Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chiefchucky
    be carefull about voicing negative opinions on anything you could lose a lot of reputation points.
    Meh, reputation doesn't matter. Voice your opinion and I'll respect you for your opinion be it positive or negative.

I thought the premise was slightly overused, but I thought they did a pretty good job with it. I do agree with you on the Ford thing, I wish he would get a few more lines or a least some air-time.

And now for something completely different- I want a shirt like McKay! Except mine would definitely have "genius" spelled wrong.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by chiefchucky
      be carefull about voicing negative opinions on anything you could lose a lot of reputation points.
      Oh, please. Just because some people are immature enough to zap you if they disagree with your opinion doesn't mean that EVERYONE abuses the ratings system. Besides, as NG said, ratings don't matter, post content should. FH is hardly the only one to have complaints about the ep and it isn't as if she said "This ep sucked because I hated it!"

Sure, there were things not to like about the ep, but I happened to think the "good" outweighed the "bad" in this case. Not everyone agrees, obviously. It would be a very boring world if everyone had the same opinion. At least, that's MY opinion.

Comment

Wow, you guys have been busy!

Sorry for posting so late, and sorry if someone else mentioned this:

But isn't Hammond the one in charge of Planetary Defense or whatever? That would explain why he would be there instead of Jack. Weir knew of General Hammond's promotion, and surely would have told the others, right?

Also, though Teyla's attire was less than... uh, normal (as in, I can't see any other Stargate women wearing it!)... it did show her innocence. Yes, the beer could've been left out, but it was so dang funny!

And, concerning legalities and SG-1 actors, I understand now. Thanks to those of you who helped clear that up for me. Now all we have to do is hope that one of the upcoming eps has a crossover, because that would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          But isn't Hammond the one in charge of Planetary Defense or whatever? That would explain why he would be there instead of Jack. Weir knew of General Hammond's promotion, and surely would have told the others, right?
          Rising takes place a fair bit of time after New Order, and I'm fairly certain everyone on the Atlantis expedition knows who Hammond is because he's overseeing all of homeworld security.

It's not particularly strange that he'd be at the SGC, after all, it is an element in his responsibilty, just like in Prometheus Unbound
          Spoiler:
          he is on the Promedtheus during it's theft.
          Generals visit elements of their commands all the time.

The Mist most likely had a sense from Sheppard and Weir's minds that Hammond was someone important, and an authority figure that they were most likely to obey. That would be why it chose to take his form.

Comment

I have a question. When McKay was taking his nap, why did the Mist decide to wake him up to tell him about the Prometheus? The Mist could have let him sleep the day away and McKay would be none the wiser. It was almost like the Mist had linked Weir and McKay together and although they weren't sharing the same reality, they were sharing the same general story line. If anybody was going back, it probably would have been those 2.

And when McKay was asleep, was he really asleep? Could the Mist read his mind even when he was asleep? Then the Mist would be reading his dreams and getting a whole unreal reality.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Because Gen. Hammond is still Jack's superior except now he is stationed at the Pentagon. He is in charge of "Homeworld Security"
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                snipped
                Also, though Teyla's attire was less than... uh, normal (as in, I can't see any other Stargate women wearing it!)... it did show her innocence. Yes, the beer could've been left out, but it was so dang funny!
                I wonder if Teyla's attire was Shepard's first clue that something was wrong. It was almost as if he chose what she ended up with. Perhaps he had unconsciously manipulated the selection.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                  I wonder if Teyla's attire was Shepard's first clue that something was wrong. It was almost as if he chose what she ended up with. Perhaps he had unconsciously manipulated the selection.
                  I think General Hamond getting him a car to take him anywhere was the first clue. No wait, it was the very short briefing which Shepaprd commented about. I think that was the first clue, but it was a culmination of clues - that, the car, just going out into the world without any real bother - that nagged him. After all, if he and Teyla were the only people back from Atlantis, the briefing would last more like days than probably an hour or less than it did.

As for Teyla's outfit, I think that was drawn from Sheppard's own mind, because Teyla had no earth memories to drawn upon, unlesss at some point in time Sheppard explained how Earth women dressed.

Just wanna know how she managed to walk in heels if she'd never worn them before (just assuming she's never worn heels as they'd be impractical on her world).

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Just wanna know how she managed to walk in heels if she'd never worn them before (just assuming she's never worn heels as they'd be impractical on her world).
                    Yeah, I noticed. What's up with that? Saw a highlander ep where an Egyptian Immortal who'd been dead for some thousands of years learned how to walk in heels clumsily. But of course, like all people from another time/planet, she magically knew modern english.

I agree, I Sheppard probably picked that outfit out for Teyla, or imagined the sales person going, "oh, you have to try THIS one, you'll look so cute!"

Comment

As far as Teyla's attire. . .Carter has always been attractive and sexy. . with no fancy hair-doo, no heavy lip gloss, and no skimpy clothes. Hoping Teyla doesn't turn into the resident "jiggle girl" and that someone puts some interesting words in her mouth soon.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                        Well, if you go with the concept that the Mist was manipulating the scenes, they could make her walk without any trouble. If they were using Sheppard's experiences, then he might not have thought about the fact that she wouldn't know how to walk in heels, or he didn't want to have her portrayed that way. Or since Teyla and Sheppard shared the reality, she might not have wanted to look awkward, so the Mist didn't let her.

But still, it's a manipulated reality of fictional characters, so it makes sense that it wasn't part of the story to spend time having Teyla look awkward.

SGA fans' ages poll

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about walking in heels...and I kept noticing she was wearing a nearly identically cut top to the style before, kinda lace it up skimpy open front sleeveless thing. Same taste actually. Thought it was funny.

Thought they should have played the music for "It's in his kiss" with the Cher version when Weir was kissing Narim.
                          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                            I so loved the "Bing Tiddle Tiddle Bong" line by McKay. That, and the dancing hamsters.
                            Having never watched a second of Monty Python, I had to Google to see where the heck he came up with it.
                            "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              But Hammond ISN'T a three star general. We have no evidence what so ever that he was promoted in grade. Only in position.
                              Yes, we were. We were told that Hammond was promoted to Lt. General. That's a three-star.

J.
                              "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Exactly when do you think we were told that, I'll be glad to pop in a tape and check, but I an 99% sure you are wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X