No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry my mistake I assumed it was in folder that is full of spoilers plus this thread is about this episode but anyway fixed it.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      Sorry my mistake I assumed it was in folder that is full of spoilers plus this thread is about this episode but anyway fixed it.
      You don't need spoiler tags for information regarding this episode, but you very much do need them for upcoming ones.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
        You don't need spoiler tags for information regarding this episode, but you very much do need them for upcoming ones.
        Especiallly upcoming eps of ANOTHER SHOW, which would be in an entirely different folder. Thanks Wass.

Comment

I don't understand one thing
          when will weir go back in time?
          time is linear, we saw weir go back in time when atlantis flooded, so no matter what weir would do in the past, the same future would happen. no matter what u see in movies, future can't be changed, if it happened it's because something caused and everything is done in past is gonna lead to that cause
          in the present weir, atlantis didn't flooded so future was manipulated which would be an impossibility
          and how will weir find the timeship if janus took the plans with him to earth? meaning the constructed timeship would be on earth, not on atlantis
          and why didn't they fled in atlantis? it's a ship with unpenetrable shield, meaning a gun itself..just speed up and ram into any enemy ship
          Because going by the multiverse model, Weir didn't change anything. She just created another universe, one in which the team survives. Her original team is still dead, but since she went back in time she's not in that universe anymore. That also explains away the Crazy Thing Who's Name I Forget that happened to the two Carters in "Point of View". Technically speaking, both Weir's belong in the same universe since they both share a common history up until Weir appears back in time. And since it was Weir who created this universe, she belongs here just as much as our Weir.
          2 - Why did Weir become older while she was frozen ? I mean ... when entering in the stasis chamber, she was 'normal', and after 10 000 years in the chamber, she became older ? Why ?
          Remember the ancient woman (Ayiana in the episode 'Frozen', SG-1 S6) ! She spent millions and millions of years frozen, without becoming older !!!
          Weir became older because the stasis unit doesn't exactly freeze the occupant. It just extremely slows down the person's bodily functions. Weir still aged over those 10,000 years, albeit very slowly. As for Ayiana, I'm pretty sure she was frozen in normal ice which preserved her. That's why she had brain damage when she was first revived. The only reason she survived in the first place was because of her Uber Ancient physiology.
          MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            5 Ancient Repository Knowledge – I always wondered why the ancients would create such device now I have theory what if it was Janus who created the in order to help the humans of future develop ancient tech/weapons from the knowledge to fight the wraith. Also Janus seemed to be rebel who never did what the council ordered him to do.
            I find it really hard to imagine that the ancient repository of knowledge has anything whatsoever to do with the Wraith, not least of all because it would cheapen an important artefact in SG1 to nothing more than a spinoff from Atlantis.. It's described in The Fifth Race as "The Place of Our Legacy" (or something along those lines), which makes it far more plausible that it's just a way for the Ancients to record their knowledge for posterity, rather than as a means of fighting a specific threat.

Everything doesn't have to be interconnected...
            The Unknown James

Comment

i also find the repository linked to either janus or the wraith theory unlikely to be correct. Those things a simply way to scattered over the galaxy to show some logical pattern that directly points to the humans from earth.
              You deepfry it - i eat it

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                gamebeavis, your theory on the fail safe for the Time Jumper is quite good !
                I totally agree with you on this point .

In my opinion, I assume there's no problem, because I really think the P4X-639 time machine was built BEFORE the Ancients went to Atlantis. Why ? Because in 'Rising' we learn that the Ancient originally left our galaxy because of the plague ... and in your statement, you say they suffered the plague after returning from Atlantis ... but that's wrong ! It's only because of the plague that they went to Atlantis .

According to the episode 'Fallen' (SG-1 S7), the Ancients were building a lot of things when they first suffered from the plague ... Jonas explains they were building a powerful town called Vis Uban ... but they didn't finished it because they had to flee to Atlantis. And I assume this is the same thing with the P4X-639 time machine. They were improving it in order to escape to return in the past to stop the plague ... but the plague probably became too big an dangerous and they had to flee, leaving all their experiments on P4X-639. That's my theory !

And if my theory is right, the 'space station before the sanskrit' problem may me fixed, no ?

Sorry, I compleatly forgot to "End" my thought in that post, wow MENTAL SLIP. What I was trying to get at was pretty much what you said. The only "logical" reason the research for the device in Window of Opportunity to be written in the OLDEST language of the ancients would be if the thing was built LONG before they left for pegasus. Thus this was there first attempt at time travel, thus solidifying the councils conservative nature about time travel, since it went wrong the first time.

One other thing that kind of bothers me though. Why, would the "Time Jumper" take them to that exact point in history? I am curious, if the "Time Jumper" isnt a "Time Jumper at all" but more like a time stargate with only one other address. Let me explain. The time machine was created 10,000 years ago, and obviously it was never able to be tested, or things would have been different for the ancients?? I mean if your entire civilization is being distroyed and your Jonas (who time and time again does what he wants anyhow no matter what the council tells him), and you have the means to change your peoples fate, wouldnt you do it?? Thus, I dont think the time machine was ever tested, but possibly it was turned on at some point. What if the time machine only travels from the current point in time, to the point of its creation? Kind of like a one way stargate system, 2 identical pieces in 2 different times that you are tranported instantly from one to the other, but ONLY to the point it was first powered up?? That would also show us why (if my galaxy/planet drift idea is correct) they popped up in space, it was because that is EXACTLY the same spot it was in 10,000 years in the future.

Possible spoilers for SG-1:
                Maybe that is why the time jumper goes back to 10,000 is years ago egypt? Because that is where and when it was created and powered on?
                End Spoilers.

This would also hold true to some of the "negative" energy experiments they are currently attempting in real life. They are attempting to create 2 negativly charged spaces that actualy hold the same chunk of space/time, thus one space could be taken millions of miles away, millions of years in the future, and the other left here, but walking into one, you would walk out the other. Thus time/space travel in one. But its only theory so far.

Corpushominisanimusaltus

Bodyofamansoulofanancient

Comment

As has been brought up already you need to use spoiler space when discussing upcoming episodes and/or episodes of SG-1. I'm one of the only mods who will read spoilers so it's just me watching this thread and it's finals time so I don't have a lot of spare time so it would be really helpful to me if those of you who have included spoilers for SG-1 in your posts without spoiler space could go back and edit them as I don't have the time to go back through the posts. Thanks a lot.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Especiallly upcoming eps of ANOTHER SHOW, which would be in an entirely different folder. Thanks Wass.
                    It was not intentional I did say SORRY, hopefully it should be fine I have added spoiler tags.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownJ
                      My only issue with specifically blocking incoming connections from certain gates is that there is (as yet) no basis for it in SG1..
                      Perhaps he was thinking a little more outside of the box. What about sending a correlative update (Avenger 2.0) to all of the Pegasus DHDs that removed Atlantis from their "dialing directory". The Atlantis gate/dialing computer was then powered down along with the rest of the city until the expedition from Earth showed up. When the city woke up, power was restored to the gate & dialing computer which could (concievably) then automatically add itself back to the rest of the Pegasus gates with another update.

Comment

Originally posted by schnoov
                        Perhaps he was thinking a little more outside of the box. What about sending a correlative update (Avenger 2.0) to all of the Pegasus DHDs that removed Atlantis from their "dialing directory". The Atlantis gate/dialing computer was then powered down along with the rest of the city until the expedition from Earth showed up. When the city woke up, power was restored to the gate & dialing computer which could (concievably) then automatically add itself back to the rest of the Pegasus gates with another update.
                        I think that would have been a bit much, when presented with 2 other options:

Atlantis's stargate has some advanced Caller ID that we haven't figured out yet.

An Intergalactic wormhole acts a bit differently from a regular one. It's possible that the Stargate is smart enough to know this, and the Atlantis mainframe could detect this, and raise the iris if the wormhole wasn't from another galaxy.
                        sigpic

Comment

We already know that the atlantis gate has at least one more feature that other gates do not have. the dialing "computer" with its earth-calling card.
                          and since its hooked up the computer and the atlantians know pretty much about their own tech i'd say its fair to say that they were able to easily activate caller id / dial in blocking. I can easily accept that.

Comment

i have only one question left: does the weir in 'our' reality has to go back in time?
                            i don't think so

Comment

no. it doesnt look like it. that would only cause the already mentioned "loop".

Comment

As far as we know, there is/was no timeship in "our" reality, so there is/was no way for "our" Weir to go back in time. But she doesn't have to because the "other" Weir already did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X