Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient shields able to stop drones?(possible Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silence View Post
    PJ was damaged by that hit. remember that Asurans fired only few drones, not like what Jack did when he fired at Anubis or when Orion fired at Hive ship.
    if all drones managed to hit... PJ would be destroyed.

and after all, this IS Ancient weapon being used on Ancient shield.
    yeah but the pj have clocking tech but only have sheilds when McKay switch them over from clock to sheild!

Comment

Originally posted by RussellFinch10 View Post
      yeah but the pj have clocking tech but only have sheilds when McKay switch them over from clock to sheild!
      The first person we saw doing it was Steve or whatever the Defiant One was called.

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
        PJ was damaged by that hit. remember that Asurans fired only few drones, not like what Jack did when he fired at Anubis or when Orion fired at Hive ship.
        if all drones managed to hit... PJ would be destroyed.
        Many asurans had been firing at the PJ simultaneously (with their hand energy guns) for a long time so its shield may not have been at full strength

Also remember PJs are not fighters, their shields although ancient in design are still underpowered (not like they're powered by anything remotely close to a ZPM or something) & therefore quickly depleted - remember in Grace under pressure when they said the PJ's shields could only hold for a few minutes under water ? (they extended shields so that McKay could leave the damaged jumper)

but the principle remains unchanged, ancient shielding blocks drones

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          The first person we saw doing it was Steve or whatever the Defiant One was called.
          That is true.but I dont think his name was steve.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AGT58 View Post
            I don't know, I'm still holding out hope because the Ancient shields are always on if you know what I mean, they're visible even when not being fired at, the Ori shields are like all other races' shields, Goa'uld and Asgard and such, they aren't visible until they're fired upon so maybe the drones can penetrate them.

AGT58
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps the reason for the cityship's shields appearing to be always visible is the interaction with the atmosphere. Even when passing through space, I believe an atmosphere was maintained within the shields.

Comment

Originally posted by caelestes View Post
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but perhaps the reason for the cityship's shields appearing to be always visible is the interaction with the atmosphere. Even when passing through space, I believe an atmosphere was maintained within the shields.
              You are correct, it was maintained. The Asurans opened up a window for weir and gang to look out of while they were in space.

Comment

Originally posted by knowledge_prior_to_action View Post
                Anyone notice that the puddle jumper shields were able to stop a single drone? I was under the impression that Drones owned all shields?
                I don't think it could. Recall that the Lanteans destroyed the civilization of the Asurans, which had exactly the same shield technology than the Ancients. But I guess that pemnetrating the shield of an Asuran city-ship was quite a chore even to a drone.

Comment

Here's something. The Ancients invented the Jumpers and drones, but they actually didn't intend the Jumpers to have defensive shields. That was something that Mckay/Zelenka came up with, reversing the Jumper's cloak into a shield. So therefore, it is possible that the Jumper shields may actually be stronger to scale than the larger ships, and therefore, able to take more punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenChevron View Post
                    Here's something. The Ancients invented the Jumpers and drones, but they actually didn't intend the Jumpers to have defensive shields. That was something that Mckay/Zelenka came up with, reversing the Jumper's cloak into a shield. So therefore, it is possible that the Jumper shields may actually be stronger to scale than the larger ships, and therefore, able to take more punishment.
                    Either that, or the ancients feeling others MIGHT get a hold of lantean tech (such as teh asurans or wraith) felt it would be benefitial for jumpers, their prime scout ships to be able to withstand those drones..

Comment

Working...
                    X