button and pretend it didn't happen.
                    i love atlantis just not first strike and not sunday

and therefore not season 4

whedon is smart i went to his panel at comic con a few years back, i like him but i do not like his shows. The campiness alone is enough to chase me away. I need to like and care for one or more characters, in order to become invested in a show. For me its all about the characters and There isn't one character i can relate to or that appeals to me in any of whedon's stuff.

angel, buffy and firefly. yuck. If i wanted cheese i would have gone to the grocery store.

you are free to like them though

and joss is no better in some regards as he like to kill off characters to
                    Spoiler:

Comment

and joss is no better in some regards as he like to kill off characters to
                      But you can't say that a major or even secondary character died and there was no reaction at all from the rest of the cast for the next few episodes. Two of those deaths set off an entire season's story arc, each.

Unlike, say, ol' whatsizname, that guy that was in the Atlantis infirmary all the time--or at least when he wasn't out being sent into combat situations in front of the Marines who were supposedly there to protect him.

Anyone remember him? No one on the show seems to. Yet another reason to boycott Season 4. Even if they do pull out the "OMG! We miss CARSON!" angst, it's too late. That should have been incorporated into the last three episodes of season 3, not just ignored entirely because it didn't lend itself to "action/adventure." Characters aren't supposed to just react when the plot requires it--but that's pretty much been the way Atlantis has been written in the last two years. Character assassination masquerading as plot development.
                      sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                      ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Mmm... I would love to land on a dessert planet, particularly one that favored chocolate!

But as for the one on the desert planet, it was Defiant One and I agree, it was a good ep, particularly for Rodney. I only wish they'd kept up that sort of development for him instead of playing him as a more competent, egomaniacal version of Felger. *sigh*

I think another massive strike against the show is partly Skiffy's fault- the way they chose to advertise The Tower made a bad ep that much worse.

What scares me most about the bad eps, though, is that they tend to number among the favorites of TPTB. Joe, in fact, has gone on record as saying that Irresistible is one of his top picks for the season and since he's now in charge of the show... I can only imagine what new degradations the characters (and fans) will have to face in the upcoming season. If that's TPTB's idea of good humor, there's no hope for the show.
                        erm yeah :facepalm: I meant of course desert planet....but hey I would also just LOVE a planet with rivers of melted chocolate, whipped cream as froth and chocolate bars on trees LOL

Regarding bad episodes: The same thing scared me too.I am no longer scared since I am not watching anymore but yeah scary. At least in the case of Ron D. Moore I can agree on episodes he likes. They are usually the really good ones and those that sucks he even admits that something went wrong in the process (editing, shooting or the script simply didn't turn out as a good material for an episode) I didn't see the promos for the bad episodes since I don't live in the States but it is fascinating how many of the really terrible episodes had grand titles....and didn't deliver at all. Do all the TPTB over at SGA have delusions of grandeur and really bad taste because it does seem that way. When Mallozzi wrote with conviction in his blog that SGA is like "24", I had to blink. Has this man lost every sense of reality? Does he actually know what type of series he is producing...has the management of SGA lost its marbles? For me it looks more and more like it.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                          But you can't say that a major or even secondary character died and there was no reaction at all from the rest of the cast for the next few episodes. Two of those deaths set off an entire season's story arc, each.

Unlike, say, ol' whatsizname, that guy that was in the Atlantis infirmary all the time--or at least when he wasn't out being sent into combat situations in front of the Marines who were supposedly there to protect him.

Anyone remember him? No one on the show seems to. Yet another reason to boycott Season 4. Even if they do pull out the "OMG! We miss CARSON!" angst, it's too late. That should have been incorporated into the last three episodes of season 3, not just ignored entirely because it didn't lend itself to "action/adventure." Characters aren't supposed to just react when the plot requires it--but that's pretty much been the way Atlantis has been written in the last two years. Character assassination masquerading as plot development.
                          agree... still don't like joss whedon's shows, and never watched more then a dozen so i can't say much. But yeah i think the cast should have had way more of a reaction after carson.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

agree... still don't like joss whedon's shows, and never watched more then a dozen so i can't say much. But yeah i think the cast should have had way more of a reaction after carson.
                            I liked Firefly, but that's about it. But hey, if he was writing, there'd be no worries about Teyla being "invisible" and Weir being expendable. And probably Carson would still be around, too.
                            sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
                            ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy
                              angel, buffy and firefly. yuck. If i wanted cheese i would have gone to the grocery store.
                              LOL! So do tell what in SGA is not bloody cheesy?

And I do think Joss handled the aftermath of Tara's and especially Buffy's mothers death better then most so called drama's do. At least we knew the other characters cared.

Comment

*takes a deep breath and counts to ten*

*pictures the decapitated and eviscerated remains of trolls and other stubbornly blind readers scattered across a field full of daisies*

Ahhh, I feel better now.

Season four. I doubt even Lorne will be enough enticement to make me watch. 'Cept maybe the ep where he's supposed to have nekkid toesies. Pity that I have to be reduced to that, however, instead of looking forward to eps because of the great stories and excellent characterizations. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X