No announcement yet.

Before I Sleep (115)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm not quite awake yet so all brain cells aren't functioning properly and I'm having trouble with the timeline again.

What is the originating point of the Ancients (Peg or MW) and why did they leave Earth/MW? I saw New Order and Rising, but I can't remember what happened.

UnknownJ suggested that they didn't take anyone suffering from the plague to Pegasus... but if that's true, how did they get the plague in the first place? It was created by the Wraith, right? And the Wraith are only in Pegasus? Or were they infected before they knew it and flaunted off to Earth only to realize they were all getting sick, so the healthy ones ran back to Pegasus to avoid their sick brethren only to come under attack by the Wraith AGAIN so they ran back to Eath begging forgiveness from the sick ones? What? Are the Ancients cosmic ping pong balls, bouncing back and forth between the two galaxies?

There was no evidence of any sick Ancients in BIS and sick or healthy, they took everyone with them when they left (except Weir).

Comment

One thing I’m sure you all noticed is that the ancient tech in Pegasus (Atlantis) is more advanced then the tech we have come across in MW specially the stargate network in Pegasus which suggests to me when they came to Pegasus they developed new version of stargates which they only put in Pegasus galaxy. So I think it is likely they originated in MW and moved to Pegasus galaxy later on.
      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        UnknownJ suggested that they didn't take anyone suffering from the plague to Pegasus... but if that's true, how did they get the plague in the first place? It was created by the Wraith, right?
        Oh dear lord no..

Where has it ever been suggested that it was created by the Wraith?

If we accept that what Aiyana had was the plague (and there is, as yet, no evidence to the contrary), then the plague definitely existed before the Ancients went to Pegasus.
        The Unknown James

Comment

So the plague is something that just randomly popped up out of nowhere with no real source except generic "space germs"?

Comment

I didn't say that.

However, there's nothing to suggest that it was created, or that there was a malicious intent behind it.

And like I said before, the evidence suggests that the plague existed prior to the ancients going to Pegasus, and there hasn't been any indication whatsoever that the Wraith have anything to do with it.
            The Unknown James

Comment

The arguments can be made either way we will simply have to wait and see where the plague came from and whether it affected the ancients before or after they lost the war with the wraith.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                The arguments can be made either way we will simply have to wait and see where the plague came from and whether it affected the ancients before or after they lost the war with the wraith.
                With all due respect, without a shred of evidence to back it up, I'm not sure how exactly somebody could argue that the plague had anything to do with the wraith.

Especially since the evidence that does exist shows that the plague pre-dates Atlantis going to Pegasus.
                The Unknown James

Comment

I must say, this was the best Atlantis episode IMO since the pilot.

Weir did a WONDERFUL job playing the parts. I was amazed.
                  Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Yep, I'm reading up on that now. I had some of my facts backwards, which is where I got confused and jumped to the wrong conclusions. Although I think I also read something about a Wraith-created plague, which only made matters worse for me.

But isn't it implied that the plague threatened to wipe out ALL life in the MW galaxy? Or do I have that wrong, too? Because if it's ALL life, and if at the time there was more life than just the Ancients, then doesn't it imply some kind of malicious intent? I know viruses can jump host species and mutate like wildfire, but wouldn't it take a very special kind of virus to threaten ALL life? Then again, I probably misunderstood that, too and the Ancients were the only ones affected. *sigh*

Do we know what happened to the Asgard? How they ended up in such a state? Did they resort to cloning because of the virus or was it just years and years of tinkering on themselves?

Maybe I should just quit while I'm ahead and admit that I'm too stupid to understand any of it.

Loved BIS. Great ep. Yay for Rodney being willing to sacrifice himself for the others.

Comment

Originally posted by UnknownJ
                      With all due respect, without a shred of evidence to back it up, I'm not sure how exactly somebody could argue that the plague had anything to do with the wraith.

Especially since the evidence that does exist shows that the plague pre-dates Atlantis going to Pegasus.
                      The problem is we simply don’t know the exact date of the plague and why I killed only some ancients and not all. Also if ancients were so advanced they could have figured out a cure for it.

As I said we can argue either way but we simply don’t know why, when and from where the plague appeared from.

Comment

i just saw this episdoe...find out osme good stuff about the ancients. i guess we can put to rest the argument abotu the war. the wraith one b/c they had superior numbers not better tech.

i wonder though- if the ancients went back to earth, when the plague occured. and i also whay impact the ancients had on the timeline when they returned to earth.

answers some good questions but raises many
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                          answers some good questions but raises many
                          Welcome to science fiction.
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                            The problem is we simply don’t know the exact date of the plague and why I killed only some ancients and not all. Also if ancients were so advanced they could have figured out a cure for it.

As I said we can argue either way but we simply don’t know why, when and from where the plague appeared from.
                            your 100% right and anything else is just guessing

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

the more i see sga, the more i think we will really find out all about the ancients through this show and only little tiny peices through sg1

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                                the more i see sga, the more i think we will really find out all about the ancients through this show and only little tiny peices through sg1
                                Makes sense though, we are in the Ancients own city in Atlantis and there is some sort of database there, plus anything they have left behind.
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X