Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Happy Easter Anti's. I'm pissed at my computer who decided to reset all of it's settings so I spent ten minutes screaming at an inanimate object. To make matters worse, my parents are downstairs yelling at each other about Catholicism and ow my dad is accusing mum of being anti-Catholic. It's worse than Ireland down there.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      The man likes to invite controversy no?
      He's asking for conflict. It's the baiting thing again and it often makes the perpertrator feel superior ... ignore it

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Absolutely true. We joked about Radek having a crush on Elizabeth in S1 and beyond, but it was sweet not sick.
      Aww, I miss that. Radek's crush on Elizabeth was adorable <3

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Every hubby loves that kind of humor. The fact that Radek has become comic relief is very important right now. They have elevated McKay to such an untouchable level that I think Radek is about to replace him as the foil of any humor. I'm sure lots of people would disagree with me, but this aspect of Rodney's character has changed drastically from S1. Remember in Hide and Seek when everyone was snickering about him behind his back, or even in TOR when the team was joking about him. That little bit got a lot of criticism just like the treatment of Radek did in Trio. But the difference is Radek is not the star. They need a stooge, ergo Radek. But IMHO they go too far by making him a pervert. Oh but wait, this crowd is so juvenile they think sexual harassment is fun. Never mind.

Lately even Sheppard has more of a snicker level than McKay. *remembers Harmony*
        I preferred rodney in season 1. He was arrogant and a butt end of jokes but more realistic than super rod that we have now.

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
        I really hate it when they make characters like Radek and Rodney into perverts. Like making Radek look at Carters boobs when they were trapped in quarantine and smelling Kellers hair? That is just NOT Radek imho. And Rodney in trio was awful the way they made him out to be.

When they made fun of Rodney in earlier seasons it wasn't as bad coz Rodney was so arrogant it was funny! But Radek has never been like that so it's totally uncalled for. If TPTB know whats good for them they will stop this pervert nonsense! we can dream....
        The reason why making rodney into a perve could work and the reason why making Zelenka into a perve is stupid. Zelenka is a nice guy who is loyal and sweet. Kind of the under dog who takes mckay's crap. You don't make the under dog into a perve.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

Ya know...those two bunnies reflect my physical state.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Happy Easter Anti's. I'm pissed at my computer who decided to reset all of it's settings so I spent ten minutes screaming at an inanimate object. To make matters worse, my parents are downstairs yelling at each other about Catholicism and ow my dad is accusing mum of being anti-Catholic. It's worse than Ireland down there.

It could be worse! Your father could be glued to the couch with a beer in his hand yelling at your mother to call HIS relatives and grovel on HIS behave for not being a good Christian. Then have your mother yell back that he drinks and smokes too much and your sis gets in trouble for getting PO at Dad and flushes his bag of pot down the toilet. Meanwhile, you go hide in your room while your brother comes with his girlfriend and a baby that turns out is not his...ah yes, memories.

Someday you will look back on it and say, "I will never let my parents move in with me when they get old. Nursing home--here they come!"
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That and I adore his Czech mumbling. You don't even need to know the language to know what he's saying.

I usually find secondary more interesting than main cast...
          Which is why Lorne and Zelenka have always been my favourites

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          Aww, I miss that. Radek's crush on Elizabeth was adorable
          I really loved those little moments, I built a whole fanfic section on that

Comment

ANTIS! , rise and shine . Not enough chatter in here. Tons of things to talk about .

Paris, no cheesecake?

Comment

Happy Easter, Antis!
              sigpic

Comment

Anyone happen to see my muse wander about... Please, send her back to me! Thank you.

Edit: At the moment she looks the spitting image of Kate.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  If they kill Radek, nobody will watch SGA anymore . ***Heee heee heee***
                  If they would kill off Radek, it would be the last straw for me. Yes, characters come and go and killing off a character can be beneficial for a story line but killing off the wrong character and killing off too many characters can be detrimental to a show. First there was Carson, then Elizabeth, then Kate. They better keep their mitts off Radek....and that includes Lorne too! If they want to kill off any character in S5, kill of Keller and Larrin! Leave the boys alone!

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                    If they would kill off Radek, it would be the last straw for me. Yes, characters come and go and killing off a character can be beneficial for a story line but killing off the wrong character and killing off too many characters can be detrimental to a show. First there was Carson, then Elizabeth, then Kate. They better keep their mitts off Radek....and that includes Lorne too! If they want to kill off any character in S5, kill of Keller and Larrin! Leave the boys alone!
                    I won't even bother to wait for them to destroy the character in one form or the other. I only plan on watching the Daniel special...that's it for me.

I think replacing Weir with 2 actors did it for me.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      Paris, no cheesecake?
                      as soon as my battery in my camera is charged
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                        For me, killing Carson for itself was the final straw but intensified by a million when Elizabeth was next. Then came Kate, then Larrin and Keller, then making Rodney and Radek looking like pervs, the stupid excuse for a Teyla arc, and pretty much ruining the show all together.

It doesn't even feel like the SGA I knew frow a more technical perspective. They've changed the camera style, the lighting is funky, etc. Thinking of it, the camera style fits much like the soap operas of the mind-late 90s my mum used to watch (sorry soap operas!)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          If they Kill off or character assassanate Radek, fandom will vote with it's remote, I've never know a character that is so universally liked as Radek, nowhere have I seen anyone say they hate his character and he must be one of a very few characters that doesn't have an Anti thread
                          I thought this very thing about Carson...and look where that got us.

Okay, so this weekend I was catching up on Lost and (spoilers for the episode 2 weeks ago)
                          Spoiler:
                          Jin dies in a flash forward sequence. He's one of my favorite characters and I was only marginally sad about him dying. I have felt that way regarding several of my favorites on there.
                          So where do you draw the line about killing off characters? If you keep killing them off, don't the viewers become desensitized to the whole thing? And if you bring out the old realism card, well, how realistic is it that the team never loses anyone? They're the ones exposed to the most danger. I know they lost Ford so I'll give them a little credit for that, but the current team has been together now for 3 years. Shoot, SG1 was together 10 years and never lost anyone (excepting the whole Daniel thing which I don't count since he came back rather quickly). So when they say characters have to leave to make it realistic, I have to laugh. They're playing it safe by picking off the characters that are (to them) on the periphery of the story. Get rid of a team member, then we'll talk realism.
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            I thought this very thing about Carson...and look where that got us.

Okay, so this weekend I was catching up on Lost and (spoilers for the episode 2 weeks ago)
                            Spoiler:
                            Jin dies in a flash forward sequence. He's one of my favorite characters and I was only marginally sad about him dying. I have felt that way regarding several of my favorites on there.
                            So where do you draw the line about killing off characters? If you keep killing them off, don't the viewers become desensitized to the whole thing? And if you bring out the old realism card, well, how realistic is it that the team never loses anyone? They're the ones exposed to the most danger. I know they lost Ford so I'll give them a little credit for that, but the current team has been together now for 3 years. Shoot, SG1 was together 10 years and never lost anyone (excepting the whole Daniel thing which I don't count since he came back rather quickly). So when they say characters have to leave to make it realistic, I have to laugh. They're playing it safe by picking off the characters that are (to them) on the periphery of the story. Get rid of a team member, then we'll talk realism.
                            Exactly! They're the ones in danger on a daily basis not the leader or a psychiatrist for god's sake.

On Lost: they finally managed to kill off a couple of characters I liked in the last episode before the hiatus. Kinda wish they hadn't but it's not like I loved those characters like I do Elizabeth so it's not that big of a deal. Plus, I know the reason they killed off
                            Spoiler:
                            Karl
                            is because the actor got a job on Broadway and wanted to leave for a better opportunity. So it's cool.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              I agree, but they're never going to do that. Can you imagine if they killed Shep or Rodney? SG1 lost Janet, but she was considered 'secondary' (I didn't consider her to be) plus some other lesser known characters (and Jacob/Selmak when they thought the series was finishing). With SGA they have desensitised me to character death to the point where it has no point/effect anymore. It may as well be a red shirt with no lines. Where's the realism there then? Look at Weir - they turned her into Stargate Kenny. And TLM - the deaths were meaningless.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I agree, but they're never going to do that. Can you imagine if they killed Shep or Rodney? SG1 lost Janet, but she was considered 'secondary' (I didn't consider her to be) plus some other lesser known characters (and Jacob/Selmak when they thought the series was finishing). With SGA they have desensitised me to character death to the point where it has no point/effect anymore. It may as well be a red shirt with no lines. Where's the realism there then? Look at Weir - they turned her into Stargate Kenny. And TLM - the deaths were meaningless.
                                I have to agree, they handled Janet's death and that of Jacob/Selmak really well, I shed more than a few tears when Janet died and had a lump in my throat when Jacob breathed his last. To be honest with the exploding tumour farce I rolled my eyes and laughed, what a way to go, exploding tumours I ask you

Comment

Working...
                                X