Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingjedi
    I just realized that this episode was almost an exact duplicate of an earlier SG-1 episode.
    Yeah, I asked about that in an earlier post. Think the two entities are related? Water, mist, they're very close...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
      Sorry, but "promoted" means exactly that. Not simply a lateral move to another command, even if that command covered a wider area. Especially in the military.
      No, that doesn't nessecarily mean that. Especially in the military.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingjedi
        I just realized that this episode was almost an exact duplicate of an earlier SG-1 episode.

If you remember back a few years ago SG-1 went to the gate in Russia because the Russians had found an amazing water sample that contained energy. When SG-1 got there they found all the scientists dead. So they took a sub through the gate (it was a water planet) and eventually couldnt leave. It was revealed at the end that the water contained life forms and we were accidently killing them. The "water beings" even talked to them.
        It reminded me of that episode ("Watergate") as well as a Farscape episode - "A Human Reaction" where the wormhole aliens maniupulated Crichton to make him think he was back on earth.

Shep's reactions were very similar to Crichton and Teyla was reacting a lot like Aeryn. New clothes, the beer. Except they didn't sleep together in Shep's little reality like John and Aeryn did.
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
          I want to know who paid for the pizza's?

Ford said he caught the pizza guy and just brought them up? Did he mug him?
          Just like who paid for Teyla's shopping spree? Of course, since there were dead people at Sheppard's party, who paid for the pizza was the least of his problems.

Comment

Since this was essentially Sheppard's reality, and his impressions of people would be how their characters would act, does that mean that Sheppard only sees Ford in the role of "pizza delivery boy?" Behind the scenes, but not taking a particularly important role.
            Liaison of F.O.R.D.
            Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Actually, because it was Sheppard's reality, and he was deliberately making things not right, I think it's more reasonable to say that he put Ford in a position that he didn't think the lieutenant would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                Shep's reactions were very similar to Crichton and Teyla was reacting a lot like Aeryn. New clothes, the beer. Except they didn't sleep together in Shep's little reality like John and Aeryn did.
                Yeah, I wasn't going to say it but "A Human Reaction" definitely sprung to mind watching this episode, as well as "Won't Get Fooled Again"--Sheppard's moment of informing the random people from his memory who they were/Crichton waving a gun around while doing the exact same thing as he figures out the reality is fake. Dead people thing--John's moment with his dead mother, shooting his dad and best friend, people acting not themselves with the worse possible scenario playing out (government killing the aliens/Weir being relieved of command and not allowed to return to Atlantis). Beer, tasting and taking another gulp--aliens love beer. Teyla better appreciated wearing human clothes than Aeryn though. Very similiar themes, like I said, seen too many of this type of episode. Everything turns out fake and they go back to their adopted home.

I thought maybe the military picked up the tab on the clothes, but that doesn't make sense. The fact though they were riding around in a limo though does seem like a big tipoff for Sheppard.

The water/mist aliens sounds so trek. They wouldn't be related I don't think but they are awfully similiar types of lifeforms. Given they live in different galaxies its unlikely they could be.

Comment

I was thinking maybe the Mist aliens' ability to make people see what isn't there might be mentioned as being a Wraith quality. Maybe there might be some relevance to the whole concept of the show. But, no.

Maybe it will come up later, and Weir will have to break her promise and go back.

And, really, if McKay is gonna dream about any female, it would be Sam! He was just chatting about her in the puddlejumper! Even if they couldn't have AT, they should have had him mention her!

Unless I have the concept of the show, Us vs Wraith, wrong, time to bring on hte Wraith! More Steve! Siege looks actiony, but it is still two anti-Wraith factions battling each other, instead of the Wraith!

Comment

The show sort of reminded me of SG-1's show, The Gamekeeper. Instead of a machine, real aliens messing with their minds.

I'm glad they promised not to go back to that planet.

Comment

I just read Taylor's review of Home and it got me thinking... I wonder if McKay's first clue that things were wrong was the Outer Limits ep. We only hear the theme, but McKay comments that it was a "really weird" ep- maybe it was the one that mimics/echoes/whatever the situation in Home... Unfortunately, it took him a while longer to actually piece it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        I just read Taylor's review of Home and it got me thinking... I wonder if McKay's first clue that things were wrong was the Outer Limits ep. We only hear the theme, but McKay comments that it was a "really weird" ep- maybe it was the one that mimics/echoes/whatever the situation in Home... Unfortunately, it took him a while longer to actually piece it all together.
                        He turned on the TV before he started to eat those snack things (what the heck were those things?) so maybe you have something there. I still think it was the snacks, because as soon as he started looking at them the doorbell rang with the now-friendly, cat-sitting neighbor.

I was sitting here with a silly grin on my face when I read the review. The jackets got a big mention and I was quite proud of myself when I saw that detail AND its significance in the show. And like me, the reviewer thinks Weir and McKay shared a reality. I thought the conference with Hammond was with both of them, not just Weir or McKay. And how so certain McKay was that things were bogus when his tests made no sense, he breaks the ZPM.

But the reviewer didn't cite how the way McKay was sleeping was really the way he was lying on the surface of the planet. Was that just me seeing things?

I think the reviewer should have said that Sheppard first starts to realize something is wrong and then he creates that bachelor pad to test his theory. I think Sheppard knew something was wrong way back at the SGC debriefing.

Not about the review, and I realize there wasn't enough time, but I wonder if Ford was ever clued in and what would tip him off?

My kind of guy:
                        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                          He turned on the TV before he started to eat those snack things (what the heck were those things?) so maybe you have something there. I still think it was the snacks, because as soon as he started looking at them the doorbell rang with the now-friendly, cat-sitting neighbor.
                          I viewed the snacks as more of an indication that, yes, Rodney will eat ANYTHING. I really don't think he had a clue until he got into the labs and saw that science was abandoning him.

Not about the review, and I realize there wasn't enough time, but I wonder if Ford was ever clued in and what would tip him off?
                          Probably a good fanfic idea. Before anyone decides I should write it like they did last time with the land of Daniel's girlfriends, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                            I viewed the snacks as more of an indication that, yes, Rodney will eat ANYTHING. I really don't think he had a clue until he got into the labs and saw that science was abandoning him.
                            Yeah, but look at the scene. He powers on the TV before he even sits down on the couch. Then he realizes he's sitting on something and pulls out that bag of snacks. He starts eating them, then looks at one and twirls it. Then, he looks at the bag and turns it over to read the ingredients (I think he turned the bag over, I'm doing this from memory). I really feel he was wondering, "what the heck is this that's still crunchy in an opened bag all this time?" Then Miss Cat Sitter rang the doorbell and all coherent thought went out the door.

The Mist-induced reality would put the snacks on the couch for McKay to find. It knew that's what McKay would want when he sat down to watch TV. But it wouldn't have thought if the snacks were stale or not. When it realized that McKay was started to think something was strange, what would distract McKay more than to have his cat sitter actually like him?

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

...what would distract McKay more than to have his cat sitter actually like him?
                              Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter

But I do take your meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                                ...what would distract McKay more than to have his cat sitter actually like him?
                                Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter

But I do take your meaning.
                                Ah, yes, that would distract him for a moment (maybe more than one moment), but don't you think he would soon realize that any attention from her was really strange? That would almost be as stange as the science being all messed up.

Thinking about it, the science being messed up was subtle. Because if the Mist was really "reading" their minds, then it would know exactly what McKay was expecting to see and put it on his computer. But McKay deals with abstractions, and that would be almost impossible for the non-corporeal beings to comprehend. McKay knew what to expect, but the Mist didn't, like it didn't know Sheppard was making dead people alive.

My kind of guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X