Swap Teyla for Cadman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap Teyla for Cadman?

Now I love Teyla, don't get me wrong but it seems like they're setting up for her to leave and join her people. Cadman could bring back that young, military dynamic that Ford left.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Cadman has more "oompf" in her personality than Teyla (and I find her more attractive), and with Ronon on the team we really don't need two alien warriors.

I wouldn't mind it if Teyla went to stay with the Athosians and became recurring. She's never been one of my favorites anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Now I love Teyla, don't get me wrong but it seems like they're setting up for her to leave and join her people. Cadman could bring back that young, military dynamic that Ford left.

hmm that sounds like a good idea. Obviously Shep's team isn't SG-1 so having different member change would be reasonable. Besides we already have Ronon the cliche alien of the group and teyla is kinda boring. I wouldn't mind the sg-1 team formula btw

2 earth military Shep and Cadman

1 scientist/ non military like Daniel Jackson ofcourse he was a archeologist. Rodney

1 the alien of the group Ronon
      the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        it seems like they're setting up for her to leave and join her people
        Does it?
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

You're kidding, right????? Just what we need..another human, bland blonde. Sorry, but Teyla is growing on me (and not like a fungus). She is a strong, unconventional female lead and I like her character. Cadman......fine as a secondary.....but a lead, sorry, but I just don't see it. Besides, it would freak Rodney out.
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
            Besides, it would freak Rodney out.
            Instead of saving everyone he would be trying to get on her
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

I found Cadman's personality far too annoying and cheesy, I would actually like to see less of her. I think Teyla's character just needs a bit more developing and Ronon needs to learn to chat more, he's so serious and quiet. I don't remember him saying one joke since joining the team.
              Last edited by Dr Weir; 26 January 2006, 12:06 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                You're kidding, right????? Just what we need..another human, bland blonde.

i hope your not implying samantha carter
                the good ole days of sg-1

Comment

I can't say I agree with this idea. I admit I didn't care much for Teyla at first, but I find I like her character a great deal now. She's become much more interesting for me.

Cadman was entertaining in Duet. However, I can't say she did anything for me in Critical Mass. For some reason her appearance felt contrived. I also found her slightly annoying as well. I wouldn't mind seeing her a recurring role if they can work her into the show smoothly. But I'd rather not see her replace Teyla. I feel like Teyla is just starting to get some nice development as a character.

Comment

NEVER...as if you can't tell Teyla is my favorite character...I like Cadman but I like the team the way it is now more...

And how is it set up that she's going back to the Athosians?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1
                      i hope your not implying samantha carter

NEVER!!!!!!!! Samantha is far from a bland blonde.......she is a brilliant, insightful, fantastic person, and an integral part of the team in SG1.

Sorry.....bad remark on my part.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

No..no and again no...Why?...I liked Cadman, she was great in 'Duet', but in 'Critical Mass' I didn't see anything of what we saw in 'Duet'....If she becomes part of Sheppard's team it would completely throw off the team dynamics that is so great now.

And i can't see what they've done to set it up so she leaves.

R.I.P Wraithlord
                        Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

In a word:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Besides, McKay and Cadman would always end up arguing. And not it the good way.
                          * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

That's a good idea, Teyla is a very empty character. Cadman has a good sense of humor. And atleast she will be safe from Sheppard's kirking.

Comment

I would love to see Cadman as more than a guest star but I don't think that Teyla should be replaced by her.

Comment

Working...
                              X