No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one survived Atlantis' shield failiure except Weir.

Beckett (the last person with the Ancient gene who could possibly pilot the PJ) drowned, meaning EVERYONE drowned.
    Enter my game site...

Comment

The only thing I could think of is perhaps the Wraith were in hibernation for a large chunk of that time, but I think each period of hibernation is something like 100-500 years, nothing close to 10,000 years. I don't know if this has been discussed before in detail, please point me to the appropriate threads if it has!
      sure they are asleep but i think the major reason they havn't advanced is because they dont need to, since the human population levels have gone down they have probebly put more time and effort into keeping their race alive and enough food for everyone, they wouldn;t need stronger ships, no one is oposining them.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Because from what we understand, the Atlantis gate is the only one (or almost the only one) capable of reaching Earth. If they were trying to evacuate the galaxy, they'd need to get to Atlantis to do it. Maybe that's a big assumption on my part. I dunno what the energy levels of the other gates are like, but it's at least a possibility.
      i mean gate back to atlantis then to earth, none of the other gates can reach earth because they dont have the 8th control crystal that atlantis has its not just because they dont have the power.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
        i mean gate back to atlantis then to earth, none of the other gates can reach earth because they dont have the 8th control crystal that atlantis has its not just because they dont have the power.
        Ohhhh yeah. *headslap* I dunno, maybe they were on worlds without a stargate?

Comment

Or the Wraith felt like putting up camps at the gates

Comment

I just have to say this is definatly a great episiode. I was exctied to see it this episode, and now that I finally seen it it had totally exceeded my expectations.

I enjoyed hearing the different version of the "first" expedition. I loved seeing how Mckay and Sheppard are like "Ha, you died too" to each other. It was like their way of dealing with their death...i think.

While watching "Before I sleep" it made me think of "2010" not in the story sense...but more like my feeling towards the characters. Even though the season's just started, we are still "getting to know" all the characters, but watching/hearing about Mckay, Sheppard, Old Weir die. I had to admit felt sad.

This episodes one that evokes bittersweet emotions i guess. Cuz in "2010" when all of future SG-1 died i was sadden by their loss, but glad that they were also still alive...okay i'll stop talking now and go to sleep.
            ~Athena

Comment

I just watched this for the second time, and I have some details to comment on.

The 'hologram lady' is definitely named Morris/Morose. Old Weir is speaking and says 'But I had an ally..', then we hear Janus saying to Weir,'You need to speak to Morris' and the scene cuts to Janus, Weir, and the hologram lady.

Only one of the addresses on the note is familar to Rodney/the team. It is MG677, which, I presume, is the planet from Childhood's End. Rodney says 'It's MG677, we've been to this planet,' and nothing more on the matter until later when he repeats that.

Old Weir refers to the Council as the 'Atleantean Council' and their warships as 'Atlantean warships', so I'm pretty sure that means that the Ancients call themselves Atlanteans.

Anyone notice that Janus has elvish ears, like Sheppard? Any link/significance?

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                Anyone notice that Janus has elvish ears, like Sheppard? Any link/significance?
                I'll ask Greesha. (I hope someone gets it).
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  I'll ask Greesha. (I hope someone gets it).
                  LOL...I think i get it...but i might be delusional too
                  ~Athena

Comment

dam vulcans

Comment

Ahhh... a surprisingly moving episode ... which reminds me once again of comments that I've heard in the past about the importance of good casting. Wonderful interaction between cast members. Loved the Back to the Future references too.

Will we see Janus again? I wonder...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        Ahhh... a surprisingly moving episode ... which reminds me once again of comments that I've heard in the past about the importance of good casting. Wonderful interaction between cast members. Loved the Back to the Future references too.

Will we see Janus again? I wonder...
                        "moving episode!" that was the word i was looking for! I really need to get some sleep.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by dolmata
                          Now back to the actual name of the Ancients. Didn't the Wraith from "The Defiant One" call them something different? It was close to Ancient, but different enough to maybe be their original name. Also, do the Ancients speak English? Since Weir could speak with the Ancients without translation.
                          He called them Atlanteans. Wier has called them both Atlanteans and Ancients. The 'Ancients' have not called themselves anything, but have denied that they call themselves Ancients.

Comment

yeah i gotta say in only 15 eps they have really developed the charictors well. i always love the banter mostly the pop cultual refrences makes it seem so much real, because me an my friends talk the same way alot of the time. gotta love whole convosations spoken entirly in simpson,futurama, seinfeld and a whole bunch of movie quotes

Comment

Just thinking ...
                              According to "Window of Opportunity", the Ancients tried, but failed at time travel.
                              Here, they clearly succeeded. So the question would be, which "ancients" attempted time travel in Window? I'm guessing that it was the million year plus ancients (or at least the ones who didn't return to pegasus), as they had the plague, and there didn't seem to be a council stopping the research ...

Comment

my guess is thats how they know time travel is no good and should not be messed with because of the past fauliure with the WoO time machine.

the window of opertunity time machine was diffrent it was trying to create a bubble in space made up of more then 15 stargates and taking them and the space between them out of the normal flow of time, they just couldn't get it to work it just made a loop instead being able to change anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X