Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got to see "The Siege III", very interesting! Now the Wraith
    will leave them aline for a while. But, I know they will encounter
    them on a few planets the Atlantis Team visits.
    Lt. Geo. Jr.
    George Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
      Got to see "The Siege III", very interesting! Now the Wraith
      will leave them aline for a while. But, I know they will encounter
      them on a few planets the Atlantis Team visits.
      Lt. Geo. Jr.
      its so kool i bet you cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower
        its so kool i bet you cant wait
        Saw the "Ship Virus" this past Sat., it was pretty good to, but
        maybe we could have seen what Teyla was up to while they
        were gone maybe the Wraith taking recon on the Atlantis,
        and getting close but no cigar scaring the team left on
        Atlantis!! Just to give another story line the writers
        did not think about!!!
        Looking forward to this "Runner" episode!!
        LT> Geor. Jr.
        George Jr.

Comment

Question: Has it ever been explained why the scanner was unable to detected Wraith lifesigns when in Rising it was?

I am curious to even know if in future episodes the ability to use the scanner to detect wraith was also possible.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Question: Has it ever been explained why the scanner was unable to detected Wraith lifesigns when in Rising it was?

I am curious to even know if in future episodes the ability to use the scanner to detect wraith was also possible.
            The scanner in "Rising" only deteched general lifesigns, not wraith, as the
            wraith started to awake, Sheppard's lifesign detechter just picked up
            lifesigns. The lifesign detechter on Atlantis is different than the hand
            held, and can depict different lifesigns.
            When they go look for wraith with a handheld detechter their
            personal is not in that area, however Atlantis's computer
            detechter can pin point a different lifesign any where on in
            the city.
            George Jr.

Comment

The scanner in Rising and Seige II looked identical, as if Sheppard just took one from a puddlejumper but forgot to put it back, and because they looked to be the same scanner (as it was definitely the same prop) it should have been able to tell the difference between human (represented as blue circles) and Wraith (represented in red squares) as it was shown in Rising.

However Shepperd said that it couldn't be it done, when we know it can. Even when the Wraith were waking up, the handheld was still detect two different types of lifesigns, human as white circles (blue may have just been bad lighting from the blue corridors in Rising) and wraith as red squares.

So it's the same scanner, yet for some reason it didn't tell the difference.

sigpic

Comment

The scanner in Rising and Seige II looked identical, as if Sheppard just took one from a puddlejumper but forgot to put it back, and because they looked to be the same scanner (as it was definitely the same prop) it should have been able to tell the difference between human (represented as blue circles) and Wraith (represented in red squares) as it was shown in Rising.

However Shepperd said that it couldn't be it done, when we know it can. Even when the Wraith were waking up, the handheld was still detect two different types of lifesigns, human as white circles (blue may have just been bad lighting from the blue corridors in Rising) and wraith as red squares.

Maybe, throughout the episode of the Rising he was learning how to use it better, and by they got to the Siege, Pt2, they knew how to differentiate between human and Wraith life signs better.

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                  Maybe, throughout the episode of the Rising he was learning how to use it better, and by they got to the Siege, Pt2, they knew how to differentiate between human and Wraith life signs better.
                  But that's the thing, it's like they actually lost the ability to detect wraith as they learnt how to use it better because Sheppard said it couldn't tell the difference.

sigpic

Comment

But that's the thing, it's like they actually lost the ability to detect wraith as they learnt how to use it better because Sheppard said it couldn't tell the difference.
                    LOOK in "Rising" The life sign detechter showed different
                    colors because, The detechter picks up all life signs, however if you are within say five feet it shows up as blue, so who ever is holding it can
                    see where on the screen he is. Any dots outside of that say"5 foot" area is
                    going to show up as red, be it wraith or human.So with the hand held detechter as I am searching for Wraith, the dots with-in five feet appear blue
                    and any thing beyond will be red. I could not say it was Wraith or A Team
                    member. Unless I know I have cleared that area of everyone.
                    The "Detechter" on Atlantis' computer "CAN" make that
                    difference of life signs. That is why Sheppard said his hand held detechter
                    couldn't do it. Then also remember Atlantis' computer only picked up the Wraith after Zedlinka widened the range.
                    Hope this gives some light on detechting lift signs. That is how I look at it.
                    Lt. Geo. Jr.
                    George Jr.

Comment

SaberBlade,
                      In Rising the hand held life sign monitor showed blue for the immediate
                      surroundings not human lifesigns. It showed red for lifesigns beyond an area
                      of the monitor. It could not depict the difference of life signs, just life signs.
                      So if you were holding one sll life signs would be red beyond say five or ten feet, and blue with in that circle of area. Now in Seige they had to clear the area and anything left they knew had to be Wraith, because they had cleared
                      the area. Now if someone had not cleared the area, they to would be picked
                      up as red on a hand held monitor if mice are in Atlantis, it to probably would
                      be picked up as well. On the Computer Lifesign it can make that difference
                      because it can be programed to pick up say just "Wraith" lifesigns.
                      Lt. Geo. Jr.
                      George Jr.

Comment

Haven't read this thread yet because...frankly...I haven't finished watching this episode, but I just had to stop and comment.

Col. Everett - you're an idiot.

I'm only 15 minutes into the episode. He came waltzing in through the Stargate, proceeded to basically run right over Weir. (Go Sheppard for sticking up for Weir!!!) Told Teyla she has to stay out of the way. Wouldn't listen when the suggestion was made not to put all the naquada enhanced nukes out as space mines. Now they've all just blown up.

Col. Everett - YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

Okay, I think I'm ready to finish watching the episode now.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                          Haven't read this thread yet because...frankly...I haven't finished watching this episode, but I just had to stop and comment.

Col. Everett - you're an idiot.

I'm only 15 minutes into the episode. He came waltzing in through the Stargate, proceeded to basically run right over Weir. (Go Sheppard for sticking up for Weir!!!) Told Teyla she has to stay out of the way. Wouldn't listen when the suggestion was made not to put all the naquada enhanced nukes out as space mines. Now they've all just blown up.

Col. Everett - YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

Okay, I think I'm ready to finish watching the episode now.
                          Hey, Meredith Chandler, I just read your post:
                          I also had my doubts about Everett. He was to arrogant and to much of
                          a "Know it all" type of guy. No one could tell him anything with out him kind
                          of downing them with a smirky look or a "who are you to tell me anything "type of attitude. He kind of sees what is really happening towards
                          the end though when Tayla told him the Wraith was in the city and you will
                          need every able body to track them down. I think then he kind took a "Man
                          what have I gotten myself into" type attitude and started paying more
                          attention to what everyone was telling him about what was happening.

However, The Seige was good!! all three. So if you have not seen
                          Seige III , I'm quite sure you will love it. Let Me know what you think of
                          the episode.
                          Lt. Geo. Jr.
                          of response.
                          George Jr.

Comment

It looked like the marines were only used RPG's against the incoming darts. But why? How can you hope to hit something moving that fast without heat seeking capabilities? Unless Atlantis can detect them with enough accuracy to provide a targeting system... which was never mentioned.
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Hey, Meredith Chandler, I just read your post:
                              I also had my doubts about Everett. He was to arrogant and to much of
                              a "Know it all" type of guy. No one could tell him anything with out him kind
                              of downing them with a smirky look or a "who are you to tell me anything "type of attitude. He kind of sees what is really happening towards
                              the end though when Tayla told him the Wraith was in the city and you will
                              need every able body to track them down. I think then he kind took a "Man
                              what have I gotten myself into" type attitude and started paying more
                              attention to what everyone was telling him about what was happening.

However, The Seige was good!! all three. So if you have not seen
                              Seige III , I'm quite sure you will love it. Let Me know what you think of
                              the episode.
                              Lt. Geo. Jr.
                              of response.
                              I guess I never posted after I finished watching The Siege, Part 2. It was a great episode. Great cliffhanger. And after watching The Siege, Part 3, all was right with my world. I'm fairly certain I posted about the last episode in it's own thread.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                                I guess I never posted after I finished watching The Siege, Part 2. It was a great episode. Great cliffhanger. And after watching The Siege, Part 3, all was right with my world. I'm fairly certain I posted about the last episode in it's own thread.
                                I watched The Seige III, and was sort of shocked to see Lt. Ford
                                end up the way He did!!!
                                You could tell Maj. Sheppard was hurt that Ford left in the Jumper.
                                All in all, it was a good flick. I liked when Teyla asked McKay,
                                "Should I tell the rest of the Wraith you have taken the day off?" and
                                Rodney, re-acts with oh yeah forgot about them lets get out of here
                                type of way.
                                George Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X