Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShadowMaat
    replied
    Yay to Rodney the Hero, once again proving he isn't the selfish ass some seem to think he is. ...Well, he IS, sometimes, but he can actually get over himself when he has to.

I wonder about the people in the other jumper. It's implied that they all died, but isn't it possible they could have escaped? If someone with the Ancient gene was onboard and if McKay managed to get the hatch open (or they blasted their way out), the could have survived... right? Not that it'd have done them much good, a handful of people stranded on an alien world with no stargate and no means of long-term survival... Hmm... might be better if they DID just die.

What a horrible way to go, though. Drowning is near the bottom of my list of ways I'd want to die, along with a plane crashes and wasting diseases. If I have to die, make it sudden and painless, I say.

Leave a comment:

• Major Fischer
    replied
    I think I was particularly stuck by three things in this epsiode.

A) Most overwelmingly the sheer tour de force that was Torri Higginson. Both Elizabi were had strength and humor, related well not only to others in the room, but also with herself in the split screen. I think the thing I most enjoyed was how much Old!Weir seemed to just enjoy the Rodney/John banter.

B) It was funny when everyone kept talking about how weird/bizare/creepy it was, but most of them seem to be talking about it to Elizabeth, who certainly had more of a right to be weirded than they did.

C) With Shadow, the exterior CGI is always amazing, I think the most striking shot of the series so far though is when she was spreding the ashes.

Leave a comment:

• Thek
    replied
    The scene where the water was rising to above in the Stargate with McKay standing there...that was a very cool scene and the water would be beautiful if it wasn't for the fact it was going to kill several people real soon.

That episode had me in tears.

Janus was fun.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowMaat
    replied
    I'd like to know more about Shep and Zelenka being killed and Weir being more or less OK. There was that vague "once I recovered" thing, but for someone who survived a ship falling out of orbit and crashing into the ocean, she looked remarkably good.

And while the Ancient technology is no doubt excellent, shouldn't something have shown up on the X-rays 10,000 years later? Some indication of previous trauma? Or maybe the Ancients are that good. Or maybe Beckett didn't bother with X-rays.

I know crashes like that happen, but it just seems too convenient. I'd have preferred one or both of them initially surviving, but then dying from their injuries or something.

This was a great ep, though. Very thoughtful and well put together. I still have trouble remembering that the exterior shots of Atlantis are all CGI, it looks so real in some scenes.

And poor Sumner, no matter what happens, he still dies. hehe. Of course, so does almost everyone else, but it still amuses me.

Leave a comment:

• Cinephilic TV Addict
    replied
    it was a good episode - the bad part was in the third-fourth of the episode - yes, i break it into fourths, sometimes more, sometimes less. There was a bad part when weir was first introduced to the ancients around the table - that whole part, from end of commercial to beginning of the next one, was not well done. But the rest was good television.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X