Why not use 1000 naquadah generators instead of a ZPM???? :|

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not use 1000 naquadah generators instead of a ZPM???? :|

i know that a ZPM is far more powerfull than that but still...
    atlantis is now powered by what?? 4-5 generators?? why not use 1000?

maybe that way they will even be able to use the cloak or etc..

and i don't think production would be a problem...'cause if they really want it they could make it happen

what do you think
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

a bit risky isnt it....one's enough to critically damage the city and kill everyone with radiation

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack
      i know that a ZPM is far more powerfull than that but still...
      atlantis is now powered by what?? 4-5 generators?? why not use 1000?

maybe that way they will even be able to use the cloak or etc..

and i don't think production would be a problem...'cause if they really want it they could make it happen

what do you think
      Well I could be wrong but is'nt naquadah hard to harvest and that it's quite limited/scarce?

Anyway I think even if we had 1000 generator It still would'nt do the job that a ZPM can do especially activating/unlocking major technology in Atlantis. Plus how messy Atlantis will be with generators scattered around the place.
      But I guess there's no harm having extra laying around you never know when they'll be handy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis
        Well I could be wrong but is'nt naquadah hard to harvest and that it's quite limited/scarce?
        If that were true, then why would the goa'uld have had so many ships.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

I think there would have to be another way how about those mark 8 generators. Why not have several to help power the city.

Comment

There are no such thing as Mark 8 generators.

There are Mark 8 Nuclear warheads though, but they wouldn't help.

Comment

I've thought about the power requirements of Atlantis before, and some things just don't add up. I understand the shield is huge, and amazingly powerful, plus their is a stardrive, etc., and all this requires vast amounts of power.

However, how much power do they really need to keep the lights on? Or to run their computers? What was the deal with "Oh no atlantis is draining all our power because the automatic doors turned on." I am guessing the Ancients weren't big on energy conservation.

A naquadah generator puts out the equivalent of a couple hundred nuclear power plants. Yet, the Ancient drone control chair barely runs on a pumped up naquadah generator. So apparently one weapon control chair needs the equivalent power of 2/3s of the United States in order to run.

My guess is the writers, no ill will intended here, simply wanted Ancient technology to sound cool, and so came up with amazing power requirements, even for the simplest things, in order to make it all see more advanced. As a result, we end up with the control chair issue.

Comment

lol thats writers for you trying to make things godly but having other things not making sense but it is sci-fi so lol

and also there wouldn't be room in atlantis for that

Comment

Originally posted by npd2004
                  A naquadah generator puts out the equivalent of a couple hundred nuclear power plants.
                  What are you smokin'?

Comment

because Atlantis doesnt have a 1000 generators, i doubt even stargate command has that amount either, and even if they did, theyd need a power generation room and enough equipment to hook up a 1000 generators, that is when it borderlines ridiculus and just plain pointless, because if all 1000 generators run out or one overloads, they would need to locate the 1 generator thats about to explode out of a 1000, and well you get the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
                      What are you smokin'?

Excuse me? I am pretty sure that Carter says that the equivalent amount of power of a naquadah generator is equal to a couple hundred nuclear power plants when they first get the device. The writers apparently just like to keep building things up and up over time in order to make them sound cool, then we get the whole turning the lights on in this part of the city equals we die.

Comment

Excuse me? I am pretty sure that Carter says that the equivalent amount of power of a naquadah generator is equal to a couple hundred nuclear power plants when they first get the device.
                        Um I do not recall that at all

Comment

then we get the whole turning the lights on in this part of the city equals we die.
                          No not at all

if you noticed the team was slowly moving outwards from the main control room to other areas of the city, doing so was using up what power that was left inside the ZPMS themselves, since Atlantis was beneath the ocean it required massives amounts of energy to keep the power going and in turn insure the sheild was functional

Since the teams arrival and exploration used up what power the city had left, well you get the picture

i really dont recall whenever or not they actually hooked a generator up to atlantis whilst it was submerged

even if they did it wouldnt of helped much as any power would of gone to the sheilds anyway and powering something as large as a city ship shield is bound to be something a naq gen cant do

Comment

Using up what power though? When they spread throughout the city they are turning on lights and the air conditioning. Is that really enough to drain the shields which I believe they stated would go another 200 years if they didn't arrive?

Comment

because rodney specifically said to ford in the siege pt 1 that the defense systems of atlantis were designed to use the ZPM not a naq gen. id say scower the data base for any experimentation on naquadah and see if they made naquadriah. if they did make naquadriah their superior intelect and time they had to experiment could have devised a way to compensate for the instablility. the ancients used naquadah alot in the MW, and maybe the PG has some too if their stargate is made from naquadah.
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X