Critical Mass (213)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eccscape
    i thought it was a bit strong too, but it was actually the main vocal that annoyed me. if they'd just had the orchestration and tribal voice(but toned down a bit) without the solo, it would have worked a bit better for me.
    Good idea. That would have been even better. The song was in all ways perfectly awful and completely inappropriate. And JARRING. Rachel might have a good voice (I was too busy grinding my teeth to listen and am not a good judge, anyway) but this was absolutely NOT the place to flex her chords. Wrong, wrong, WRONG. Oooo, I cannot say enough how much I despised that song.

Comment

I forgot. The usage of the song was also so cheesy, so pathetic, so akward.
      School is overrated.

Comment

I liked it. I thought it added to the tention.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

yeah, but also my discontempt towards that particular part of that episode.

When I first heard it I said: O-o something new.
          later: hope this doesn't keep any longer.
          later much too later (IMO): it did, crap.
          much much too later: it was too late, it ruined the episode.

a week later: another painful episode, even more painfull than this one (to my surprise).
          School is overrated.

Comment

Well, if you just listen to the song all the way though there isn't very much singing mostly instruments so it could over lap other scenes. It really isn't that long of a song at all.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

aussies already watching part 2 of season 2?

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                Well, if you just listen to the song all the way though there isn't very much singing mostly instruments so it could over lap other scenes. It really isn't that long of a song at all.
                For me it was.
                Time is relative. Painfull moments last longer.
                School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                  aussies already watching part 2 of season 2?
                  Only with the help of really awesome friends/relatives in Canada who send us tapes

Australia is only up to the end of season one, with no season two on the horizon just yet... *shakes fist at channel 7, who wouldn't recognise a good thing if it jumped through the stargate and bit them on the arse*

-- Cynicatlantis - home of BeanieLantis, and other such silliness --

Comment

I am just writing to compliment the writers and actors on another extraordinary episode, it was awesome
                    How come there are so many people on these forums pointing out the points (in extreeme terms) that they didn't like, why can't people apreciate it for what it is (the negative people speak loud and the positive stay quiet)
                    After all they (cast and crew of Stargate) are doing a far better job than many of us (not all of us) could
                    Again, this is just a curiosity statement, definitely not an insult

I fully understand that everyone is entitled to voice their opinion but not to the point of an insult (I'm not insulted ).

Oh and by the way, I thought Rachel sounded divine and it worked perfectly with the rest of the episode
                    "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
                    "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
                    Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

When they were questioning people to find out if they had were a Goa'uld why didn't they just scan them instead?

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                        When they were questioning people to find out if they had were a Goa'uld why didn't they just scan them instead?
                        i do not think they have/had gould scanners in atlantis. Also the person that
                        Spoiler:
                        helped rewrite the atlantis OS so the ZPM overloaded by bringing the OS
                        may just be working for the gould, without the parasite.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                          i do not think they have/had gould scanners in atlantis. Also the person that
                          Spoiler:
                          helped rewrite the atlantis OS so the ZPM overloaded by bringing the OS
                          may just be working for the gould, without the parasite.
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, it seemed like quite a concerted effort on the part of the Trust, and we know too that many forces that are at their command are extremely intelligent, competent humans. The Trust wanted to shut off one potential threat to their galaxy, that Atlantis, in thei own eyes, provided - the Wraith threat ON TOP OF the Ori must have been too much for them.

It would have been well within their reach to set up something like this - and the fact that they almost succeeded in destroying Atlantis shows that they set this up quite intricately over a long period of time.

I wonder, though, for just how long the Goa'uld operative Caldwell was actually infected by a symbiote...

Capt

Comment

i have a theory,

it is possible that caldwell went back to earth for more supplies and we don't know how he got infested with the goa'uld while on earth. it is possible that trusts took caldwell and infested him with. they knew the Atlantis is a biggest treats to them. thaty why the goa;uld want to destory it or let the wraith get to the new feeding ground : Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Xmen583
                              i have a theory,

it is possible that caldwell went back to earth for more supplies and we don't know how he got infested with the goa'uld while on earth. it is possible that trusts took caldwell and infested him with. they knew the Atlantis is a biggest treats to them. thaty why the goa;uld want to destory it or let the wraith get to the new feeding ground : Earth.
                              Yep well, good call there

Spoiler:
                              ....about Caldwell being infected sometime back on Earth, when he went back on one of his regular round-trips to the MW galaxy and back to Pegasus. He could have been infected from the start, too, but I choose to believe he wasn't

I wouldn't say the dangers posed by Atlantis' continued existance, with the ever-present danger of the Wraith getting back to Earth, is the BIGGEST threat out there to the Trust, with the Ori zippin about the place - but it is one place they can at least have a go at taking out... which they did in Critical Mass, and only just failed in accomplishing their overall goal

Capt

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                                They were all convinced that it was just a regular human whom they were dealing with.

It's towards the begining of the episode when Gen. Landry, Dr.Lee and Agent Barrett are talking.
                                sigpic
                                In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Working...
                                X