Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not getting into a big thing or anything but correct me if im wrong.

if his dna wasnt altered then why does he have a huge eye now?

Comment

and also im not saying hes wraithy now all i was meaning was that the retrovirus is a wraith chemical so the when the retrovirus is put into action it would maybe eliminate the enzyme from the body

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
        not getting into a big thing or anything but correct me if im wrong.

if his dna wasnt altered then why does he have a huge eye now?
        he had a wraith's hand stuck to that side of his face and was in an explosion that left him in the ocean for hours. No DNA alterations.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
        hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
        Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
        OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

the retro virus would have the same affect on him as it did on sheppard as he is human and not genetically engineered,the big eye thing is probably just a side affect of teh wraith keeping him alive for so long

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
            didnt he die in the hive or maybe the writers will maraclously bring him back

but it unlikely since ford would be busy getting enzeme to notice the hive being blown up.
            It was hinted at (by Sheppard) at the end of that ep that
            Spoiler:
            it wouldn't be the last time we'd see him, i.e., he'll be back. I for one hope he comes back to to tie up the loose ends for the character. Will he come to see reason and get off the enzyme or will he stay crazy on the enzyme?

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Originally posted by pavaneofstars
              It was hinted at (by Sheppard) at the end of that ep that
              Spoiler:
              it wouldn't be the last time we'd see him, i.e., he'll be back. I for one hope he comes back to to tie up the loose ends for the character. Will he come to see reason and get off the enzyme or will he stay crazy on the enzyme?
              Spoiler:
              I for one just want him back. I think things would be better if they got him off of the enzyme and made him part of Sheps team (no getting rid of Ronon, just making a 5 man team ike on SG1). No matter how they bring him back...he's hot either way

Spoiler:

hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
              OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Ford has not been genetically altered, he's just addicted to the enzyme. The retrovirus would have no effect on him.
                Ford has been genetically altered. Look at his eye. He just hasnt been turned into a wraith. The retrovirus wouldnt have an effect on him but he still has been genetically altered. His body is dependent on the enzyme.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                  Ford has been genetically altered. Look at his eye. He just hasnt been turned into a wraith. The retrovirus wouldnt have an effect on him but he still has been genetically altered. His body is dependent on the enzyme.
                  He had a wraith begin to feed on that side of his face, went through an explosion, and was in the ocean for hours.I imagine that would have something to do with his appearance. the eye thing could also be a side effect of his overdosing on the enzyme. I dont think he was altered. Like any other drug, I think it would have its side effects. People become dependent on real drugs and are not "genetically altered", I just think he is a junkie who needs to go through rehab. ( I agree though, the retrovirus wouldnt do anything to him, he isnt a wraith)

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

The enzyme isnt a drug. Its used like a drug but it isnt one.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper
                      The enzyme isnt a drug. Its used like a drug but it isnt one.
                      It isnt originally a drug, yes. Think about other drugs though, they didnt start out as drugs. Marijuana was a plant until someone discovered that you could put it in a hookah and have yourself a time . Steroids are made by the body (much like the enzyme) but someone discovered that if you take extra you get really strong and big. No the enzyme isnt a drug, but neither were real life ones until they began to be used as them.

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

we'll

Spoiler:
                        SG1 is getting a 5th member

why cant Sheppard's team?

i would love to have ronan and ford

we can have our cake and eat it too

Anyone who gives me green is sexy, wanna be sexy? Give me Green! Woopie!

CLICK THE PIC!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Gambit
                          we'll

Spoiler:
                          SG1 is getting a 5th member

why cant Sheppard's team?

i would love to have ronan and ford

we can have our cake and eat it too

That is actually what I think would be the best option. Who says they cant, right?

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

I would have to disagree that Ford is still completely human--the physical changes (not to mention the changes in strength, etc) are enough to make me believe that some sort of DNA alteration from the enzyme has taken place. Consider that if the Wraith produce the enzyme in their body and he keeps injecting it he might become more Wraith-like. Correct me if I'm wrong, but how the enzyme works is still a mystery, right? Perhaps the retrovirus wouldn't restore him completely, but I would think it would have an effect on his system, maybe not ending his addiction, but perhaps restoring his body to it's human pysiology. The rest he would have to deal with on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by flashphile
                              I would have to disagree that Ford is still completely human--the physical changes (not to mention the changes in strength, etc) are enough to make me believe that some sort of DNA alteration from the enzyme has taken place. Consider that if the Wraith produce the enzyme in their body and he keeps injecting it he might become more Wraith-like. Correct me if I'm wrong, but how the enzyme works is still a mystery, right? Perhaps the retrovirus wouldn't restore him completely, but I would think it would have an effect on his system, maybe not ending his addiction, but perhaps restoring his body to it's human pysiology. The rest he would have to deal with on his own.
                              steroids make a person stronger too and have physical side effects, but those who take it are definitely still human. When Ford starts feeding on people like a wraith is when I will think "OK, maybe he isn't human anymore". The enzyme doesnt work like a reverse retrovirus. If he isnt human then you are saying all of his "Lost Boys" are not either, and they look pretty human to me.

Spoiler:

- RSF

Comment

Working...
                              X