Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing our Nekkid Friday . Some pr0n with me

Spoiler:

Comment

[QUOTE=Reiko;7940961]

Well, I've found certain things are inevitable. Any thread that includes discussion of Carson, Elizabeth, Ford, Teyla's "story arc", plot holes, canonized ships, characters to cut, and many more will inevitably lead to me dissing TPTB. Any discussion about Carson's return will inevitably lead to Keller-dissing.

Any general discussion will involve me throwing a b*tchfit at some point
      [/QUOTE]

It is very hard not to, especially this year with all the stupid changes and story ideas.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        I loved the old redshirts. They were great. What happened?
        They're gone, I guess, like so many, many things.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        EDIT: IIRC MarrielAbbot
        Spoiler:
        it is a recap of SG1 up to that point, plus a sneak peak into s8. Also a brief bio of the characters.
        For SGA, pretty much the same, although more looking forward than back as they hadn't done a lot at that stage. You get a bit more info on the characters and their (TPTB) reasons for creating them. A lot of it now would seem a bit out of place as the show, the cast, and probably the crew have morphed somewhat
        Thank you!

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        Continuing our Nekkid Friday . Some pr0n with me

Spoiler:
        Do you need to cool down, should I move you to Antarctica on the anti-map?

Comment

The thing I hate the most in general discussion is the fact that one's opinion, usually the more critical ones, is either dismissed or if it's not it requires one to lay down proof.

Like that frakkin' review of IGN... Almost everyone who disagrees with it, wants the reviewer to give proof of why he/she things SGA s4 was a bust. Had this been an overly optimistic review nothing would have been wrong with it.

Any and all lurkers who would like to respond to this but feel it could be considered off-topic -> PM!!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

okay, let's keep the ani thread on topic before one of those old mods comes here with a bull whip and a delete button.

I've found myself also posting what could be anti 4 on anti 5 thread as well.

One thing I noticed about things spun for season 4 from tptb have turned out to be more false advertising.

Weir's big arc? turned out to be an ep long.

Wonderful and competent new doctor we should all just love? wtf!

Teyla's arc? Turned into Rodney's bad life.

Shep's past? Blah!!!! boring rich kid.

Ronon's development? He said more than two words this ep!

Carter's new role with challenges? Challenges? more like should I wear leather or old uniform today.

McKay's darker development? turned out to be...2 sentences about weir and beckett and an ep with his his life was horrible becuase everyone died.

Blah...season 4 failed on just so many levels.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Updated TPTB-keyboard:

Spoiler:
              I LOVE this!!!! LOL

Comment

The thing I hate the most in general discussion is the fact that one's opinion, usually the more critical ones, is either dismissed or if it's not it requires one to lay down proof.

Like that frakkin' review of IGN... Almost everyone who disagrees with it, wants the reviewer to give proof of why he/she things SGA s4 was a bust. Had this been an overly optimistic review nothing would have been wrong with it.

Any and all lurkers who would like to respond to this but feel it could be considered off-topic -> PM!!
                I have no shame. So i'll stick my 2 cents in as I was one that said he should not necessarily give proof of why he didn't like S4, but his reasosn, because I expect it from reviewer. The reason I mentioned it is for me for a review to be a good one, it should encompass all points. The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just trash it because they have the power to do so. If I read a review, good or bad, I'd like to hope that people can be objective, and see reasonings and facts. I saw the review as him not liking the seasons, fine, his/her perogative, but I am that inquisitve child and will ask why? Okay, so you hated the character development or lack thereof... why? So you hated the story arc? Fine, tell me why? I like specifics. I like to know the reasons behind things. I've been critical of eps, have no problem with doing so, and have no problem with anyone else doing so, to think otherwise would be hypocritical of me. But I am interested in which parts from which eps he found lacked 'Kawoosh'.

Same with the good, ok what did you like about it, why did you see things that way, what was it that you found good? The reverse for me is also true. I don't get the time to read a lot of reviews, but I do like well balanced ones, if I see one, I don't feel the need to respond to it, with this one I did. Does that answer your question? Shall I leave now?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  McKay's darker development? turned out to be...2 sentences about weir and beckett and an ep with his his life was horrible becuase everyone died.

Blah...season 4 failed on just so many levels.
                  I forgot that McKay was supposed to have some dark development! Maybe because he didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                    I forgot that McKay was supposed to have some dark development! Maybe because he didn't get it.
                    to me McKay remained consistent as before, more developed than anyone else and every arc that was supposed to feature teyla, carter, weir, keller somehow turned into Stargate mcKay.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

to me McKay remained consistent as before, more developed than anyone else and every arc that was supposed to feature teyla, carter, weir, keller somehow turned into Stargate mcKay.
                      Yep, they really can't write for their female cast. I wonder if thats why they just put them in skimpy outfits and say 'stand next to that male character and flirt with him'. Or worse still just use them for wallpaper(poor Teyla).
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoilered for length, though it's still rather short comparing to other Pegasus_SGA posts...
                        Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I have no shame. So i'll stick my 2 cents in as I was one that said he should not necessarily give proof of why he didn't like S4, but his reasosn, because I expect it from reviewer. The reason I mentioned it is for me for a review to be a good one, it should encompass all points. The good, the bad and the ugly. Not just trash it because they have the power to do so. If I read a review, good or bad, I'd like to hope that people can be objective, and see reasonings and facts. I saw the review as him not liking the seasons, fine, his/her perogative, but I am that inquisitve child and will ask why? Okay, so you hated the character development or lack thereof... why? So you hated the story arc? Fine, tell me why? I like specifics. I like to know the reasons behind things. I've been critical of eps, have no problem with doing so, and have no problem with anyone else doing so, to think otherwise would be hypocritical of me. But I am interested in which parts from which eps he found lacked 'Kawoosh'.

Same with the good, ok what did you like about it, why did you see things that way, what was it that you found good? The reverse for me is also true. I don't get the time to read a lot of reviews, but I do like well balanced ones, if I see one, I don't feel the need to respond to it, with this one I did. Does that answer your question? Shall I leave now?
                        And then there's you... Unfortunately not everyone is like you, and if the critic hasn't been dismissed beforehand, proof will have to be put on the table before it's even considered as a good review.

Personally I'll try to explain myself as much as possible, which I do anyway trying to make sure my post isn't misunderstood along the way... But I see it more often than not that critical/negative review/post is either being dismissed or questioned. Yet, a postive/raving review/post is accepted without further ado or questioning.

And thus this comes down to the everlasting struggles between the pro/anti, positive/negative, critical/raving, good/bad which has been going for as long as the show has been going on.

*shrug* It's a neverending circle.

Comment

Yes, without a doubt he is the most developed character. I do think the writers had him regress in some episodes (Quarentine--laying down to die, and Trio--c'mon Carter, flash some kids, and oh yeah, Radek sucks ). Then jump back to more mature McKay around Sheppard. But there was no lasting darkness that I could see from Weir's death, or his sister's close call. Just a few sentences, like you said. I think TPTB define dark differently than I.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            Yes, without a doubt he is the most developed character. I do think the writers had him regress in some episodes (Quarentine--laying down to die, and Trio--c'mon Carter, flash some kids, and oh yeah, Radek sucks ). Then jump back to more mature McKay around Sheppard. But there was no lasting darkness that I could see from Weir's death, or his sister's close call. Just a few sentences, like you said. I think TPTB define dark differently than I.
                            And they thought we would all cry at TLM. I really didn't get which bit they meant, was it cry because they have killed the show it's been so bad this year?! I just didn't get it. I could understand if they had said it for Kindred 2, that was sad.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                              And they thought we would all cry at TLM. I really didn't get which bit they meant, was it cry because they have killed the show it's been so bad this year?! I just didn't get it. I could understand if they had said it for Kindred 2, that was sad.
                              The only reason my eyes weren't completely dehydrated during TLM is because my pea-brain remembered to blink every once in a while.... Blink at the sheer stupidity of the whole episode, at the horrible CGI...

It was a total shame... not worth the title season finale.

Comment

Spoilered for length, though it's still rather short comparing to other Pegasus_SGA posts...

And then there's you... Unfortunately not everyone is like you, and if the critic hasn't been dismissed beforehand, proof will have to be put on the table before it's even considered as a good review.

Personally I'll try to explain myself as much as possible, which I do anyway trying to make sure my post isn't misunderstood along the way... But I see it more often than not that critical/negative review/post is either being dismissed or questioned. Yet, a postive/raving review/post is accepted without further ado or questioning.

And thus this comes down to the everlasting struggles between the pro/anti, positive/negative, critical/raving, good/bad which has been going for as long as the show has been going on.

*shrug* It's a neverending circle.
                                I'm in a league of my own. I kinda like that i'm special, no comments please. Plus I'm learning to be succinct.

I don't often get to read many reviews (purely due to time restraints), but for me seeing a good review involves a number of different factors. I love getting reviews for fanfics and stuff, the good, the bad and the ugly. Always have, always will. Nothing is perfect, nothing will ever be perfect, so for me there will always be the positives and negatives, hence the reason I tend to shy away from pro/anti threads because for me it's too insular and I can't fit into the little boxes and what may start as a negative point can turn into a positive and vice versa. Yes, you're probably right that if it was a glowing report people (generally speaking) may not have asked for evidence. I still would have, because that for me is a good review. So you liked it, great what did you like? Why did you like it. Likewise with the dislikes.

I understand your point and you're right, people (again generally speaking) seem to latch on to someone who is more critical of an ep for example... I would have loved to have been challenged more in the TLM thread, and asked why I wasn't fond of it, but no one did. And yet i've seen some people take other people's posts to bits. I don't get it. I probably never will, but I personally wouldn't like a board with constant squeeing all the time... all that sugar isn't good for you. So I like to discuss things with people who have differing views. I love it when you come onto the ep threads and we have a discussion, but I know from possibly your perspective it gets frustrating as people can be seen to nitpick and disect things inch by inch. And nothing no pro or anti posts can potentially stand up to that much scrutiny and it can be annoying.

But you're right sometimes it's like a never ending circle. I personally have no problem with people challenging my posts in the ep threads, i'm not an ogre... contrary to popular belief, and have been known to not squee at certain eps and there are times I wish people with differing views would come out and play more often. Maybe then there wouldn't be any need for pro's and anti's..... I wouldn't say I was pro or anti, i'm simply me, some eps I like, some I don't, and have no problem saying something either way. Did I mention I am also opinionated?

At the end of the day, I probably won't change my mind, nor you, yours, but at least we can have a good debate along the way, and who knows what might happen, we might even become friends!!

Didn't I say I was curbing my rambling?
                                Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 22 March 2008, 03:33 AM. Reason: insular, not polarised.... what a muppet, well it was late and I was tired so...

Comment

Working...
                                X