No announcement yet.

The Eye (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to add how blown away I was by the graphics. It was like watching a movie in the theatre, especially when the shields were raised and the wave came crashing against it. You can tell that they're really going all out for Atlantis.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I know this is late, but I've been a busy pig lately. I haven't read what anyone else have had to say about it, so I don't know what has been discussed and what hasn't.

PIGGY'S USELESS OPINION
      of 'The Eye'

I wish I'd seen this immediately after 'The Storm'. I didn't re-watch it before I watched this new one, so now it felt kind of distant and I felt like I couldn't really connect to what was happening on screen the way I usually do. Which is too bad, because it really looked like a darn cool episode.

The highlights for me were the incredible visual effects for the storm (especially as it was hitting Atlantis) and Sheppard offing the Genii strike team. I loved the scene where you see the four lifesigns on the screen, hear distant weapons fire and then see three of the lifesigns fading, leaving only Sheppard's. Very effective. Very cool. Funniest bit: Weir and her "codes".

The bad stuff: 1 - Still don't see much character development on Ford's part. I guess it will come eventually, though. He needs an episode to center around him. 2 - It was sometimes difficult to hear the dialogue, especially in the scenes with Weir, McKay and Kolya outside. Hopefully this won't be a problem for me when the DVD eventually arrives.

Back when 'The Storm' aired, I guessed that either Kolya or Sora would be dead by the end of 'The Eye'. I guess I was wrong. Kolya was shot, but escaped through the stargate. We didn't see him dead, so it is fair to assume we'll see him again. But I'm really curious about what will happen to Sora now.

Anyway... Looking forward to the next episode. It airs tonight, yes? I'll probably get to see it tomorrow. What a great time to be alive.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

just a quick addition of MHO...yes I know everyone was waiting
        I really enjoyed it overall.
        Some nit picky things BUT nothing that stood out enough for me to point it out

I just really had a great time watching the show
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

how did they get the shield working if they have no zpm?
          come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

By using the electricity from the storm to charge the shields generators which means the shields up for few minutes.
            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
              how did they get the shield working if they have no zpm?
              The plan was explained in detail in The Storm...

It worked in The Eye.
              Enter my game site...

Comment

Just for the sake of discussion:

Did anyone think that Sheppard ordering Ford to shoot-to-kill was a bit excessive? Personally, if Ford wanted to stun the last few Genii invaders and take them prisoner, I don't see why that would be bad. I understand the necessity to for Sheppard to kill, because he didn't know how long he would be running around, and he can't let targets live to pursue him again when they wake up.

Did anyone think John was just out for revenge?
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i just saw this ep and i think it is one of the best stargate eps ever

Comment

It definetely is!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      Just for the sake of discussion:

Did anyone think that Sheppard ordering Ford to shoot-to-kill was a bit excessive?
                      Definetely not. Anyone who invades your home turf should be thrown to the grave...and that's if they're lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                        Definetely not. Anyone who invades your home turf should be thrown to the grave...and that's if they're lucky.
                        I agree conceptually, but when they were about to pick off the last few Genii, the non-lethal option would have been just as effective. Killing earlier in the episode was necessary because Sheppard didn't have the time or resources to restrain the stunned Genii, so they could potentially threaten him again. John and Ford were making one last push to retake the gate, so once they were done, they could have sorted through the stunned bodies and taken them to the brig.

Trust me, there definately was a part of me that felt satisfaction and redemption when John raised the shield, or decended upon the assassination squad that came after him. Kolya killed two of our people in cold blood, and that is unacceptable. The Genii paid dearly for attacking us, and they will likely think twice before trying it again!
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack O' Neil
                          Yeah! It was so amazing.. Probably one of my favourites this season already. Oh god im not just saying this to bug you american guys either! I'm serious this episode rocks!!! WOOHOO can't wait till episode 12 next week
                          well im a american and i saw this ep to so you can't bug me im so happy

Comment

Ok, I will admit that i havent read through all the pages to this post, so it migh have been mentioned before. If so, please dont flame me. hehe.

Did anyone else find the city to be very eerie when we had the shots of lightning hitting the rods? I mean yeah, a lot of things look scarry when in shadows, but there was sometihng about the city. Maybe it was just the towering buildings, or my imagination, but it felt weird to look at. if you cant conjure up an image, heres one:

Btw: This image was taken from Abydos Gate Dot Com.

Now other then that. I must admit i liked this episode, I was on the egde of my seat practically screaming

Spoliers ahead, highlight below to read:
                            SHOOT HIM SHEPPARD!!!!! In the last scene with *Kolya* and Dr. Weir

It was really well done. It kept me entertained, and always thinking something like "would i do the same thing in that situation?". And we learned a lot more about Sheppard. And Mckay's ability to tollerate interrogation. lol.

What made me laugh though was, in the previous episode; Kolya said that (more [minor] spoilers for those who havent seen the episode) we were arrognat to think we were closer to the ancients then they were because we werent born in thier galaxy. When we know they returned to earth only 10 000 years ago. I was thinking "Weir, say something, god you know the truth!!!!" but im glad she didnt, now that i think of it, 1. he wouldnt have believed them. and 2. Even if he did know the truth, he probably wouldnt have cared.

Hmmm, what else about the episode.

Well, i was glad to see the shield in action....

Well thats all.
                            Thanks for your time.

~AR

Comment

I havent seen the episode but I'm looking through the screencaps and WOW! I cant wait!
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Umm... Can someone tell why we have to wait until January to see he new episodes? I think TPTB are trying to build up the hype. Personally I am getting bored.... I have seen this happen to other shows as well. I have always been a strong SG fan but cutting a 20 episode season in half, and forcing the majority (assuming sci-fi is the majority) of the veiwers to wait 4 months to see the second half of a 2-parter is a bad judgement call. I have been watching re-runs of SG for over 6 years, why would I want to see more re-runs on Friday night? This Long exhausting break is causing me to loose interest. Perhaps this is just me venting my frustration of having to wait. Why buy the DVD's if you have seen every episode 10 times?

Comment

Working...
                                X