No announcement yet.

Letters From Pegasus (117)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great episode for the first season of Atlantis.

Character development and story development is very high for a show at this stage. Most shows barely get off the ground in season one, Atlantis however is already developing excellent stories.

After seeing the REAL threat from the wraith ships one has to be a little worried about what will Atlantis do to repeal this threat. Obviously they need a ZPM to activate the shield.

I wouldn't call this a clip show cuz they just used a couple flashback sequences but it wasn't enough clips to whine about it being a clip show. I have to agree that Zelenka talking about classified material was pretty funny.

I am really beginning to hate that guy(can't remember his name now) who is talking S@#$ about Weir and the rest of the Atlantis expedition. Most of his complaints are petty and hope this character dies a horrible death at the hand of the Wraith or something.

Although I am wondering a bit why Atlantis didn't try to send a message before...I guess they were worried about losing their power generators in the process, unforunately we will have to wait till the next episode to see what happened to the power generators.

I am glad this show isn't becoming a Stargate: Voyager so to speak where they get stranded till the last season like that Star Trek show, which limited in the amount of things it could do with storyline. Atlantis' mission is to repel the wraith and defend atlantis. They are not always trying to get home or leave Atlantis.

Anyway definately one of the better episodes of the season, I really like crossover's with other shows which this one had a brief spot at the end with Col. Carter.

I have heard rumors of them showing the Seige before the Gift?? Anyone know a definate answer on this?? Stargate SG-1 Archive is saying that the Gift is the next episode...
    Lt. Ford to Dr Zelenka: "Is this some sort of payback for me beating up guys like you in high school?"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Hot Zone

Dr. Beckett: "...Mom...I miss you terribly...*breaks down*...I can't do this!"
    - Stargate Atlantis: Season One - Letters from Pegasus

Sen. Kinsey: "Do you trust this man?"
    Col. Jack O'Neill: "...No..."
    Mayboune: *shrugs*
    - Stargate SG-1 - Chain Reaction

Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis I love science fiction

Comment

This is by far one of the better ep's of Atlantis Season 1.

I mean, when I saw the Wraith fleet drop out of hyperspace I was like: "Whoa', this is far worse than I thought"

More importantly, the Hive Ships look amazing, and the idea that they each have 3 cruisers atached to them is very cool.

BTW, I don't want to sound negative, because that would be oh so not me™ , but ... I have a feeling that the Daedalus isn't going to last very long in The Siege
      Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

After all the talk about how they had to be careful not to violate securtiy clearance, is it not a massive breach in security clearance for the Japanese scientist to record her personal message while wearing a jacket which has a patch that you can cleary see on her right arm saying ATLANTIS!?!?! hehehehe

Comment

Interesting episode not the best episode of second half of the season but I still thought it was quite good. IMO it was not a clip-show episodes it was mixture of clip-show and a normal episode. Very funny episode probably the funniest episode of the season Mackay and leadership thing was hilarious. Great to see wraith tech finally although I was expecting hive-ships to be a lot bigger then they were. We still didn’t find out what that wraith beam was for maybe in the next episode we may learn more about it. I thought Dr Weir character has developed a lot since the start of the season she looked great very convincing as leader. Overall not a bad episode.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by getchaos
            Sorry, i interrupt the discussion, but can anybody tell me, when the season finale will be aired.
            At the moment the newest episodes come from "movie central" every monday. But will they air "the siege" the week right after "the gift"?
            or do we have to wait, till another one like Sci-Fi or Sky-One airs this episode?
            As far as I know they will air
            “The Gift” – Monday 17/01/05
            “The Siege part 1” – Monday 24/01/05
            “The Siege part 2” – Monday 31/01/05

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
              OMG, Dr. ZELENKA rulezzz

btw, i was just to make the translation
              Zelenka is great

This time I managed to translate it before you, but next time he speaks Czech it´s gonna be your turn,ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning
                After all the talk about how they had to be careful not to violate securtiy clearance, is it not a massive breach in security clearance for the Japanese scientist to record her personal message while wearing a jacket which has a patch that you can cleary see on her right arm saying ATLANTIS!?!?! hehehehe

I noticed this too.

Also zelenka does his speech in front of a naquadria reactor

becketts is in a a foreign looking medical room

most of the clips are done with atlantis walls as backgrounds

all these things constitute security breachs if the videos are ever shown to the family members.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrial
                  I noticed this too.

Also zelenka does his speech in front of a naquadria reactor

becketts is in a a foreign looking medical room

most of the clips are done with atlantis walls as backgrounds

all these things constitute security breachs if the videos are ever shown to the family members.
                  That’s true I was thinking about that my self I think what the USAF will do is blur it out so when the family’s receive the videos they cant’s see what is in the back ground.

Comment

Great episode.

Rodney and Zelenka on the camcorder was funny as hell.

How come Elizabeth couldn't tell her boyfriend Simon, about the stuff that has happened? Didn't he recieve security clearance in Rising?

And it's Letters from Pegasus (sorry, I'm a nitpicker ).

Comment

<snif...> whoa... (wipes tear from eye, blows nose) <sigh>

There, that's better.

What a wonderful episode, a great character piece. If there was an award show for clip episodes Letters would win in all the categories.

Teyla. Was. Superb! The scenes between her and Sheppard were flawless, IMO, and she really did an excellent job of conveying real anxious fear for her friends.

And what a lovely way to pay homage to those who had already fallen.

Loved Zelenka's part! No translation needed!

And Bates! The true soldier, doing it all for his little brother.

I'm looking forward to tons of missing scene fic for this ep, how each character decided to say what at first they couldn't - Goodbye. <snif!> Here I go again!

And MacKay... awww... he still has the hots for Sam!
                      Anyone else think that when MacKay kept bringing up leadership that he was actually(eventually) talking about Weir, Sheppard and Teyla?

I look forward to a scene that puts Jack in the same room with ponytail dude. I think it's safe to say that the word "ass" will come up at least once in that short conversation.

And is that Asian scientist infatuated with Rodney or what? Too cute!

Just, all-in-all, a great ep. I give it a 20 out of 10.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Gµmmi@nð
                        Great episode.

Rodney and Zelenka on the camcorder was funny as hell.

How come Elizabeth couldn't tell her boyfriend Simon, about the stuff that has happened? Didn't he recieve security clearance in Rising?

And it's Letters from Pegasus (sorry, I'm a nitpicker ).
                        There are diffrent levels of security clearance so therefore Elizabeth could only reveal so much to Simon.

Comment

This was my favorite episode to date. I don't know why, but i just really enjoyed it. We got to see everyone at their best and worst. Ford finally got somemore screen time, and some clips from his fight scenes. I hope they use his skill in the future, because up till now, most fight scenes have just been that, normal fights. No one imploying a technique or anything.

I hope the writers don't get into that habit of killing off reoccuring characters that a lot of shows do. Its a good thing for writers because they get to write the emotional episodes that kill off people, without losing a regular, but i do not like it.
                          Zelenka and Dr. Ponytail, and Bates and Groden, among others make a great support crew that has no need to die.

Question: Teyla siad she had never seen a culling this long before. How has she ever seen any cullings, all the wraith were asleep. Were the little munchie runs that the sleep-guard wraith went on also called Cullings? Either way, she seems to know a lot of intimate detail about a speices that has been asleep for the most part for 500 year

Loved the episode

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                          DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterholic
                            Question: Teyla siad she had never seen a culling this long before. How has she ever seen any cullings, all the wraith were asleep. Were the little munchie runs that the sleep-guard wraith went on also called Cullings? Either way, she seems to know a lot of intimate detail about a speices that has been asleep for the most part for 500 year
                            I think this maybe explained in the next episode “The Gift”

Comment

Me too. Although my guess is that when she mentions cullings, she means Snack runs. This must have been the first Full blown culling shes seen.

Spoiler free since Jan 3 2005 (It's getting harder each day)
                              DOOOOOOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                                There are diffrent levels of security clearance so therefore Elizabeth could only reveal so much to Simon.
                                I see, that makes sense, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X