Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a couple words
    you are still thinking young weir and her crew are living their own time line , that is not true , they are living OLD WEIR's time line , why you ask? is because OLD WEIR never came back.

Comment

The ancient hologram chick's name is Morose. She reminded me of the Nox chick Lya.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by 9-Chevron
        just a couple words
        you are still thinking young weir and her crew are living their own time line , that is not true , they are living OLD WEIR's time line , why you ask? is because OLD WEIR never came back.
        lets not get started on the whole "which timeline" thing, with time travel, you could argue to the ends of the earth and not reach a solid conclusion.
        Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
        Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
        Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
        Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
          I kind of tried to keep true to the story's unfolding... That's what I've done with the other two summaries I've wrote in the past, although I DO like yours. (I'm going to be green-happy today to anyone who writes a decent summary)
          To Gothann and Marty

Thank you so much for your excellent summaries, both of you!!!

Comment

Well like I said in other posts I knew this episode won't reveal everything but at least we have learnt something about the ancients.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

great ep, one of my favs for sure. at least now we know they had war ships. we learn abit about the "atlantians" but we hear nothing of their asention. i guess they asended many years later in the milkyway and then athar went back to her people to protect them.

they call them selfs "atlantians" they said it in this ep

the banter between shep and mckey was great all the "haha you died first" stuff was heaps funny. also i think its funny there is along line of people who are happy to defy the atlantian and asended ancient councils

a few things that seemed out of place to me, no one seemed that panic'd that they were under attack or fleeing their home. and why was the passanger ship trying to break through a seige that had been going on for years why not use the stargate to get back to atlantis from where ever they were? also no word about the orbital platform, it must have been destroyed a while ago. also it sucked we didn't get to hear what the atlantians call the ZPM's.

but still a great ep i liked i would prob place it 3rd (after rising pt1/2 and defiant one)

edit: also we found out they can simply block address's from dialing in, johnus said "i have blocked all address's besides earth from coming in so u will be safe" i wonder if that is a unique feature to atlantis or if its posible to do with any gate if u program the DHD right, like the 8th shevron.

Comment

Did they mention anything about 9th chevron

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

nope no 9th chevron talk

Comment

Oh well there are some mysteries that will remain for sometime to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                      Oh well there are some mysteries that will remain for sometime to come.
                      If you're wondering, the 9th chevron has nothing to do with time travel. There's a quantum generator inside the PJ aiding it's travel through time.
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                        I'm pretty sure McKay only mentioned that ONE had been visited before. I definitely didn't get the impression that MOST had been visited before. And I presume that the one that had been visited was whatever that planet was from Childhood's End.

The Ancients do have a name...don't they refer to themselves as Atlanteans? That's what I picked up at least from this episode.
                        Firstly, on the note McKay looks at it and there are 5 gate adresses, he mentions that one is MX..something, and that it's been visited before, yet he's still reading the note with adresses when they switch the camera view to Old Dr. Weir.

As for the Ancients, they don't refer to themselves as Atlanteans, they don't even refer to themselves at all.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                          If you're wondering, the 9th chevron has nothing to do with time travel. There's a quantum generator inside the PJ aiding it's travel through time.
                          Good I hope that puts the argument to rest the 9th chevron has nothing to do with time travel.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                            edit: also we found out they can simply block address's from dialing in, johnus said "i have blocked all address's besides earth from coming in so u will be safe" i wonder if that is a unique feature to atlantis or if its posible to do with any gate if u program the DHD right, like the 8th shevron.
                            i don't understand..how can weir's team travel trough new worlds and then come back if only earth can dial atlantis?

Comment

Yeah me thinking the same thing I think they blocked the addresses where they suspect wraith are based.

Comment

Maybe he set it to unblock itself after earth dialed in. Or maybe the monkey people poking around at the advanced technology broke the brilliant superior Ancient's blocking program.

Comment

Working...
                                X