Why Michael was with short hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Michael was with short hair?

I watched again Vengeance and realized that Michael was with short hair like in Misbegotten.
    After all his hair has to be grown for these months.
    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
    Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
    My fan fiction

No doubt he's bred those creatures with sharp talons so they can double up as hairdressers. Who are in short supply in Pegasus.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

maybe wraith hair doesn't actually grow.........or he went to his favorite stylist named miguel.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by female Wraith View Post
        I watched again Vengeance and realized that Michael was with short hair like in Misbegotten.
        After all his hair has to be grown for these months.
        Then you need to think about the fact that the proper Wraith we've seen is the fact that some are older than 10,000 years old. Yet their hair is only around shoulder length.

You'd think after all that time, they'd be like Rapunzel with the length of it. Hence they obviously cut it themselves or drop into their local Pegasus barbers for a quick tidy up every century or so.

Michael is now a half-breed. So it's more likely that because of how old the Wraith live to, they take longer than humans to grow in. So a few months compared to many, many thousands of years worth of life is like a drop in the ocean for them. He probably has the Wraith genetics for his hair, as if he had the human ones, then he'd probably be bald by now.

Of course, there is always the possibility that he likes it short, so gets it snipped regularly to stay that way.

Comment

Most of the Wraith we saw have been in hybernation for the last 10 000 years. Exept for the moments when the Hive is awaken and they feed.
          In hybernation their bodies are in "sleep" and their hair and nails don't grow.

Now Michael is half-human so is suppose to have some of human features.
          LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
          My fan fiction

Comment

I agree Why does Michael have short hair?- I was so so disappointed that his hair had not grown longer- it would make so much more sense and given the impression that time passes in the Pegasus Galaxy. It is the little changes that happen to Characters as much as the big changes and I really want to see Michael become full Wraith with the distinctive long hair of a Wraith

Michael is Wraith no matter what was done to him against his will and I was so really looking forward to watching his hair growing longer with each of his appearances on SGA. On Star trek next generation- we were able to see Lt Worf grow his hair so why not Michael in Stargate Atlantis!? It feels so right to have Michael with his hair growing long again.

Female Wraith if you look at the Michael/Teyla thread in Characters and relationships section I did a picture of michael with long hair, on the third page.
            Last edited by kaeyla; 01 February 2007, 08:20 AM.
            We are angels of death in black leather
            Your demons without wings, we glide
            We are angels in black with a hunger
            Not your sheep to change or guide.
            We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

Originally posted by kaeyla View Post
              I agree Why does Michael have short hair?- I was so so disappointed that his hair had not grown longer- it would make so much more sense and given the impression that time passes in the Pegasus Galaxy. It is the little changes that happen to Characters as much as the big changes and I really want to see Michael become full Wraith with the distinctive long hair of a Wraith

Michael is Wraith no matter what was done to him against his will and I was so really looking forward to watching his hair growing longer with each of his appearances on SGA. On Star trek next generation- we were able to see Lt Worf grow his hair so why not Michael in Stargate Atlantis!? It feels so right to have Michael with his hair growing long again.

Female Wraith if you look at the Michael/Teyla thread in Characters and relationships section I did a picture of michael with long hair, on the third page.
              Maybe his hair just doesn't grow as fast as it used to.... remember, Beckett tinkered with his DNA so....

Comment

Maybe he cut it? Maybe he just like it short?

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeljaeger View Post
                  Maybe he cut it? Maybe he just like it short?
                  As we saw in all episodes with Wraith all of them were with long hairs. It seems this is some kind of fashion or is important taboo. I don't believe Michael will follow the hair style of the humans.

I think his short hair is a plot hole.
                  LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
                  My fan fiction

Comment

I assumed he kept it short because he is no longer completely wraith. And while he doesn't want to be human, he is very similar to them now.

Comment

wraith hair could grow slower than humans.

Comment

I'm guessing that the Wraith's hair growth takes a while to grow. All the older Wraith have long hair and Michael's was cut to fit in with the military personnell. So it's possible that their hair takes a while to grow.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Can't any of you guys remember? when they did the inital experiments on Michael, Beckett had his hair cut into the military style, i do belive that Wraith don't grow hair all that much

Comment

I can imagine Michael perhaps wanted to stick to the short and pointy hair because it also seperates him from the Wraith in appearance. The Wraith no longer regard Michael as one of their own, so he probably feels he has to distinguish himself from them as well. Also note, that he still goes with the name 'Michael', which was given to him by 'his captors'.

Just a thought.
                            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                              Can't any of you guys remember? when they did the inital experiments on Michael, Beckett had his hair cut into the military style, i do belive that Wraith don't grow hair all that much
                              Well, no one knows how long it takes for a wraith to grow the long hair, and yes, we all remember the haircut (since he had short hair in all his appearances except the initial wraith video). I believe all wraith we've seen have long hair, but Michael, not really a wraith not really human, has just stuck with the short hair. Maybe he likes it. Maybe it just takes darned forever to grow.

Comment

Working...
                              X