No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure tptb will feed us info bit by bit I hope we learn more about the wraith next season.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      I'm sure tptb will feed us info bit by bit I hope we learn more about the wraith next season.
      I'm sure we will. As with the early seasons of SG-1, the early seasons of Atlantis will be all about learning more about the new surrounding we are in. It shoudl be very interesting.
      Rocky

Comment

I hope so I want to see more on the exploration of the city next season as well.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

this episode was also good b/c it gives you an idea of the ancient population......if they had about 300 people on that transport plus they talked about a major battle, and given the size of the city..it would make sense that there were probally at least a million ancients when they came to pegasus but it appears only a few hundred went back to earth. thats a rough war right there.

I bet in the next few SG1 seasons we will find out what happens to the ancients when they come back to earth but thats just a guess
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            The problem is we simply don’t know the exact date of the plague and why I killed only some ancients and not all. Also if ancients were so advanced they could have figured out a cure for it.

As I said we can argue either way but we simply don’t know why, when and from where the plague appeared from.
            All that we know about the plague is that it wiped out the Ancients in Milky Way, and that it was most likely the sickness Ayiana had. We also know that Ayiana was alive at the very least 5 million years ago, and that she was left behind when Atlantis left Earth. Going by all of that alone, the evidence points towards the plague existing before Atlantis left for Pegasus. I agree that there's a lot of unanswered questions, but as of now the available info does point towards pre-Pegasus.
            yes.. but why?
            why do they look down upon their one opportunity to set things right?
            what could be so horrible about it that they prefer to have their race wiped out than use this one thing (time travel) to save themselves?
            I have no idea. I'm just going by what we've been given. My best guess would probably be that there was a bad experience with the "Window of Opportunity" time machine, and that led to a ban on any further time travel experiments.
            But isn't it implied that the plague threatened to wipe out ALL life in the MW galaxy? Or do I have that wrong, too? Because if it's ALL life, and if at the time there was more life than just the Ancients, then doesn't it imply some kind of malicious intent? I know viruses can jump host species and mutate like wildfire, but wouldn't it take a very special kind of virus to threaten ALL life?
            There still might've been malicious intent behind it. Maybe some other race from way back when didn't like the Ancients or anyone else and started the plague. Or maybe some random Ancient went nuts and created it. There are a lot of possibilities, but so far the Wraith being behind it isn't one of them.
            MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              Welcome to science fiction.
              Indeed.

Comment

I also made note that these Ancients (particularly Janus) seemed to dress similar to the Tok'ra, and it led me to a thought? What was it that made Egeria reject the ways of the Goa'uld? Was she a mutation, or did she change from being a Goa'uld to a Tok'ra? Maybe, just maybe, Egeria was a Goa'uld like the rest of them, and she took an Ancient from Atlantis as her host, and was unable to fully take over the Ancient, and could only blend in a truly symbiotic relationship, like the Tok'ra experience now. Maybe this Ancient influenced her, and kept her away from the Sarcophogous, and she turned from the ways of the Goa'uld, and spread this metanoia to her offspring, and thus was born the Tok'ra.

-IMF
                Last edited by IMForeman; 29 December 2004, 01:46 PM.
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                  I also made note that these Ancients (particularly Janus) seemed to dress similar to the Tok'ra, and it led me to a thought? What was it that made Egeria reject the ways of the Goa'uld? Was she a mutation, or did she change from being a Goa'uld to a Tok'ra? Maybe, just maybe, Egeria was a Goa'uld like the rest of them, and she took an Ancient from Atlantis as her host, and was unable to fully take over the Ancient, and could only blend in a truly symbiotic relationship, like the Tok'ra experience now. Maybe this Ancient influenced her, and kept her away from the Sarcophogous, and she turned from the ways of the Goa'uld, and spread this metanoia to her offspring, and thus was born the Tok'ra.

-IMF
                  Interesting theory.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman

-IMF
                    I hate to throw a spanner into a very imaginative work ... but I had a look at the episode again and really didn't see that much resemblance between Tok'ra dress sense and Ancients clothing. I thought that the Tok'ra dressed to blend in with their environment. Even when they dress in beige, they seem to me more ragged in their dressing in Tok'ra Parts 1&2. I seem to remember from early episodes that Jollinar, Garshaw and other females dress in more elaborate or striking gowns. (Perhaps more of an indication of the host's origins?) The Ancients on the other hand, seem to go for the beige, calico look in a big way.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I also think that the plague was pre Pegasus. The plague led them to leaveing the MW and to creating Spioler alter:

The device we will see in Threads.... which the ancients used to seed the MW and Pegasus with life.
                      IMO the plague was brought about by the Ancients by mistake.
                      I'm not here man
                      Hello it was me

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I hate to throw a spanner into a very imaginative work ... but I had a look at the episode again and really didn't see that much resemblance between Tok'ra dress sense and Ancients clothing. I thought that the Tok'ra dressed to blend in with their environment. Even when they dress in beige, they seem to me more ragged in their dressing in Tok'ra Parts 1&2. I seem to remember from early episodes that Jollinar, Garshaw and other females dress in more elaborate or striking gowns. (Perhaps more of an indication of the host's origins?) The Ancients on the other hand, seem to go for the beige, calico look in a big way.
                        I've already given up on my fanciful theory anyhow... If Egeria had taken an Ancient from Atlantis as a host, then all Tok'ra would have an understanding of Ancient technology, and knowlege of Atlantis's Gate Address. Just wouldn't work.

-IMF
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

The soundtrack was particularly good in this episode... it evoked all kinds of emotions particularly when Weir interacts with Weir... the lovely piano bits.
                          sigpic
                          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Not sure whether this has been mentioned... but I just realised that Janus is Roman god of Gates and Doors, and also god of Beginning

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                              Alright, so Before I Sleep was one of the better episodes in getting to know a tad more about the ancients, why there isn't a timeship in Atlantis, possibly why there is a timeship in SG-1's "Moebius" and other such tidbits.

Let's just say that SG:A breaks the linear rule of time travel this time around, going into the "multiverse" theory associated with the events of choice in each eventual universe.

Remember in the esp. Before I sleep, when Dr. Weir tells her younger self about how her team arrive at Atlantis and that bad things happend that she and a few other people had to escape and they used the time travel puddle jumper (this is of couse they did not know it was a time ship) to go back to Atlantis 10,000 years ago, just before the Ancients left for earth. Well Dr. Weir met Janus who created the time ship puddle jumper.... Janus did took all of his research of creating the jumper with him to earth.. and years later he some how arrive on the planet that Malboure was living in the esp. Good to be king and he created and used the time puddle jumper there.. It makes good sense that Janus was the one who wrote on the walls about the panet's history and future events.. again he has the time ship puddle jumper.

so is it possible that the time ship puddle jumper in good to be king is Janus's ship?

Comment

Very nice episode. So sweet with the weir/weir interaction. I wonder how many of the ZPMs will eb effective i suppose at least one is elliots planet which they don't want to nick from but surely one of the other four will be partially useful (the mechanism to get the 'letters from pegasis' home?)

Very nice episodes it was so heart rendering to realise for weir the first time the entire expetion got wiped out in the first hour.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X