No announcement yet.

Jonas Quinn on Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True.. Rod does know Jonas, but would he get on better with him than Ronon..??

Comment

Jonas shouldn't be on Atlantis, especially now since Sam and Teal'c will be there already. Atlantis with sg1 characters is changing Atlantis completely. Then why not call Atlantis "Atlantis SG1" or something?

I really liked Jonas but compared to Daniel, he is a novice. The only person who has the ability to do this job is Dr. Daniel Jackson and not some guy who used Daniel's study entries, if you know what I mean.

Sorry people but Jonas should never be in the Pegasus Galaxy.
      sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
      Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Says you.

Some of your reasonings are sound, but let's face it: TPTB can bring over ANYONE they want regardless of how irrational it is or how ill-suited the character would be or how topheavy with SG-1 it would make the show; if they want to do it, they will. It's that if the want it that's key, though, and TPTB have taken steps to imply that Jonas is dead (or otherwise permanently taken out of play) without ever actually saying he's dead. I think they consider that chapter of SG-1 closed. Permanently.

There are a few other characters who'll never be seen again, either, for one reason or another. According to Joe's blog, Sora is one of those people. Which is a pity since Atlantis is (IMO) lacking in good recurring characters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Says you.
          Yep;-)

I think they consider that chapter of SG-1 closed. Permanently.
          Hopefully, I think Atlantis should stay Atlantis with those actors, it would be strage if sg1 characters would appear often.

There are a few other characters who'll never be seen again, either, for one reason or another. According to Joe's blog, Sora is one of those people. Which is a pity since Atlantis is (IMO) lacking in good recurring characters.
          Pity they killed Colm Meaney's bad guy character. He was amazing. Or maybe Michael (Connor T.) as enemy to fulfill my longing for star trek *lol*
          sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
          Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
            Hopefully, I think Atlantis should stay Atlantis with those actors, it would be strange if sg1 characters would appear often.
            Have you been keeping up with the spoilers? TPTB have no intention of allowing Atlantis to be Atlantis- its main purpose now is to forward SG-1 characters and plotlines. The Replicators are the main bad guy, Sam is going to be a main character, Teal'c is going to be visiting (I mean, really, Teal'c?!) and rumors are running rampant in other sectors as well. If Atlantis isn't used to whore "introduce" the upcoming movies, I'll be very shocked. Jonas may be a footnote in SG-1's history but if TPTB aren't careful Atlantis could become a footnote in its own history.

Comment

Whilst I love (he is my favourite character from Stargate SG-1! *lol* ) & would love to see him on Atlantis, I do agree that is probably better suited to a more perminant position on Atlantis, or @ least more trips there to study the Ancient database (considering he is the reigning expert on the Ancients & all things Ancienty [to qoute ]).

Spoiler:
              Insofar as we're aware in SG-1 cannon, Jonas' homeworld of Langara - along with Hebridan - has fallen to the Orii during Season 10's 'Counter Strike'. Whether or not he, Warrick the Serrakin, or any others have survived during the conquest of those planets has never been established in cannon, but we can still hope & dream.

As for never being in the Pegasus Galaxy, that remains to be seen. He bought a fresh prospective & an air of child-like wonder & mystery to Sg-1 & was a vibrant & unique character, IMHO, & still is deserving of our respect & admiration - as all the characters/actors on STARGATE are (even ones like whom we love to hate! ) - for the contriubtions, however small, he has made to SG-1, the SGC & the greater STARGATE universe as a whole.

Comment

Except he went back to Langara which fell to the Ori last year.

I doubt he's alive. I definitely see his planet's leaders capitulating to the Ori, but I don't see Jonas ever worshipping the Ori.

Comment

Compared to the other SG-1 stars, I think Jonas would fit in best w/ Atlantis. IMO Jonas was a great character, and was unfairly treated.

IMO: Best Lead Characters in SG (no particular order):

W/
                  & Fraiser just beneath
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Someone asked Joe if we'd see Jonas again. His reply was "On Atlantis- unlikely." So that settles that question, anyway. And I don't think he was implying that Jonas might show up in one of the movies, either, I think he was just trying to emphasize the fact that SG-1 is over so asking questions about SG-1 character/story arcs (someone earlier also asked about the Aschen) is kinda pointless.

Comment

And I don't think he was implying that Jonas might show up in one of the movies, either,
                      Yep:

Itsaysgateheadonmyuniform writes: “ 1.You've said it's unlikely to see Jonas on Atlantis; what about an SG1 movie? 2. Will we be seeing Walter or Siler in season 4 of Atlantis? 3. Any plans for a ship based episode this year?”

Answers: 1. Again, unlikely. 2. Unlikely. 3. No plans as of yet but the ships will come into play over the course of the fourth season.

Comment

As long as the first round of movies sell well, I think anything is possible.

From what I gather, the main reason fans didn't take to Jonas was that he wasn't Daniel Jackson.

I'm still not clear on why TPTB are so anti-Jonas..

But I would love to see one of the movies be about the aftermath of the Ori incursion on the Milkyway galaxy.

After the ori are defeated, what will happen to all the planets that fell under Ori rule? Since Langara is such a planet, it could be an interesting story to see how Langara rebuilds.

I could see the story being something to the effect that the ori invasion of Langara finaly gave the langarans something to unite behind and come together. As a twist to the story, the Ashen could show up, promising to help restore Langara after the Ori are gone. Sg1 gets wind of this and shows up to stop the Langarans from falling for the Ashen's evil trickery. Then Jonas, with SG1's help finaly defeat the ashen once and for all. After all is said and done, Jonas becomes the first Prime Minister of the newly formed Langaran Alliance.

This way we could get a little closure on Jonas' character, along with the end of the ashen..

Comment

didnt his planet fall to the ori???
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            didnt his planet fall to the ori???
                            I'm not sure if that comment is directed at my post above.. if it is then yes, it did, which is what I said...
                            Originally posted by upinout View Post

But I would love to see one of the movies be about the aftermath of the Ori incursion on the Milkyway galaxy.

After the ori are defeated, what will happen to all the planets that fell under Ori rule? Since Langara is such a planet, it could be an interesting story to see how Langara rebuilds.

I could see the story being something to the effect that the ori invasion of Langara finaly gave the langarans something to unite behind and come together. As a twist to the story, the Ashen could show up, promising to help restore Langara after the Ori are gone. Sg1 gets wind of this and shows up to stop the Langarans from falling for the Ashen's evil trickery. Then Jonas, with SG1's help finaly defeat the ashen once and for all. After all is said and done, Jonas becomes the first Prime Minister of the newly formed Langaran Alliance.

This way we could get a little closure on Jonas' character, along with the end of the ashen..

Comment

i think that atlantis should worry more about keeping at least SOME of it's cast members instead of bringing in new ones no matter how much people want them jonas would just have no real reason to go to atlantis from what i can see
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                                I'm still not clear on why TPTB are so anti-Jonas..
                                I think it has something to do with them writing Jonas & Jackson so similarly. Probably the same reason we'll never see an ep that has Jack, Cam, and Shepp go alone on a mission together .

: That idea's crazy! I like crazy.
                                : I LOVE crazy!
                                : I LIVE FOR CRAZY!

: I live for the Simpsons.
                                : I love the Simpsons!
                                : I brought the box set to Atlantis!

: Well, I also liked sleeping with the beautiful alien women on my first few missions, but for the next couple of years I seemed to have turned into a monk.
                                : Me too.
                                : Same here.

: I guess I was too caught up hiding my feelings about my science officer.
                                : Me too, but I don't think I ever had a chance....
                                : That's a shame, I get the feeling my science officer shares my feelings.

I don't see that as a problem though, since Michael and Corrin played the "bleeding heart mythology expert" so differently. They also interacted quite well in his last 2 appearances.
                                Last edited by Ripple in Space; 30 March 2007, 08:44 AM.
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X