No announcement yet.

The Storm (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great ep! Wow! I am so happy my power didnt cut out! A lot of these Pegasas people are annoying as hell. I saw let them die! I cant wait until January! WOW! Gonna be so good!
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Excellent episode...

*Bought the whole giant storm thing and loved the lightning rod solution McKay and Zelenka came up with. Those two are worth the price of admission. The hurricane looked just like the weather channel these days.

*Nice tie-in between the Manarans and the Genii. The capture of Atlantis by Kolya (a loose cannon if there ever was one) was very tense

*Love McKay clueing Shep in and Sheppard and Kolya's cat and mouse game at the end. It was nice to see Shep in action again.

*Teyla's end of the story was a little duller but a good way to keep them out of the picture for awhile. I assume Beckett was in charge of the jumper because he has the ancient gene and was piloting.

*Sheppard and Weir were both very good in this episode. Weir was brave, smart and I bought her as a commander standing up to Kolya

*Wonderful tension and pacing in this episode.

*Excellent effects. I'd missed seeing more of the city and the planet and it was nice to see all those sets used effectively in this episode.

And now for a three month wait!
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I feel sorry for Rodney, being hurt. The Genii makes the wound worse by being down on it.

Cain't wait for the second half. I want to see Sheppard and the rest of team kick some major rear end.

Comment

I bet McCay wishes he had a few more of those personal shield generators around. He could have used it this episode...maybe Sheppard will find one, even though he won't need it since he's going up against a bunch of teeny-boppers led by some soldier of fortune wannabe.

Comment

I know they couldn't have planned this but seeing a fictional hurricane after all the real ones the last few weeks was odd. On that note however, did anyone else think "trailer park" when the Puddlejumper occupants decided to wait out the storm.

I love Rodney more than ever but that boy needs to work on his poker face.

Comment

What was good:
              a. Good dialogue, esp. between McKay and Zelenka, McKay and Weir, McKay and Sheppard...okay, make that McKay and everyone, actually.
              b. Brilliant cliffhanger, the kind that everyone (moi included) complains about and (mostly everyone) reads spoilers for and predicts fantastic endings of and generally can't wait for.
              c. Thanks to the break, (grr) my Fridays are now actually open, or so I'm told. What? People do something besides Stargate on Friday evenings? Why wasn't I alerted? Did I miss that memo?
              d. Plot. Great. Period.

What wasn't so good:
              a. Beckett. Look, I like the poor guy. Him being the damp (no pun intended) rag on the jumper drove me nuts. I can understand his reluctance to sally forth, but he seemed too emphatic for my refined palate.
              b. My Fridays are now free. What excuse will I have for being a recluse, now? Reruns? They'll never buy that. Maybe I can tell them I missed that memo, too.

Comment

Yeah it was weird watching this when rain from Ivan (now a Storm) is coming down in buckets outside...

Great timing.

Comment

The best moment, is now immortalized in my signature.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

How come Dr. Zelenka didn't stay? He and Rodney worked closely on formulating the plan, and while Rodney is great (loved the Superman line) it might have been good to have some backup.
                    Budget cuts. Betcha anything.

Comment

That was funny, but I think the best part was Sheppard filling in the guy on what he did wrong.

McCay is always funny though, he's good for at least 4 laughs an episode.

Beckett could really say anything and it would sound funny, his accent's like that. No disrespect to the Scotts.

Comment

I don't understand how the lightning idea would work... once lightning struck, wouldn't the sheilds go up, blocking anymore lightning strikes?

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          The best moment, is now immortalized in my signature.
                          Why didn't I think of that? Drat. And Mio got the one about a thousand hamsters instead of a cell culture...I swear, it's a subversive evil plot. Grrr.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                            What wasn't so good:
                            a. Beckett. Look, I like the poor guy. Him being the damp (no pun intended) rag on the jumper drove me nuts. I can understand his reluctance to sally forth, but he seemed too emphatic for my refined palate.
                            Not everyone is cut out to be a hero. SOME people have to act as the voices of rationality in a sea of kamikaze testosterone. As frustrated as I am with Beckett's reluctance, I also understand and sympathize with him. He's also thinking of the young, innocent lives he has onboard. Lives which will be in jeopardy not only from the flight attempt, but from any battle taking place at Atlantis which, itself, isn't terribly safe from the storm.

Comment

It would only take once I think. In Back to the Future they subsititued lightning energy for plutonium...so it would have to be a large power source...but doesn't it drain fast?

Yeah you're right that is a little spotty.

Comment

By the way, if people are going to be including snippets of dialogue from eps that have just aired, might it not be wise to put those snippets in spoiler tags so that anyone who hasn't seen the ep yet won't have part of the story ruined?

Comment

Working...
                                X