Asuran defences 320 Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran defences 320 Spoilers

With all there ZPMs and there knowlege of Ancient technolgy doesnt it seem strange that the ships the Asurans were building in first strike wern't shielded? im not saying they should be able to shield their entire planet but those nukes apparently took out 'huge chunks of city' as Mckay said,.so apparently they were beign built in populated areas. Maybe they just needed to let the Atlantis team be able to do this for the story.

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
    With all there ZPMs and there knowlege of Ancient technolgy doesnt it seem strange that the ships the Asurans were building in first strike wern't shielded? im not saying they should be able to shield their entire planet but those nukes apparently took out 'huge chunks of city' as Mckay said,.so apparently they were beign built in populated areas. Maybe they just needed to let the Atlantis team be able to do this for the story.
    They were still building the ships when we nuked them. The ships werent fully functional yet. That is probaly why the ships didnt have sheilds.
    sigpic

Comment

I suppose they weren't expecting an attack.

Added to that, the Asurans don't really "die" and they rebuild things fast, so there really aren't any losses.

Comment

I doubt the Asuran ships shields could withstand the gatebusters anyway.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

They could have probably shielded the entire planet, but because they didn't expected an attack they (machines) didn't saw any reason to consume the ZPMs inutile. I guess that being a replicator-machine had its disadvantages, one being lack of intuition.

The second is because emulating the ancients, actualy means that they copy anything from them and this make them also self-confident to say the least; remember how the Ancients waited the Asurans with the shield down. The humans are ovioulsly "new material" to them and they also tend to underestimate us and our techonlogy, which will be probably their doom.

I don't see why they will use shields if they don't expect an attack, not to mention the the ships were unfinished. Like we already learned, the shields are for emergency only.

Comment

I didnt mean the actual ships themselves being shielded but the cities that they were being built in, and therefore the ships being shielded. surely they wouldn't want 'huge chunks of there city' obliterated and they would expect an attack as they would have long range sensors. Im not one of those people that pick the show apart just thought i would bring it up as no one else has.

Comment

The ships were incomplete and were unsuspecting of attack, either reason could sufficiently explain why they didnt raise shields if they were already installed. Because Oberoth called it seems to show that they did manage to shield and maybe cloak parts of the city it would explain the huge missing chunks, so shepherd couldnt see it in his post attack assesment.

The ancients shielded an entire planet from Atlantis, well most of it using 3 ZPMs the Asurans had more than 3 so i don't see why they cant shield the entire planet if they needed to.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

In any case a civilisation with such plentiful ZPMs should utilize planetary shielding, to prevent exactly this from happening

Comment

As it was said in "Progeny," the Asurans were just as arrogant as the Ancients because they are machines. So they weren't exactly thinking that anyone would attack them on their homeworld so they wouldn't' even think of shielding anything. Plus, they are as advanced as the Ancients, if not more so, who wouldn't be scared to attack them, besides the Tau'ri.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Most of the planet is a city, expect the water areas. You can clearly see this as the nukes get near. Which is probably not too surprising since there are billions of replicators according to Niam.

The Apollo caught them off guard, and the strike occurred very fast. A quick jump in and jump out. They launched the weapon right when the jumped out of hyperspace.

Surprise is the best advantage in war.

They can't do the same thing again, the replicators will be expecting an attack.

Comment

The way I see it is that they just couldn't imagine being attacked like that so they didn't take any precautions.
                      Save Dr Carson Beckett!!

"I was sure I was gonna wake up dead this morning"

"Ah yes, let's race towards the gunfire"

"We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get??"

"And you are Lord Mot, here to punish us for our insolence....etcetera, yada, et al."

Comment

I beg to differ on the entire planet being a city, there are massive green areas, and unless the Asurans like to make the roofs of their buildings green it should be supposed it is forrests, and plant life. I think there were maybe 4 citys we hit, because we were only shown 2 construction sights i think.
                        Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                        X