Sanctuary (114)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gothann
    So long as Athar doesn't become a recurring character, since seeing Sheppard getting serious with an Ascended Ancient is folly.
    hey, im all for her becoming a recurring character, not a regular, but id like to see her again, not talking like every other ep, but once or twice more (this season) would be nice.
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

Comment

McKay's rampant paranoia/jealousy of Sheppard in this episode struck me as a bit off, does anyone else think so as well? And I loved the part where everyone yelled "No!" when Sheppard asked for private time.

Comment

I thought that McKay and Sheppard were both wildly out of character in this ep. McKay isn't THAT rabid and Sheppard isn't that sex-starved.

Comment

I agree with shadow although I understand Mckays character being arrogant and always moaning about something I think it was overdone a bit and as for sheppard wouldn't any man be mesmerise by a beautiful woman.
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            as for sheppard wouldn't any man be mesmerise by a beautiful woman.
            Mesmerised? Maybe. So completely captivated as to forget everything and everyone around you without drugs or mind control being involved? I sincerely hope not. Let's hope this was a one-off and that it doesn't become a recurring character trait for Sheppard.

Comment

I agree with shadow although I understand Mckays character being arrogant and always moaning about something I think it was overdone a bit and as for sheppard wouldn't any man be mesmerise by a beautiful woman.
              Sheppard just never seemed the type to jump on a "hot chick" almost immediately.

I'm with Shadow. . .hoping this doesn't become a regular character trait. I prefer Sheppard as a "thinking" person. .not a hormonal one.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                Mesmerised? Maybe. So completely captivated as to forget everything and everyone around you without drugs or mind control being involved?
                Maybe Ancient females have super-pheromones that us human men cannot resist.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Let's bring Chaya back but find out she is totally evil. . .she has Sheppard totally under her spell, and moves on the other men of SGA.

No. . wait. That was "Hathor". Hmmm. I liked Hathor. Nothing like a good, beautiful and EVIL woman.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Did Sheppard have sex with whats her face?
                    Based on their behavior after the picnic, and John's "not having slept last night" when Rodney asks him, we can reasonably assume that they did indeed have sex.
                    I'm pretty positive that Shep and Chaya did NOT have sex, because of the way that Shep responded at the end when Chaya offered that they 'share themselves' -- Shep's 'okay' seemed to indicate, to me at least, that he thought by that she meant having sex -- a reasonable assumption. If they had had sex, wouldn't he have responded by saying 'um, didn't we already *smirk* 'share ourselves'?'

In response to Shadow's bashing of the episode:

One of your main complaints was that the episode doesn't provide any new info about the ancients. What you are forgetting here, though, is that probably not ALL SGA viewers have seen SG-1. I fall into this category, because I have never had TV, and I like to watch things from the beginning. So I know virtually *nothing* about the ancients, and this episode was VERY enlightening for me as a result. So please, keep in mind, not EVERY person watching SGA is a seasoned SG-1 expert. And thank god, TPTB seem to realize this.

In response to Shep falling for Chaya:

I don't think it's fair to criticize Shep so harshly for being interested in Chaya, and I definitely don't think she is 'just another pretty face' -- or that that was how he viewed her. Shep is very intuitive and sensitive to his surroundings (as we witnessed in Home), so I think it's safe to assume that he sensed, even if merely unconsciously, something special about Chaya. Also, while I'm sure he DID want to shag her (and who can blame him?), why couldn't he also be playing the romantic card to get more info out of her and to try and secure the treaty of sanctuary on her planet? In any case, thinking Shep was just after a bit of fun is oversimplication. As in most cases, he almost certainly had several motives.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                      One of your main complaints was that the episode doesn't provide any new info about the ancients. What you are forgetting here, though, is that probably not ALL SGA viewers have seen SG-1. I fall into this category, because I have never had TV, and I like to watch things from the beginning. So I know virtually *nothing* about the ancients, and this episode was VERY enlightening for me as a result. So please, keep in mind, not EVERY person watching SGA is a seasoned SG-1 expert. And thank god, TPTB seem to realize this.
                      That was pointed out to me already. However, bigger than the fact that "we already know this" is the fact that it was, IMO, presented in one of the most unoriginal, unrealistic ways possible and with little or no effort made to make it "unique". Boy meets Girl. Boy falls for Girl. Girl isn't what Boy thinks. Cue the credits. When I say that there's nothing new in this ep, I mean in every respect, not just the stuff about the Ancients.

But like I said, hopefully it's just a one-off and the rest of the season will be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Boy meets Girl. Boy falls for Girl. Girl isn't what Boy thinks. Cue the credits.
                        From my perspective, it seemed like she fell for Sheppard a lot harder than he fell for her. She was willing to leave her charge of defending Proculous just to be with John for a little while.

And don't forget her super-pheromones!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well what do you expect the girl has spent 10, 000 years alone

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Well what do you expect the girl has spent 10, 000 years alone
                            The proverbial genie in a bottle that makes all of men's dreams come true, eh? Frankly I preferred Robin Williams.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Robin Williams

Comment

After I looked up the meaning of Kolya's name which turned out to mean 'of the conquering people' I have now started randomly looking up the name meanings of guest characters. So far they have proved to be oddly accurate.

Chaya Sar:

Chaya - 'life giver'
                                Sar - 'noble ruler'

TPTB do their research
                                ~Percussive Maintenance - The fine art of repeatedly whacking an electronic device to get it to work again.~

Think before you hit 'Post': Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate. *sigh*

My LiveJournal: watch me babble about Stargate and life in general here.

Comment

Working...
                                X