Duet (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was it? In the ep

And it was lockdown, just watched it again.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by gateroom
      How could the director let a slip like this get through.

Dr. Weir called Sheppard by his old rank Major.

At least in "Zero Hour" Dr. Jackson corrected himself right away when he called O'Neill Colonel instead of General in front of the Russian.
      Maybe it wasn't a mistake

Perhaps it was intentional to show Weir wasn't completely comfortable yet with Sheppard's promotion
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
        When was it? In the ep

And it was lockdown, just watched it again.

Your right it was lockdown sorry.

It was when Dr. Wier went to talk to Dex when he was training the Atlantis personal. She said something like Major sheppard thinks very highly of you, or something like that.

there was silence and then Dex went back to training and Weir moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith

Perhaps it was intentional to show Weir wasn't completely comfortable yet with Sheppard's promotion
          How cans he be uncomfortable about it? She insisted upon it.

Comment

How could that be, she is the one that said promote him to General Landry back at the SGC.

Comment

I don't find that so important. I find Shepperd's promotion ridicule anyway, if not slightly criminal. That is more detrimental to the USAF than calling him "major".

"Major" is easier to remember and pronounce than "Lieutenant Colonel". I 'm ready to call a general "High commander of the fretting lads" if that suits the show better. Same for uniform. Let them have special Pegasus galaxy uniforms.
              No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

:O She does aswell, "I understand Major Sheppard extended an invitaion for you to join his team?"

Comment

I hadn't thought about that. Maybe it shows SHE is the creator of his rank and his career. Kinky...
                  I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                  Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

This has already been discussed others called him Major aswell - its too show that a period of transition they will eventually call him colonel

I dont get why he didnt point it out to them though
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
                      I don't find that so important. I find Shepperd's promotion ridicule anyway, if not slightly criminal. That is more detrimental to the USAF than calling him "major".

"Major" is easier to remember and pronounce than "Lieutenant Colonel". I 'm ready to call a general "High commander of the fretting lads" if that suits the show better. Same for uniform. Let them have special Pegasus galaxy uniforms.

He may be Lieutenant Colonel and that is how he introduces himself.

Other than that they just call him Cononel.

Sheppard is in charge of all the military on Atlantis so it is right for him to have a higher rank.

Comment

When I first heard it, I thought it was a mistake but I think such a big slip would have been caught in post production. Then I went back looked at the scene again and I thought maybe the Ronon was intimidating her or making her uncomfortable and she just slipped. But we'll probably never know the true answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                          When I first heard it, I thought it was a mistake but I think such a big slip would have been caught in post production. Then I went back looked at the scene again and I thought maybe the Ronon was intimidating her or making her uncomfortable and she just slipped. But we'll probably never know the true answer.
                          Dr. Weir however has changed through the eposides and doesn't look like she can be intimidated anymore. If there are audio commentaries we might find out.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            This has already been discussed others called him Major aswell - its too show that a period of transition they will eventually call him colonel
                            Ok then I admit that "colonel" is easier and less ridiculous to pronounce on a show than "lieutenant colonel"

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            I dont get why he didnt point it out to them though
                            Now that would have made a boring military cranky epidode

- Major!

- Call me Lieutenant colonel!

- Oh right, those army titles...

- I'm in the Air Force!

- Oh, ok the Air Force

- the Air Force, Lieutenant Colonel !!!

Ok I stop I have to rush to clean the deck of the aircraft carrier, and then repaint the whole hull. Cause I'm in the Navyyyyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
                              Ok then I admit that "colonel" is easier and less ridiculous to pronounce on a show than "lieutenant colonel"
                              Actually I think Lt. Colonels are referred to as Colonel in real life.

Rodney also called him Major in intruder it will take time for them to switchover

Also isnt this a writer error if it is indeed an error
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

As mcKay said "It'll take some getting used to"

Comment

Working...
                                X