No announcement yet.

The Intruder (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Entity, the SGC had assumed that they had been infected with a virus, but it turned out that it was in fact a sentient being sent to destroy them.

However, in this case, we know that the virus was of Wraith origin and I have seen no evidence so far that would back the idea that the Wraith are SO advanced as to be able to create a living entity like that of, well, Entity.

So I don't believe that the virus was sentient as much as I believe it was highly adaptive.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      In Entity, the SGC had assumed that they had been infected with a virus, but it turned out that it was in fact a sentient being sent to destroy them.

However, in this case, we know that the virus was of Wraith origin and I have seen no evidence so far that would back the idea that the Wraith are SO advanced as to be able to create a living entity like that of, well, Entity.

So I don't believe that the virus was sentient as much as I believe it was highly adaptive.

Mckay said the virus had artificial intelligence, but I got the impression from the seige part 3 that the wraith wouldn't be able to come up with something so complex. Maybe it wasn't quite sentient but nearly there or maybe the wraith concentrated efforts on producing this to fight the ancients.
      sigpic

Comment

Got to see this episode again
        Nice music in places, tho too short-lived.

One item I wanted to mention earlier was seeing the nice effects of the solar flares on the sun. Not sure if that was all CGI or superimposed. There were other details radiating from the sun that I missed during the first several viewings, as well.

Details... *details*...!

Comment

Watching that first scene with Weir/Sheppard over late night coffee, hot chocolate, whatever, Something struck me as odd.

Sheppard made the comment of some people never thinking he would make it past captain, and Weir said that those people that's opinions mattered the most thought otherwise.

He went silent for a while, studying her. Then his demeanor changed completely when he asked, "what are you doing up so late." I wonder if he realized she liked him a lot more than she should.

Comment

They're not military so there aren't any regulations getting in between them.

Best Stargate quote:
            Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
            Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
              Watching that first scene with Weir/Sheppard over late night coffee, hot chocolate, whatever, Something struck me as odd.

Sheppard made the comment of some people never thinking he would make it past captain, and Weir said that those people that's opinions mattered the most thought otherwise.

He went silent for a while, studying her. Then his demeanor changed completely when he asked, "what are you doing up so late." I wonder if he realized she liked him a lot more than she should.

I did not see that at all....but it's just because I think he knows that she will do what is necessary to protect her team......she would have done the same if they suggested replacing McKay or Beckett. To me, Shep's look was more just a look of plain realization of what actually happened back at the SGC and that she had a hand in his promotion.

I've not seen any indication from him that he feels Weir likes him more than she should. I think they both care a great deal about each other.....it just tends to show more on Weir's end as he tends to be the one always in trouble. We've seen the looks of genuine concern and the looks of genuine relief in both 'The Storm' and 'The Siege' from Shep where Weir's life was in danger or her position.

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm
                I did not see that at all....but it's just because I think he knows that she will do what is necessary to protect her team......she would have done the same if they suggested replacing McKay or Beckett. To me, Shep's look was more just a look of plain realization of what actually happened back at the SGC and that she had a hand in his promotion.

I've not seen any indication from him that he feels Weir likes him more than she should. I think they both care a great deal about each other.....it just tends to show more on Weir's end as he tends to be the one always in trouble. We've seen the looks of genuine concern and the looks of genuine relief in both 'The Storm' and 'The Siege' from Shep where Weir's life was in danger or her position.
                I'm not sure what relationship TPTB are trying to form. But I get the impression that Weir likes Sheppard a lot more than SHE should. I'm not sure if that feeling is mutual. It's obvious that Sheppard cares for her a great deal, but if it's more than friendship he's not aware of it. He's aware that Weir is the person responsible for his promotion, but that's not why he's so protective of her.

Comment

I'm not sure what relationship TPTB are trying to form. But I get the impression that Weir likes Sheppard a lot more than SHE should. I'm not sure if that feeling is mutual. It's obvious that Sheppard cares for her a great deal, but if it's more than friendship he's not aware of it. He's aware that Weir is the person responsible for his promotion, but that's not why he's so protective of her.
                  I'll just have to agree to disagree

Comment

I definitely get the feeling that Weir is developing feelings for Sheppard (if she hasn't already). I think the scene that really convinced me was the awkward observation made by Caldwell in "Conversion". And (don't hate me Shep/Weir fans), I really don't see Shep reciprocating those feelings at all at this point. Granted he's kind of a closed book sometimes, but the way he interacts with Weir doesn't strike me as a guy falling for her. He's protective of her, sure, but he's protective of everyone under his command. I dunno...I just hope the ship situation doesn't get really complicated.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                      I definitely get the feeling that Weir is developing feelings for Sheppard (if she hasn't already). I think the scene that really convinced me was the awkward observation made by Caldwell in "Conversion". And (don't hate me Shep/Weir fans), I really don't see Shep reciprocating those feelings at all at this point. Granted he's kind of a closed book sometimes, but the way he interacts with Weir doesn't strike me as a guy falling for her. He's protective of her, sure, but he's protective of everyone under his command. I dunno...I just hope the ship situation doesn't get really complicated.

I think we're on the same page here. I think due to the form that both attacks took in "Conversion," he's upstairs is fighting his downstairs as far as Teyla is concerned. Otherwise, he would have shoved her against the wall like he did to Weir. He does tend to flirt with Weir from time to time, and I haven't noticed any type of flirting with Teyla.

Also, on television, my husband always says that no one can be in a happy romantic relationship. There's more angst when it's drawn out. If they do get into the ship, whether it's with Weir or Teyla, they'd get into the situation of Weir not being able to send Sheppard on dangerous missions, and Sheppard not being able to send Teyla on dangerous missions.

Sheppard also realized that Weir probably had 51% of the decision making power when it came to his promotion, and he KNOWS he can't afford to let anything happen to her. Or, he'll be back on Earth flying helicopters in Antartica. But, that's not the only reason he's protective of Weir. I see a strong relationship between the two of them, but I don't see it headed for the bedroom.

Comment

I think we're on the same page here. I think due to the form that both attacks took in "Conversion," he's upstairs is fighting his downstairs as far as Teyla is concerned. Otherwise, he would have shoved her against the wall like he did to Weir. He does tend to flirt with Weir from time to time, and I haven't noticed any type of flirting with Teyla.

Also, on television, my husband always says that no one can be in a happy romantic relationship. There's more angst when it's drawn out. If they do get into the ship, whether it's with Weir or Teyla, they'd get into the situation of Weir not being able to send Sheppard on dangerous missions, and Sheppard not being able to send Teyla on dangerous missions.

Sheppard also realized that Weir probably had 51% of the decision making power when it came to his promotion, and he KNOWS he can't afford to let anything happen to her. Or, he'll be back on Earth flying helicopters in Antartica. But, that's not the only reason he's protective of Weir. I see a strong relationship between the two of them, but I don't see it headed for the bedroom.
                        I'd much rather see Shep and Weir have a strong, trusting, respectful relationship of each other. They clearly are already very close and share the unique perspective of understanding each others' positions on Atlantis. I would love for this friendship NOT to evolve into a 'ship if it can be helped, because I think it would come at the detriment of both characters, but particularly Weir. I don't want to see her become even more of a worry-wart than TPTB seem to be writing her as, because she is a strong, wonderful character if they give her the right material to work with. A 'ship with Shep (alliteration! ) would not be good for her, IMHO.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

I'd much rather see Shep and Weir have a strong, trusting, respectful relationship of each other. They clearly are already very close and share the unique perspective of understanding each others' positions on Atlantis. I would love for this friendship NOT to evolve into a 'ship if it can be helped, because I think it would come at the detriment of both characters, but particularly Weir. I don't want to see her become even more of a worry-wart than TPTB seem to be writing her as, because she is a strong, wonderful character if they give her the right material to work with. A 'ship with Shep (alliteration! ) would not be good for her, IMHO.
                          It wouldn't be too good for Sheppard either. Especially if Caldwell got wind of it.

Comment

I agree that Weir respects Shep as a leader and friend. Having said that, I don't think there's anything amiss if she sees Shep as an appealing male at times. Let's face it: she just got out of a deep relationship with a man who was 180 degrees different. The gal's only human! Additionally, I don't think Shep is immune to the charms of his intelligent if not brilliant comrade; I think he appreciates her position and her person.

For me, both have too much awareness of their duties to act on anything this personal. It appears they are just getting to know one another very fast due to their situation in Atlantis. At least that's how I see the characters as written. As mgbland mentioned, Caldwell's sharp enough to pick up anything that smells/flies/walks or talks like impropriety. A ship for them would gum things up royally. So, I agree with you, SnoggingPicard; let's give it a minute.

But hey, flirt away; this comes as natural to Shep as his Ancient gene abilities. What, the Ancients were flirts?!

Just playin', just sayin'.
                            MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                            sigpic
                            Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

I like this episode more each time I watch it. The X303 scene is fantastic.

Comment

OK...

1. No, still not really buying Shep/Weir ship, maybe Weir overbooted when dealing with the officers at the SGC(the money in my pocket says that Weir won't be able to play THAT card again though) but I've got a bigger problem with Sheppard's promotion only coming up in conversation.

2. Hermiod's muttering is certainly different to the average Asgard.

3. Weir/Simon...hmmm...Simon did get told about Atlantis and he did get told to move on, not dead cert what happened there, interesting to see Teyla having Weir's back when they return to Atlantis.

4. So the sniping between Weir and Caldwell has begun.

5. The dogfight looked cool.

Overall, the writers admitted through McKay that this recycled some SG1 elements, and it felt like a cruise ep after Siege part III but it worked well enough.
                                Last edited by Matt G; 27 October 2005, 01:54 PM.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X