Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season 4 & Dr. Weir Discussion Thread ( Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Here's some facts (and spoilers for "Lifeline") for you all:

Link!

It's a "shot" (probably in between takes) from "Lifeline" showing that special someone everyone is talking about.
    "Special someone" So happy that she's gonna be fine!!!!

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    So Weir will be healthy. I hope she will stay in Atlantis at the leader or at least a member of the expedition and they won't send him back to Earth.
    Unfortunately, as it seems, she won't be the leader for now. They had to make room for Carter. I do hope they don't send her back to earth because Eliazbeth would NEVER willingly leave Atlantis. I find it hard to believe she would EVER resign but they will probably do that. They do whatever they want.

Originally posted by ElessarUSMC View Post
    him? you mean her?

Spoiler:
    Now that we see her up and around...

I think the most likely source of this "recurring character" thing is probably just going to be her choice (Weir's - not Torri's). Weir was talking in First Strike about stepping down because of how they were basically just ignoring her (the IOA) for big-pants decisions. It'd be a real bummer if that's the deal, she resigns. I couldn't picture her downgrading herself to a linguist/diplomat/translator from actual base commander (like going from leader to team member). That'd be cool, because it'd change the dynamic between her and the SG team personnel (cough::shep::cough ) but I couldn't see it happening. I can hope though
    Agreed with what you said, I couldn't picture that either. Are you getting at what I think you're getting at???? We wish!
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I guess the most drab, but likely scenario, knowing what we now know, is that she just has to "take it easy" for awhile while recovering. I.e., no leading... and maybe
      Spoiler:
      this isn't necessarily a spoiler... but it seems like a good guess, so what the heck. But maybe Sam shows up in either the Odyssey or some other ship to help, and sticks around since Weir is injured, and kind of takes command for the interim

That would explain the crap on Weir's desk , and the picture that PG15 posted, and then maybe for some weird (probably dumb) reason, she decides to resign.

Ideally, she'd decide to resign because of conflicting personal feelings for a certain team member that she wants to pursue , but it'll probably be like... she misses her chia pet or something.

Actually, oh oh oh... I just thought of something. Perhaps the IOA actually decides that they want a military officer commanding Atlantis. They could either have another king sized *****fest where they finally point the finger at Weir, OR, (this reason seems more logical), if it turns out that Atlantis is going to remain space-borne for awhile, they could be like "Well it's now technically a military vessel, so it should be commanded by a military person". So maybe she gets phased out of the leadership role in that way... that would actually be a saving grace for the whole "recurring character" rumor floating around. Recurring may just mean she's no longer the head honcho, her role is kind of ambiguous (like T'Pol after resigning from the High Command, just sorta hung around), and they play with the idea that she could be in-and-out for awhile.

Actually that may be a possible way for her to make that "team leader--->team member" transition that we kind of agreed sounded unlikely. I don't know... I could see it likely if it followed from that chain of events. I guess she'd become like a "Dr. Zelenka" type of recurring character. He's probably the most frequently "recurring character" there is, he's on pretty often.
      Last edited by ElessarUSMC; 31 March 2007, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the IOA actually decides that they want a military officer commanding Atlantis.
        Well perhaps they actually realise she is the incompetent leader she plainly is and kick her ass back to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
          Well perhaps they actually realise she is the incompetent leader she plainly is and kick her ass back to Earth.
          I don't think the IOA is capable of "realizing" anything about leadership

She may or may not be a bad leader, but I don't think the IOA is any authority on it.

Comment

I don't think the IOA is capable of "realizing" anything about leadership
            Pity, because if Weir is staying and Carter is as well and McKay's character is being written in such a way as to make way for Carter *which JM already made reference to* then this truly will be a short season for me. There is only so much fast forwarding a person can do when watching a show before it is just better to stop watching all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              Pity, because if Weir is staying and Carter is as well and McKay's character is being written in such a way as to make way for Carter *which JM already made reference to* then this truly will be a short season for me. There is only so much fast forwarding a person can do when watching a show before it is just better to stop watching all together.
              So I guess you don't like Weir... or Carter... but you do like McKay? I see. Yeah I actually wouldn't want to see McKay take a backseat either. I really dont' want to see another "These are the Voyages" (inside joke for Enterprise fans) where they're like "lets try to hijack the spinoff with characters from the old, wildly successful original show and improve its ratings!"

McKay play second fiddle to no one... in fact I don't even think the "McKay" from SG1 should have been the same person that came onto Atlantis. They changed him so much to make him even tolerable. He's like 10x more competent now than he was before, and definitely a lot less abrasive. The McKay that Carter was "better than" back then was a totally different person. I love Carter and all but I have to say that this is McKay's turf... I don't want anybody trespassing on it.

Comment

... in fact I don't even think the "McKay" from SG1 should have been the same person that came onto Atlantis. They changed him so much to make him even tolerable. He's like 10x more competent now than he was before, and definitely a lot less abrasive. The McKay that Carter was "better than" back then was a totally different person. I love Carter and all but I have to say that this is McKay's turf... I don't want anybody trespassing on it.
                See, I don't agree with you there. Not about it being McKay's turf, that I agree with 100%. I just think we've got to know McKay now that he's a regular character and as such we have come to know the 'human' parts of his character. I still think he's obnoxious but they couldn't have all the viewers hating him and wishing he wasn't there. Then again, I actually liked him in SG1 too so maybe that's just me!

I am looking forward to seeing what changes they DO have to make to McKay to fit Sam in. I'm not against her going or anything, but I do think they are going to have to work hard to create a role for her if she DOESN'T become leader of Atlantis, simply because she and McKay have virtually the same role, notwithstanding her military background of course.

Anyway, back on topic... I'm so glad we have evidence of Weir being fine, even though I didn't believe for a minute she wouldn't be! I usually have faith in TPTB and do on this occasion too, but I have to say, I was just beginning to like Elizabeth so I will be quite upset to see her less And has been said elsewhere in the thread, I can't see her stepping down easily, and definitely not leaving Atlantis altogether. I think like a few others that she will become disillusioned by the lack of faith in her and step down because of real or imagined pressure from the IOA, but her diplomatic skills are such that she would still be an invaluable member of the expedition.
                <<< Clickie Me

Spread the Chuck Love

Comment

Link!

It's a "shot" (probably in between takes) from "Lifeline" showing that special someone everyone is talking about.
                  NOOOooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    Unfortunately, as it seems, she won't be the leader for now. They had to make room for Carter. I do hope they don't send her back to earth because Eliazbeth would NEVER willingly leave Atlantis. I find it hard to believe she would EVER resign but they will probably do that. They do whatever they want.
                    Elizabeth could willingly leave Atlantis, she's not a robot ! I'm really happy she's ON the pic, but that doesn't tell us much either. Excuse me, but being in a flying city that's lost in space is actually something that could lead her to resign(). JM didn't have to post that pic but he did. You should cut tptb some slack for once! And yes they're doing whatever they want, it's their show. And for the hundreth time, JM stated the Weir arc/recurring status isn't about making room for Carter. I'm not trying to get into a Weir fan war here, I'd just like you guys to not judge on what you don't know. Weir is also my fave character (along with Sheppy +whump ) too and I've got my own opinion on Weir's issues. For me it wouldn't be out of character for her to resign after all she's been through and the fact that only the expedition is aware of how worth she is having around as a leader. IMHO the premise of the show couldn't be better and we can get great characters developments and interactions. I hope I didn't offended you in the process Celcool, bc it certainly wasn't my intention. SG-1 has survived several losses but had great come backs. Give the show a chance as it is and stop getting angry and frustrated over the one good thing we've had in months ! I dare you to tell me that you're not even remotely happy.

So, I guess the "brain surgery" went excessively well . Or this scene is just another Weir dream/subconscience scene a la Real Worl.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                      Elizabeth could willingly leave Atlantis, she's not a robot !
                      You're right, she's not a robot, she has feelings, feelings for certain people in Atlantis. She wouldn't abandon them just like that. I'm not the only one thinking she wouldn't leave willingly and I'm basing my opinion on The Return 1 when she was absolutely miserable when she had to leave Atlantis and be far away from the people she has grown to care about very much. I think nothing would make her do that, she'd still want to stay no matter what, even if she found a reason to resign (which TPTB could obviously make her find, yes, it is their show, I'm aware of that ) Her whole life revolves around Atlantis now, she's invested too much herself in those 3 years of being the leader, taking care of her people, doing what would be best for them and the earth to just return to earth willingly living her life far away from them with no contact to her "family" on Atlantis.

I'm really happy she's ON the pic, but that doesn't tell us much either.
                      I'm aware of that too. I was happy when I first saw it but still, all kinds of theories passed through my mind. It could be all "real world"-like but I doubt it. For now, I'm just happy that she's gonna be okay. After all, that's one positive thing we got about Elizabeth since the very beginning of this whole recurring news. I'm gonna enjoy it for now!

Still, they don't want to tell us in how many episodes she's gonna be in, that would tell us a lot. They can say for everybody else but not her, why is that?

Excuse me, but being in a flying city that's lost in space is actually something that could lead her to resign().
                      If you look at it that way, then everybody could resign, Shep, McKay, everybody! What's the point of keeping the job then?

JM didn't have to post that pic but he did. You should cut tptb some slack for once!
                      I know he didn't have to, that's why I posted a comment on his blog and cut him some slack, for once .

And for the hundreth time, JM stated the Weir arc/recurring status isn't about making room for Carter.
                      I better not start discussing this.

For me it wouldn't be out of character for her to resign after all she's been through
                      It depends on how the writers would handle that if it would be believable enough. ElessarUSMC could be right in his theories, still, I don't like TPTB's decision to make her a recurring character in the first place. I don't like any of the recent changes and I don't understand how they think it will draw viewers. They're messing with the characters too much.

SG-1 has survived several losses but had great come backs.
                      Not everybody feels that's the case from what I read here.

Give the show a chance as it is and stop getting angry and frustrated over the one good thing we've had in months ! I dare you to tell me that you're not even remotely happy.
                      How could you see anger and frustration from my post here? There was none. I used 2 of these smilies , no angry ones. I was happy for a change, it's at least something, not something that would promise everything we still want but yeah, she's alive!
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Great news! Now let's hope they don't make her resign or something.

Save Weir!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          Elizabeth could willingly leave Atlantis, she's not a robot ! I'm really happy she's ON the pic, but that doesn't tell us much either. Excuse me, but being in a flying city that's lost in space is actually something that could lead her to resign(). JM didn't have to post that pic but he did. You should cut tptb some slack for once! And yes they're doing whatever they want, it's their show. And for the hundreth time, JM stated the Weir arc/recurring status isn't about making room for Carter. I'm not trying to get into a Weir fan war here, I'd just like you guys to not judge on what you don't know. Weir is also my fave character (along with Sheppy +whump ) too and I've got my own opinion on Weir's issues. For me it wouldn't be out of character for her to resign after all she's been through and the fact that only the expedition is aware of how worth she is having around as a leader. IMHO the premise of the show couldn't be better and we can get great characters developments and interactions. I hope I didn't offended you in the process Celcool, bc it certainly wasn't my intention. SG-1 has survived several losses but had great come backs. Give the show a chance as it is and stop getting angry and frustrated over the one good thing we've had in months ! I dare you to tell me that you're not even remotely happy.

So, I guess the "brain surgery" went excessively well . Or this scene is just another Weir dream/subconscience scene a la Real Worl.
                          Well said, Blower'sGate. I totally agree with you. Whatever the future hold's for Elizabeth and the rest of the team, I hope it's a good one. Let's keep watching so they've got one. Please! Atlantis is a great show.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just posted this on another topic. I have to say I do have my suspicions about this. Looking at Rodney’s face I can see it's realtime but I find it hard to believe Elizabeth will be up and walking about so soon after surgery.

The fact that she’s sitting in the back, is it possible this could be some kind of out of body experience thing?
                            BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                              I just posted this on another topic. I have to say I do have my suspicions about this. Looking at Rodney’s face I can see it's realtime but I find it hard to believe Elizabeth will be up and walking about so soon after surgery.

The fact that she’s sitting in the back, is it possible this could be some kind of out of body experience thing?
                              I don't think sitting in the back or the front means anything in that regard. Sure it could be an OBE, but I don't see any evidence of that... it's just a theory.

Comment

Link!

Of course, with our luck this shot will be part of a flashback one of the characters is having.

Comment

Working...
                                X