No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best episodes from the SGA series. Not very original but very enjoyable. Clearly shows how advanced the ANCIENTS were. Very well done in order to explain why the city behaved that way and to give a glance at what happened with the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by neurophobic_and_perfect View Post
      One of the gate adresses was the kids planet in "childhoods end" and in one of the last epesodes in series 1 ("the siege" or "the gift" don't remember which) Wier said that the other three were dead planets.
      I do not remember anyone saying that one of the planets was the one from "Child's End," nor do I remember anyone saying that the other three were dead.

You care to find those passages and tell me what episodes they're in? I remember watching the complete first season in the span of just a few days, with internet word-for-word subtitles, and I doubt that I would have missed something such as that.

I too have wondered why they never went after the four remaining ZedPMs.

Somehow, I feel you are mistaken.

Comment

I don't think they mentioned that the others were dead ends, but they did talk about the Childhood's End planet:

WEIR: It worked – the stasis, the failsafes. You gave up your entire life.
        ALT-WEIR: No – because we are the same person. The best part of my life – it’s just beginning. I’m exploring a new galaxy. I have years ahead of me still. (She reaches out to touch Elizabeth’s cheek.) Trust yourself, Elizabeth. All that matters is right now. And the note – I wrote it in case I didn’t survive. Has Rodney figured it out yet?
        WEIR (shaking her head): Five Gate addresses.
        ALT-WEIR: Outposts: each one with a Zero Point Module. Janis told me.
        (Elizabeth gets up from the bed and walks over to John. As soon as she speaks, both he and Rodney wake up.)
        WEIR: The note she left – coordinates of planets to have known ZeePMs.
        (Rodney gets off the bed and fumbles the note out of his pocket. John takes it from him.)
        SHEPPARD: They could still be there.
        (Behind them, unnoticed, Alt-Elizabeth’s eyes close and her head rolls to the side. Her heart monitor flatlines.)
        McKAY: M7G-677’s on here! I mean, this is amazing! Elizabeth, we’ve got ... (He trails off as he realises what has happened to alt-Elizabeth. Elizabeth walks slowly over to her older self, and gently takes her hand.)
        I'm pretty sure that was the Childhood's End planet.

Comment

Just got around to noticing the time scientist's name: Janus. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it's a nice nod to another erstwhile time traveler of the same name. Of course, the Janus of Chrono Trigger wasn't really in control of the time travel (though he was presumed to be in control of something to do with it), nor was he exactly friendly, but it's a fun little coincidence nonetheless.
          Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
          http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

One of my favourite episodes in all of Stargate! I think ive watched it about 10 times now and the part where old Weir dies at the end always brings a tear to my eyes, so sad! Loved that we got to see the Ancients, especially Melia, she seems to nice hehe!
            Atlantis - City of the Ancients

sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode and and it is one of my favorites of the season and seeing the the two weir there was great. Have seen this episode quite a few time and love it very much. It was well written.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
              Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
              http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann View Post
                I find "Atlanteans" a fitting name for them... Just suggesting...
                Besides, after all that time on Atlantis (millions of years before they finally find the Wraith) shouldn't they have changed their name?

I mean, our own name seems to have changed somewhat, Homo Sapiens --> Homo Sapiens Sapiens --> Homo --> whatever name it's called in any Latin based language (Humain in french, Human in English, and so on)
                Originally posted by Gothann View Post
                Xerxus, you get some green for having condensed what I could not.

And did anyone catch the Hologram Lady's name this time around? It's said right after Janus says "I may know of someone who can help".
                The hologram lady is Moros (Thank god for subtitles).

They do leave us their races name. In 5th race, jack reads their writing "Nou ani Anqueetas" or "we are the Anqueetas"- it's just we translate it as ancients.
                But I do think that those living in Atlantis, would have most likely called them selves Alterans & or Lanteans, we do the same geographically speaking- we differentiate our selves i.e. New Zealander, Australian, American, Japanese, African, British etc by the areas/ places we live .

Comment

More time-travel stuff, my head hurts!

Other than the fact that I found it very confusing, great episode .
                  spoilers for unending:
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Ponytoad View Post
                    The hologram lady is Moros (Thank god for subtitles).
                    Actually, her name was "Melia". The old Atlantis leader person was "Moros".

Comment

If the ancients knew we were going to come without a power source or any means of building one why didnt they leave zpms or simpler instructions to make them.
                      sigpic

Comment

I guess those intructions aren't simple.

Comment

something i noticed when watching before i sleep

when they revive old weir carson gives dr weir the note with the 5 gate addresses
                          to planets with zero point modules rodney looks at it and says M7G-677 is on here

for anyone who has forgotten M7G-677 is the planet with the kids from childhood's end

anyway towards the end of the episode old weir asks young weir if rodney has figured
                          out what the note meant old weir says they are gate addresses for zero point module
                          locations

young weir wakes rodney who pulls the note out of his pocket and says MG7-677's on here
                          this is amazing.

is it possible david hewlett forgot he read the note at the beginning of the episode
                          or was it a mistake in the script?

anyone else notice this goof?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And we now know that Moros is Merlin! The Same actor that played Moros also played Merlin: Matthew Walker in ATL: Before I Sleep, and SG-1: Avalon Pt.1 and The Quest Pt. 2.
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                              And we now know that Moros is Merlin! The Same actor that played Moros also played Merlin: Matthew Walker in ATL: Before I Sleep, and SG-1: Avalon Pt.1 and The Quest Pt. 2.
                              He also played one of the natives in 'Touchstone' episode 14 of season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Actually on the ep if you put on subtitles Janus says to Weir "you need to speak to Moros" as they approach her (Meila/ Moros) who is right in front of them as he introduces them to each other .

Comment

Working...
                                X