Asuran Mega City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asuran Mega City

kk know we all no that the ausurans are bad guys know but it was pretty cool to see a mega city that was very ancienty and from wat ive read from the season finale "First Strike" it might get destroyed a bit so i wondered whether the mega city will be covered in a sheild or just the city ship so post ure responses ppl n if n e 1 has n e pics of the city jst post them cause i havent been able to find n e gd ones
    sigpic

mckay made it seem like it can be shielded.

back to my post, if atlantis is the size of manhattan imagine how big the asuran city is. size of rhode island?
    A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

yea gd pont from one of the pics ive seen of it it seems to stretch for ages and in progeny wen niam was showing dr weir the anceint attack of their homeworld where they were standing there was rubble around them so i guess the city could have been out that far and ancient warships were comin in from everywhere
      sigpic

Comment

I think that Asuran megacity would be as big as Beijing, China...

Manhattan = Atlantis
        Manhattan is the smallest of the 5 boroughs of New York City...
        New York City (all 5 boroughs) is about 800 sq. km
        the state of Rhode Island is roughly 4,000 sq. km
        whereas the capital city of China... Beijing, is around 16,800 sq. km.... thats BIG
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          I think that Asuran megacity would be as big as Beijing, China...

Manhattan = Atlantis
          Manhattan is the smallest of the 5 boroughs of New York City...
          New York City (all 5 boroughs) is about 800 sq. km
          the state of Rhode Island is roughly 4,000 sq. km
          whereas the capital city of China... Beijing, is around 16,800 sq. km.... thats BIG
          no doubt about it the Asuran megacity sint a mega city for nothingand by looks of wat i saw in progeny the tower part of the cityship wasnt even the highest building in the city there was prolly buildings that were maybe anotha 20 strories higher than what the world trade centes were
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient Atlantis
            n if n e 1 has n e pics of the city jst post them cause i havent been able to find n e gd ones
            n if n e 1 has n e gd o p q r s t u v w x y z... You know, it's not that hard to add an extra letter or two, to form proper words such as "any", "good" and "one".

Spoiler:

More screencaps can be found here.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
              mckay made it seem like it can be shielded.

back to my post, if atlantis is the size of manhattan imagine how big the asuran city is. size of rhode island?
              It's not the size of Manhattan, at least not in lenght. It's around 3.6 km wide.

The other city hosts millions of Asurans. But with high buildings comprising most of its volume, it would not need to spread that far.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

It's freaking huge

Comment

Kinda off topic, but.....

Spoiler:
                  What the heck is the circle thing on the left most peir? Is this one of the grounding stations? Looks like a huge ring transport.

Comment

I think that ring is one of the places drones are launched from.
                    "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

i think its really big, niam or some other robot said theat they hold billions of there kind and the ancients are really quite stupid with them destroying them with their drones they should of come up with the dakara weapon or a nuke size explosion
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng
                        Kinda off topic, but.....

Spoiler:
                        What the heck is the circle thing on the left most peir? Is this one of the grounding stations? Looks like a huge ring transport.

It's a dRone launcher, you can see it being used in 'The Siege II'.

i think its really big, niam or some other robot said theat they hold billions of there kind and the ancients are really quite stupid with them destroying them with their drones they should of come up with the dakara weapon or a nuke size explosion
                        He said that there were millions of Asurans.

Comment

So they have 2 or 3 different drone launch areas on the city correct? Does that mean that Atlantis and Asuras has more than one armorie for storing drones?

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz
                            So they have 2 or 3 different drone launch areas on the city correct? Does that mean that Atlantis and Asuras has more than one armorie for storing drones?
                            There are 3 points because there are six piers. The drones all probably come from a single armory and then that armory branches off to the 3 pier ends.

Best Stargate quote:
                            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                            Green is your friend.

Comment

I see now

Taken from Siege II as well, there are 3 drone ports

THis is a good view, as the ports are lit up as they have power being diverted to them

Comment

Working...
                              X