Jonas Quinn on Atlantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonas Quinn on Atlantis

I really think Jonas should join Atlantis, as a guest part. he was a good character, he just wasn't Daniel. Atlantis doesn't really a someone who speaks fluent Ancient like Daniel, Weir can read it a little bit but we need someone better.This would be a good way to bring a good character back to the universe.
    sigpic

I second that motion, in fact I'm a little dissapointed right now as I thought this might be an announcement that he is joining Atlantis! IMO the team needs someone apart from Dr Weir who can translate...plus it would be cool to see his enthusiasm go up against Rodney's cynicism + sarcasm!
    Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

it would be nice....but the odds are greater that i'l move to canada and join the cast

sorry, tptb have made it pretty clear that jonas will never be on the show again....no matter how great a lot of folks would find it
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There are already several threads discussing the possibility of Jonas in Atlantis. And even more about why Jonas left and if we'll ever see him again. I think the consensus is that whether we as individuals like it or not, Jonas will never set foot on either show again.

Jonas deserves being on the Atlantis team

Jonas Quinn, gone for good?

Do we want Jonas back?

Also, while it may not be your intention, your thread title is very misleading and makes it sound as if Jonas IS joining Atlantis. You may want to think about that...

Comment

ya i should have made that clearer, my bad
          sigpic

Comment

Never going to happen, TPTB have spoken, sadly
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I'd love for Jonas to join Atlantis, but it isn't going to happen, even though most folks I know would like to see him back
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neill4prez
                ya i should have made that clearer, my bad
                Yeah, we all make mistakes
                Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                The Strongest Will Survive!
                I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

jonas should be the Daniel of atlantis that way weir doesn't have to go off world and we won't have to see her so much less weir the better
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I agree Jonas was a good character, but don't expect to see him anytime soon. One of the producers or writers said in a recent interview, I think was Mallozi, said Jonas is pretty much out of the Stargate universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      sorry, tptb have made it pretty clear that jonas will never be on the show again....no matter how great a lot of folks would find it
                      I think they're just saying that to piss off all the fans, and it's working.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                        I think they're just saying that to piss off all the fans, and it's working.
                        Martin Gero said at the Stargate convention that Jonas wasn't going to be on Stargate again, if any would know if Jonas was going to be on Atlantis he would
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                          Martin Gero said at the Stargate convention that Jonas wasn't going to be on Stargate again, if any would know if Jonas was going to be on Atlantis he would
                          Actually he said "Don't expect Jonas Quinn to appear on SG-1 again" iirc Gero is primarily an Atlantis writer... so there's hope for the character.

Comment

I can understand the whole "keep hope alive" thing and believe me, as a huge fan of Jonas, I would love nothing more than to believe we might see him again, but reality has been speaking loud and obvious words to the contrary for three years and counting. You can mince meanings and twist words all you want, but I sincerely doubt that Corin will EVER set foot on either set again. Unless something non-Stargate is being filmed there. I wish it could be different, I wish whatever happened hadn't happened, but even the producers have now moved beyond the evasive "if the right story comes along" lies and flat out said, "No, he's never coming back." That's pretty final in my book, and whether they specify SG-1 or not, I take it to mean ALL of Stargate past, present, and future. *shrug*

Comment

could just kill daniel again
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X