Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Dilemma - Regarding Hive Ships (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't even think of that. That is a rather interesting point that certainly deserves some on screen attention.

Comment

Robert Rogers - Great thread topic! I had never thought of it in those terms either, but you do raise a valid point. If they blow the hive ship, they kill innocent people. I can understand that there is little choice at times, but it is a fascinating concept, and some of the ideas you guys have come up with would make an excellent ep!

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman
      But what purpose would that serve. Sure wed be saving lives but while we could have been beaming a nuke onboard the wraith could changed the jamming codes and block us from beaming a nuke onboard and we would have wasted our time being out people instead of destroying the wraith.
      I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your comment here- but surely you're not suggesting that we nuke the hive ship instead of saving innocent people because it is quicker and easier? That's a bit harsh.
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

you have to consider some are wraith worshipers they would not leave or will betray the rescue team and to beam over a 1000 people the deadalus cant handle that it only takes 300-400 people.

also another thing when they turn the wraith into human,how would they know if its wraith or a normal human?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
          you have to consider some are wraith worshipers they would not leave or will betray the rescue team and to beam over a 1000 people the deadalus cant handle that it only takes 300-400 people.

also another thing when they turn the wraith into human,how would they know if its wraith or a normal human?
          I haven't seen the wraith worshiper episodes. But I remember some episodes of sg1 where the humans were shown that the gou-ald are not gods. After that they rebelled.

Why doesn't the deadalus try to beam at least a few over? I know at close range they can distinquish wraith life signs from human.

As far as distinquinshing between wraith and human after the retrovirus, I think beckett could easily devise a blood test that would determine who's who. I bet the upcomming episode might answer some of these questions.

Comment

considering that if we dont destroy the hive ship they will die (horribly and excruciatingly painfully) and if we do they would all suffer the same fate as they were going to before. but it would be alot faster and probably painless.

but with the gas we can probably get the wraith out, sieze a hive ship and free the humans, a win win win situation.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Rogers

Why doesn't the deadalus try to beam at least a few over? I know at close range they can distinquish wraith life signs from human.
              Who do we beam over? And why do some get rescued while others get blown up/fed upon? What makes them better?

It's very complicated, and definatetly not something to be discussed in the heat of battle.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                It's very complicated, and definatetly not something to be discussed in the heat of battle.
                Yes, in the heat of battle there is no time for philosophical debate.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                  Who do we beam over? And why do some get rescued while others get blown up/fed upon? What makes them better?

I'm assuming of course that they would come up with a plan to try to save a few before they go into the "heat of battle". Given the opportunity, excute the plan and save as many as they can.

Even if the plan was "we can do nothing to save the humans, destroy the hive ship at all costs, not matter what the sacrifice". I would go along with it.

But that's my point, there is never a plan that includes the rescue human factor. It's always, how do we destroy the hive ship before it gets here? No discussion or arguement about the innocent humans that are onboard.

Just seems like this should come up whatever they decide. Just one episode where they understand the true cost of winning over the wraith. That they may have to kill millions of innocent people along the way.

Comment

In a think its reunion where Sheppard actually looks at the people who are cocooned and says we cant help them. I know they have said it a few times cos they just dont have the means to save them.Heavens knows how many people there would be aswell as, as we have seen in other episods that some of them could actually be wraith worshippers.

The training that they receive in the armed forces (as mentioned by Sheppard in episode letters from pegasus ) is to know who they can and can't save.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X