Grace Under Pressure (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midweek...another ep of Atlantis...

1. I forgot how long it took to intro 'Sam'.

2. Before that we had Rodney go nuts from hypoxia!

3. Possibly the most under pressure we've seen Zelenka so far.

Solid effort still.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

My LiveJournal post

Grace, huh? Well, let's see... Talking to yourself and an inanimate Puddle Jumper. Trying to get it on with your own hallucination. Occasionally still putting down one of the people who ends up saving your life... again! Now that's what I call grace! (Not!)

Really though, I did actually enjoy this episode quite a lot, all things considered.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Grace from SG1 was a terrible episode and this rehash is just as bad. Its boring to have McKay stuck in the back of a Jumper. Most of all because its McKay. He is so overused that the last thing I want to see is him hallucinating in a drowned Jumper. Its the point of haven't we seen enough of him. It would be more interesting to see another underused character hallucinate in the Jumper. Like what crazy hallucinations can Beckett come up with or what is on Teyla's mind? But to make it McKay justs seems lazy. Top on that this episodes of talking to one's self is boring. Their is only a weak plot with almost no action. It makes me wonder what is the point? The only interesting part was Sheppherd and Zelenka on Atlantis. Sheppherd to show the kind engineering skills he has and just how smart he is. I know they make fun of his MENSA test but it is interesting the creative ideas he came up with. I liked Zelenka just to see him face his fears a little.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

And I completely agree with Jelgate, although I think it's an unpopular opinion. Another McKay centric episode with bonus Carter in a bra, bleh. Oh well, not one I rewatch but good for those who are primarily Rodney fans. I love the guy, but enough is enough.
          sigpic

Comment

I have to wonder why Amanda Tapping agreed to do this eisode with her stripping down to her bra. She was so very adamant during the first year that she not appear in skimpy clothes and actually refused to wear something skimpy the directors and producers wanted her to wear, and pretty much wound up in tears over the whole issue. Now, here we are 8 years later, and she's stripping down to her bra for the episode. Apparently she changed her mind about such things during those 8 years.

Comment

Perhaps because, by this point, her character was already established and taken seriously. That would have been undermined by appearing in skimpy outfits in the early years of SG-1. Maybe AT's objection was to that type of poor characterisation. Grace Under Pressure gets a pass on that since it's not actually Carter, it's McKay's fantasy.
              Last edited by Britta; 28 May 2014, 11:40 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I have to wonder why Amanda Tapping agreed to do this eisode with her stripping down to her bra. She was so very adamant during the first year that she not appear in skimpy clothes and actually refused to wear something skimpy the directors and producers wanted her to wear, and pretty much wound up in tears over the whole issue. Now, here we are 8 years later, and she's stripping down to her bra for the episode. Apparently she changed her mind about such things during those 8 years.
                I'm probably going to get flamed for this one. The answer is most likely money. Especially since she was gone for those 5 episodes SG1.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Character wise, it does seem "appropriate" for Rodney's fantasy Carter. And Amanda isn't a super shy flower. I think she objected to those original costumes for character integrity. *waits for someone to mention those flag photos.....*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I'm probably going to get flamed for this one. The answer is most likely money. Especially since she was gone for those 5 episodes SG1.
                    Are you saying they paid Amanda to do that? Personally, I don't think so. She certainly didn't need the money at that point. Now, if she was getting paid for something charity related, then I might be able to see her doing it.

Comment

She didn't appear on the episode for free.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

She didn't appear on the episode for free.
                        Well, of course not. She likely got paid her normal amount for appearing in any episode. I thought from your comment you were saying they offered her MORE money to appear in her bra.

Comment

I was saying she did the episode for money. She is only an actress of a cable show. Its not like she is a high paying actress.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I was saying she did the episode for money. She is only an actress of a cable show. Its not like she is a high paying actress.
                            Given what I've read about Amanda, she would never compromise her principles for money. Yes, she got paid for the episode she was in, but having been involved with SG1 from day one, even if she isn't a highly paid actress, by Season 9 or 10 of SG1, she didn't have to do anything for money. By then, I'm sure she had accumulated enough money that she wouldn't have had to work at all for awhile if she didn't want to. Plus, she had enough money accumulated that she footed part of the costs of producing Sanctuary herself. To me that means she didn't have to do anything just for the sake of getting paid.

And from Season 6 onward, she wasn't an "actress of a cable show" anymore. She was on a network show, and likely got paid a bit more by then.

Comment

That sounds like a fanboy/fangirl response to me. Everyone has a price. I'm not saying she did but its always a possibility. Actors/actresses know they can go a long time without work

Um SciFi is a cable network.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Perhaps in her earlier years she was a little shy of having any of those issues crop up (stripping down) but by the time of GuP, had loosened up.

Comment

Working...
                                X