No announcement yet.

Inferno (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a really awesome episode ! I really enjoyed the show. There was a lot of action in it.
    Lord Zedd

Comment

Yes, this episode did have great action. Setting the episode in the caldera of a supervolcano-- Wow!

Comment

I am a huge SGA fan and I usually feel the need to defend every episode. I can even say good things about The Tower. But I had several HUGE complaints with Inferno.

Whoever coined "Space Barbie"- touche I am not a big women's libber, but please, did she not send women back to the dark ages in this ep? Oooh please, strong, handsome, brilliant doctor, can I work under you? Oooh please, strong, handsome, soldier man with big gun, can you cover my head from falling objects because something really big and heavy has already struck me rendering me pathetic!?! All I can do is follow men around and stare at them in wide-eyed wonder. I am this civilization's head scientist you say? Oooh, but what is that beeping noise? Gasp- I've caused the planet to explode? Where is the man to tell me what to do?!? For shame Carl Binder. Atlantis has wonderful, strong, beautiful women (Weir, Teyla, and Cadman, etc.) do not be so disrespectful of guest stars. Could she not have been beautiful and smart? It would have been funnier had we seen her laugh at the boys' silly antics while trying to get her attention. Sheppard even looked a little lecherous while staring at her.

And the volcanoe exploding because the people siphoned off too much energy? Okay, but weak. I understand this is science fiction, but a little more science when it comes to geothermal energy which is in fact science and not fiction.

Finally- Sheppard, McKay, and Beckett did not ask Caldwell immediately if he had Ronon and Teyla on board? Way to worry about your friends guys.

A lot of good things about the episode: got a new ship, special effects, much of the dialogue, etc., but it is the year 2006. Can we please leave the dumb blond steroetype in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity228
          A lot of good things about the episode: got a new ship, special effects, much of the dialogue, etc., but it is the year 2006. Can we please leave the dumb blond steroetype in the past?
          This COULD have been a very good episode, if they had left "scientist Barbie" completely out of it. As it stands, I can't even stomach the reruns.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity228

I agree, but really, do you think we've left the "dumb blonde" age behind? If so, how would you explain Jessica Simsons and Paris Hilton?

Comment

This ep was easily the best in season 2 for me. I know nothin happened in terms of confrontations with the Wraith, but I was so shocked at how much I loved this ep.
              It had a girl, super-volcano, ancient warship, and a lotta tense moments - Yayy to the gate gettin swallowed up by the lava!

They must've got the inspiration from some 'End of the World' documentries, I love those.
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. (Just got round to watching it on the DVD; can't wait to watch it again! But one thing I won't be doing is watching it with the commentary since it is Peter DeLuise and Gary Jones.)

Mainly because there is plenty of Rodney in it, after his almost total absence from "Michael". And plenty of Shep / Rodney interaction. I particularly like it because it appears to be one of those stand-alone episodes, but they get an Ancient ship out of it. (Well, on loan anyway.) And it was good to see Caldwell and Hermiod again. And Zelenka, though I could have done with him being in it more, not just reprising a moment from season 1! I really didn't mind the fact that the whole plot was so predictable.

But, I was left with a few questions:
                - Do any or all of the Teranians have the Ancient gene? (I'm sure I've got the name wrong, but you know what I mean.) If they don't, then it's not really surprising they didn't get very far with trying to make the ship work, but if they do, you would have thought it would have been mentioned. (And if they don't, how did they get the shield to work?)
                - What powers the "Orion"? A ZPM? Or what?
                - I know this has been mentioned before, but the Teranians are going to be settled on a "safe" planet? What about the Wraith? Or are they going to be sent to the Milky Way??
                - Again, this has been mentioned before, but the Daedalus could have evacuated them all to any nearby planet as a start, or perhaps Atlantis could have lent them the ZPM to use to go back and forth to Teranis.
                - And why didn't they take any extra scientists to help Rodney? Teyla and Ronon really seemed to be spare parts, and it was so obvious that the Daedalus would beam them up, so I'm afraid I didn't really worry about them. It's about time that the team got split up in different pairings; Teyla and Ronon nearly always seem to end up together with nothing very important to do.
                Please... leave the touching to the experts.

Comment

I really didn't like John and Rodney both wanting the girl, I think it bought out the worst in John. I didn't like him when he was trying to imprass the girl. And it's not like I don't enjoy his Kirking either; it's just it didn't work for me in this episode.

Rodney was funny in this episode; I loved the figure nail injury lol. That does hurt a lot lol DH does fear so well.

I liked Rodney crazy plan, Loved when the ship came out of hypersapce. Great scene
                  Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, but was bugged by a few things as well.

It almost seems like it should have been a 2 parter, everything was very rushed, especially the change of heart of the Teranian leader, it just seemed weird to me. I also didn't particularly care for the convience of it blowing up right when they get there. It would have worked better if they had been there briefly before and were then called in for help in another episode I think.
                    Finally, it almost seems like it was not a big deal for them to get the ship, I mean, you'd think they would be ecstatic, but I guess it was too close to the end of the season to really deal with that. And as mentioned before, the beaming stuff just makes the suspense disappear, granted you always know your heros are probably going to make it out OK, but how are you supposed to care for Teyla and Ronan when you know they are just gonna be zapped up? (granted I have come to accept the downright silly way Mckay can fix anything with a computer in a matter of minutes and Becket can create cures of unknown disease in the same amount of time, but for somereason beaming always bugs me)

Also, why didn't they just beam people to a different part of the planet where they would be able to take there time getting them evacuated (a week instead of a few hours)?

All in all though, I loved Carson's line at the end. "it worked" It was just so understated it was great.
                    Last edited by Randy_Watson; 16 March 2007, 05:43 AM.

Comment

to be honest, i didn't really think too much about the dumb blonde, although i liked that rodney was fianlly getting some attention. it annoyed me that shep was trying for it too. isn't there an agreement between guys; not to go after the girl your friend likes?

rodney's complaints were humourous, and it's so cool we got a ship. would have been nicer if there was something for teyla and ronan to do

still, very good one liners to come out of this
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

^ Agreed! I loved the ep, good story, great CGI, good writing, etc. I loved Mckay in this ep. He such fun when he ccomplains, which is ALL THE TIME! lol

The one thing I didnt like was Shep! I hate it when hes like that!
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                          to be honest, i didn't really think too much about the dumb blonde, although i liked that rodney was fianlly getting some attention. it annoyed me that shep was trying for it too. isn't there an agreement between guys; not to go after the girl your friend likes?

rodney's complaints were humourous, and it's so cool we got a ship. would have been nicer if there was something for teyla and ronan to do

still, very good one liners to come out of this
                          Ahhh, the blonde.....yet another young hot blone scientist.....*sigh* It's becoming the un-stereotype of stereotypes.

LOVE the Orion- I presume it will have a role in future seasons (I hope). And tehre were some great lines in this one, all-in-all a fun ep with just a few annoyances.

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                          ^ Agreed! I loved the ep, good story, great CGI, good writing, etc. I loved Mckay in this ep. He such fun when he ccomplains, which is ALL THE TIME! lol

The one thing I didnt like was Shep! I hate it when hes like that!
                          Shep was a jerk, and I absolutely hate it when he starts hitting on every. single. girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Ahhh, the blonde.....yet another young hot blone scientist.....*sigh* It's becoming the un-stereotype of stereotypes.
                            Agreed. It does seem like the blonds are getting a heck of a lot of love, when it comes to being smart scientists.... what about the brunetts, or redheads!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Agreed. It does seem like the blonds are getting a heck of a lot of love, when it comes to being smart scientists.... what about the brunetts, or redheads!!!
                              I don't understand why we can't ever see an upper middle-aged woman (50+) in an important guest role, that is otherwise ALWAYS occupied by the hot young blonde. Or do scientists stop being scientists when they reach 35? Honestly, I'd rather see how Mckay and Shep, etc. interact with a female guest, no "sexual tension" or attraction involved.

Comment

I think this is a really fun episode. And woohoo for the Orion.
                                Everyone had a part in Inferno. We got good doses of Weir and Beckett and Caldwell. We even got a bit of Zelenka. And let's not forget Hermiod.

We had Teyla and Ronan contemplating death. And Ronan wasn't out to slaughter anyone this time around!
                                And the McKay/Sheppard banter was back in full force. Smitten(or pathetic) Rodney is sooo cute.

I love how the women on these planets always wear the most practical clothing ....better to enhance their assets, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X