Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Exactly! They're the ones in danger on a daily basis not the leader or a psychiatrist for god's sake.

On Lost: they finally managed to kill off a couple of characters I liked in the last episode before the hiatus. Kinda wish they hadn't but it's not like I loved those characters like I do Elizabeth so it's not that big of a deal. Plus, I know the reason they killed off
    Spoiler:
    Karl
    is because the actor got a job on Broadway and wanted to leave for a better opportunity. So it's cool.
    I don't even remember who
    Spoiler:
    Karl
    is. The thing with Lost is that there are so many characters and you only spend a lot of time with a few. I wonder what would happen if they killed off Jack or Kate. And also I don't like very many of them to start with. Let's face it, they're for the most part not very nice people.

Realistically, any slack caused by the loss of Rodney or John could be taken up by Radek and Lorne. But it's the huge fanbase of those actors that would cause the trouble.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      as soon as my battery in my camera is charged

***YAY!!!! getting ready to eat cake ***

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        I thought this very thing about Carson...and look where that got us.
        They killed Carson. Nobody is safe*
        *Unless your name is Keller, Carter, Vega, or some other busty chick

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        To be honest with the exploding tumour farce I rolled my eyes and laughed, what a way to go, exploding tumours I ask you
        The exploding tumour was worthless and pointless. "Shake things up"? Yeah, he exploded and then flash forward to the next day ... no suspense to add to which makes it all the more pointless. The part that made me cry was afterwards but that was the actors performance ... tumour makes me wanna hide my eyes or chuck a shoe at PTB.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Realistically, any slack caused by the loss of Rodney or John could be taken up by Radek and Lorne. But it's the huge fanbase of those actors that would cause the trouble.
        Yeah. Honestly I wouldn't mind that, these days I actually prefer Radek and Lorne over John and Rodney

Comment

IMO if tptb wanted realism in the series they would kill off, make insane, MIA either Sheppard or Rodney.

Carson's death was a joke. Wier has been "Forded"...the illusion of real danger is gone.

If tptb really wanted the fans on the edge of their seats they never would have started a revolving cast...just make Sheppard mentally insane. An arc where the rest of the cast has to try to pull sheppard back from the edge...someone other than Rodney that is.
          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
            I have to agree, they handled Janet's death and that of Jacob/Selmak really well, I shed more than a few tears when Janet died and had a lump in my throat when Jacob breathed his last. To be honest with the exploding tumour farce I rolled my eyes and laughed, what a way to go, exploding tumours I ask you
            I thought Heroes was really moving, but I wasn't fond of the whole "is it O'Neill" thing they had going on. And I'm still not really convinced it was necessary. I've read on GW before "if I wanted realism I'd go outside". I'm not quite that extreme . And even with General Carter they still made it about Jack/Sam. Carson at least had a Carson-focused ep, albiet a pretty convoluted death sequence.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            IMO if tptb wanted realism in the series they would kill off, make insane, MIA either Sheppard or Rodney.

Carson's death was a joke. Wier has been "Forded"...the illusion of real danger is gone.

If tptb really wanted the fans on the edge of their seats they never would have started a revolving cast...just make Sheppard mentally insane. An arc where the rest of the cast has to try to pull sheppard back from the edge...someone other than Rodney that is.
            How about if Woolsey went insane from power and over the course of the season they decided they had to remove him/mutiny? But that's too long an arc. Better to have an arguement in one scene and then become best of friends
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Gregorius is German
              As spokesperson for Gregorius I can state this: "He isn't.".
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Happy Easter, a day late.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Yeah. Honestly I wouldn't mind that, these days I actually prefer Radek and Lorne over John and Rodney
                You know, I think I might prefer them now too, and I love Sheppard and McKay, but that relationship's just been...off somehow this year. I think it might tie in with Weir's impact on both men. Though I've hated what they've done with Radek in some eps--the pervert, the silly comic relief, the 5-seconds of screentime coffee boy. All they have to do now is frak up Lorne next season.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

How about if Woolsey went insane from power and over the course of the season they decided they had to remove him/mutiny? But that's too long an arc. Better to have an arguement in one scene and then become best of friends
                  Now that's an arc! Wooly-boy is head of SGA and does a Frank Burns. now that i would watch.

Comment

Woolsey getting an arc? Does this mean he will die?

Comment

.: I agree with Jackie about TPTB should make Shep or Rodney go insane or missing. Besides, they're the ones always doing the stupid things, being overconfident, and going on suicide missions! You want realistic? They're the ones most likely to kick the bucket due to their risk-taking/overconfident tendencies if you were going by "realism".

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      You know, I think I might prefer them now too, and I love Sheppard and McKay, but that relationship's just been...off somehow this year. I think it might tie in with Weir's impact on both men.
                      .: Yup. Has to be.

How the cast changes negatively impacted the cast dynamic:

.: John: No equal opposite leader position, which Elizabeth occupied. While they had their arguements I liked to see the diplomat and military head work things out together. (and Sparky *g* Yes, I'm a believer) Didn't see as much with him and Carson, but I liked it when they worked together and it seemed John felt some responsibility over keeping him safe when theywere out in the field.

.: Rodney: Suffered the most due to cast changes. Lost an effective balance in Elizabeth, who was there to monitor him and for the most part he would listen to her and take her advice seriously. They had a lovely dynamic, and admittedly I think Elizabeth was kind of like a materal figure to him. Carson also effectively balanced Rodney, just by being his buddy and yet pretty much his opposite. They had a beautiful friendship there.

.: Ronon: I always wanted to see more of Ronon and Elizabeth. There's too few of moments between them. I think by the end of season two he begins to trust her, though she's a bit of a mystery to him still. Which is fun, as Ronon usually want's to go out and use the direct approach of blasting someone's brains, while Elizabeth is a negotiator. Which I don't think Ronon really gets. I also think Ronon holds a lot of trust in Carson, being the person that removed the tracker from his back. I wish to see more interaction between them too.

.: Teyla: TPTB apparently don't find it interesting to write about the Elizabeth and Teyla friendship, which, when it came up, I liked to see it. I would love to see these two hang out together some more. Do girly things - I think thats sort of a problem with Teyla and Elizabeth, and why Sam is easier for them to write because she's more traditionally masculine than feminine. And Carson and Teyla. *sigh* I love 'em together, another thing we do not get enough of! It makes me happy whenever they're on screen together. Though, as of late, not enough of that. Plus the fact that she's usually attatched to John or Ronon at the hip. :/
                      Last edited by Reiko; 24 March 2008, 02:11 PM. Reason: playing around...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        .: I agree with Jackie about TPTB should make Shep or Rodney go insane or missing. Besides, they're the ones always doing the stupid things, being overconfident, and going on suicide missions! You want realistic? They're the ones most likely to kick the bucket due to their risk-taking/overconfident tendencies if you were going by "realism".

.: Yup. Has to be.

How the cast changes negatively impacted the cast dynamic:

.: John: No equal opposite leader position, which Elizabeth occupied. While they had their arguements I liked to see the diplomat and military head work things out together. (and Sparky *g* Yes, I'm a believer) Didn't see as much with him and Carson, but I liked it when they worked together and it seemed John felt some responsibility over keeping him safe when theywere out in the field.

.: Rodney: Suffered the most due to cast changes. Lost an effective balance in Elizabeth, who was there to monitor him and for the most part he would listen to her and take her advice seriously. They had a lovely dynamic, and admittedly I think Elizabeth was kind of like a materal figure to him. Carson also effectively balanced Rodney, just by being his buddy and yet pretty much his opposite. They had a beautiful friendship there.

.: Ronon: I always wanted to see more of Ronon and Elizabeth. There's too few of moments between them. I think by the end of season two he begins to trust her, though she's a bit of a mystery to him still. Which is fun, as Ronon usually want's to go out and use the direct approach of blasting someone's brains, while Elizabeth is a negotiator. Which I don't think Ronon really gets. I also think Ronon holds a lot of trust in Carson, being the person that removed the tracker from his back. I wish to see more interaction between them too.

.: Teyla: TPTB apparently don't find it interesting to write about the Elizabeth and Teyla friendship, which, when it came up, I liked to see it. I would love to see these two hang out together some more. Do girly things - I think thats sort of a problem with Teyla and Elizabeth, and why Sam is easier for them to write because she's more traditionally masculine than feminine. And Carson and Teyla. *sigh* I love 'em together, another thing we do not get enough of! It makes me happy whenever they're on screen together. Though, as of late, not enough of that. Plus the fact that she's usually attatched to John or Ronon at the hip. :/
                        great insight to the dynamic. It has suffered more without Weir than it did without Carson...though writing both out was a huge mistake.

I agree that Weir was the cement that held the team together. She was a bigger part of the "team" than teyla and ronon. Shame tptb made such a huge mistake and a bigger shame they won't swallow their pride and make the corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          great insight to the dynamic. It has suffered more without Weir than it did without Carson...though writing both out was a huge mistake.

I agree that Weir was the cement that held the team together. She was a bigger part of the "team" than teyla and ronon. Shame tptb made such a huge mistake and a bigger shame they won't swallow their pride and make the corrections.
                          .: Thank you. Indeed Elizabeth did cement everyone together as a leader. She is also a bigger part than Teyla and Ronon, though sadly getting rid of her did nothing to help them. (As far as I'm concerned, you would have to remove both John and Rodney from an episode or two). I would have liked to see an episode with just Elizabeth, Carson, Teyla and Ronon - maybe something more diplomatic than usual. They've sat out before - why can't John and Rodney?

.: As for TPTB and their mistakes, I don't think they want to admit it. Fixing things by bringing back Elizabeth and Carson would be admitting to their mistakes. I might actually go on the blog of doom and ask if there's any mistake over the past year he's wished he took back, or does he ever regret shuffling the cast.

.: But such things will probably go unanswered.

Comment

gah! there is someone i want to red and i've reached my jello limit.. darnit all
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

gah! there is someone i want to red and i've reached my jello limit.. darnit all
                              there is something that has never happened to me...

never ran out of jello...real or virtual.

It jiggles, it wiggles, it's jell-o's new stargate flavor of the week. If the even horizon of the stargate was made of jell-o (carter anyone) what flavor would it be?

Comment

You poor girl... I ran out once so far...

If the event-horizon was made of jell-o, it would taste like strawberry... In my mnd anyway... then again, I've never had jell-o before. I don't think we have that here.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X