No announcement yet.

The Game (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna watch it in about an hour's time, seriously can't wait. But what about episode 14 "Sunday"? Will they just put that on another day?
    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

I liked this standalone ep.

They didn't "create" the characters. The people existed. Rodney and Sheppard were however able to alter any segments of the societies that they wanted to. Each concentrated on what they felt was important. Shep concentrated on large scale society, while Rodney micromanaged hairstyles, flags, clothes, and individual technologies (and fruit obsessions LOL. The blue jello thing was funny too).

Because of this, Sheppard's people were much more 'themselves' than Rodney's were. Therefore Rodney's people were much more representative of his personality than Shep's people were of his. It was simply a matter of priorities for each player.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
        I'm gonna watch it in about an hour's time, seriously can't wait. But what about episode 14 "Sunday"? Will they just put that on another day?
        Best guess at the moment, based on various rumours, is that The Ark is next, followed by Sunday.

Comment

Does anyone else feel that the entire war was most John's fault? Rodney was giving his people technology, yes, but John immediately interpreted that as them planning to one day overthrow his people.

Then came the treaty negotiations. Sure, Rodney's demands were high-strung but John retaliated by the immature gesture of sending him things he knew Rodney was deadly allergic to.

And then whenever they talked about it in front of Baten, John kept sneering about how Rodney "cheated" and blah blah, showing off hostility, which Baten no doubt picked up.

And how stupid don't you have to be to realize that that typing and those beeps you just heard was Baten inputting commands into the console?!

Sure, Rodney was partly to blame. The thing with the coal was a low blow, but what the heck was John doing with it, anyway? Her was just letting it sit there.

Sure, Rodney did things that set things in motion. But every single time, it was John's reactions that triggered the inevitable war.

Had John not been as immature and war-hawky, they would still have had peace, only with a botched trade treaty.

Comment

Most of the military build up and increasing hostilities began long before they found out that it wasnt a game. While John wanted to beat Rodney he thought that if things went bad then it was just a game and wouldnt matter very much. You cant really blame him.

Comment

Originally posted by Praetorian View Post
              Most of the military build up and increasing hostilities began long before they found out that it wasnt a game. While John wanted to beat Rodney he thought that if things went bad then it was just a game and wouldnt matter very much. You cant really blame him.
              Yes, but had it been, oh, say, Zelenka, he wouldn't have increased the size of his army. And he wouldn't constantly be showing hostility towards Rodney's "cheating" when discussing delicate matters such as why to not go to war!

Comment

Mediocre ep not bad just total filler for sure. I saw this once, it was a comedy sketch reversing roles, the dungeons and dragons characters were playing with real life style characters. It was amusing, this episode was indeed amusing however the fact its yet again the Rodney and Sheppard show just annoys me. It did have some interesting bits for Lorne, Weir and Dr Z. I so wish Weir would have smacked someone upside the head! No Beckett...AGAIN. So he has what, a max of 2 eps left? We know he's in 'The Ark' and Sunday is supposed to air after. So much for Paul McGillion being a regular he got what, 12 eps this season? Thanks PTB, you sure know how to treat your 'popular' characters, well ones that names done begin with 'Rodney' or 'John'.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  i know i was just thinking that some people may be after just a small taste of the episode not neccessarily the whole thing...i don't mind i was happy to read it, but others might not want a complete summary
                  As far as I can recall, the episode section ALWAYS has at least one full summary of each ep, though the level of detail may vary.

Those who want to remain spoiler free should avoid episode threads altogether. I'm not sure what constitutes a "small taste" since other posts in this section have mentioned far more specific details than I have.

Since I've recounted plot points more or less in the order the episode was laid out, perhaps "small taste" would be just reading the first paragraph and no more.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

I liked this ep... It was something entirely different, something I haven't seen before...

Loved Shep-McKay and Lorne-Zelenka banter/fight..
                    Loved angry silent Shep
                    Loved the leader of Shep's country, he was like I'd imagine a character being 'created' by Shep, but what's with the British accent? Does Shep like British accents?
                    Loved Weir and her telling her boys off

The lack of Beckett was sad though... There's just something missing without him
                    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz Lightyear View Post
                      As far as I can recall, the episode section ALWAYS has at least one full summary of each ep, though the level of detail may vary.

Those who want to remain spoiler free should avoid episode threads altogether. I'm not sure what constitutes a "small taste" since other posts in this section have mentioned far more specific details than I have.

Since I've recounted plot points more or less in the order the episode was laid out, perhaps "small taste" would be just reading the first paragraph and no more.
                      To elaborate more:
                      It's written in the rules that as long as you're not spoiling future episodes, you don't have to (and really, you shouldn't) use spoiler-tags when posting in episode threads!

It defeats the purpose of the threads when you have to spoilertag everything about the episode! {Mod Snip}

And what kind of a person goes into an episode thread before seeing the episode?! I avoid the episode threads 'til I've seen the episodes.

IMO, only {Mod Snip} would wander into an episode thread and not expect to get spoiled. And only an {Mod Snip} would get upset if he did get spoiled.
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 19 December 2006, 03:33 PM. Reason: regardless of opinion name calling is never acceptable

Comment

I was bored during this episode, I found the McKay and Sheppard banter excessive , not as funny and subtle as we were used to see in S1 or S2 , it was too much and I found that their characters were presented like two immature kids playing games , specially when facing Weir who was given the bad role of the Teacher reprimanding them. It's not serious for the Leaders of Atlantis.
                        No really , I have a feeling of frustration with this episode .

Except Echoes , I think that the second half episodes of the season are at a lower level than the first half, but it's only my humble opinion and the season is not finished yet.

Comment

Actually, I haven't seen the ep yet. However, I do want to see how the episode is being received, so I just glance at the first few lines to see if it's a "terrible episode" or "great episode!" and just skip the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybear View Post
                            I was bored during this episode, I found the McKay and Sheppard banter excessive , not as funny and subtle as we were used to see in S1 or S2 , it was too much and I found that their characters were presented like two immature kids playing games , specially when facing Weir who was given the bad role of the Teacher reprimanding them. It's not serious for the Leaders of Atlantis.
                            No really , I have a feeling of frustration with this episode .

Except Echoes , I think that the second half episodes of the season are at a lower level than the first half, but it's only my humble opinion and the season is not finished yet.
                            You pretty much some up my feelings on this ep though I wouldn't go as far as saying it bored me - but it frustrated me. I did think that the bickering was over the top considering the seriousness of the situation. They almost caused a war. Echoes to me had the perfect balance of McShep banter but it did seem excessive here. Overall the guys came across as too immature for my liking with Weir like their teacher or mother figure repimanding them.

Some lovely moments but I would prefer to see our guys portrayed in a more serious manner especially Shep because for me this is where he excells.
                            sigpic

Comment

{Mod Snip}
                              IMO John and Rodney were equally to blame for ther whole disaster. Rondey cheated and Shep reacted.

Oh, and Rodney seems to have been the "slut" in this ep
                              Last edited by TameFarrar; 19 December 2006, 03:36 PM. Reason: quoted post removed as well as response
                              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Anybody got caps?

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X