• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one of my fav beckett episodes

Comment

this was an ok episode. learning about the wraith was cool

Comment

Liked the episode!We learn a lot about Beckett is a lot like Dr.Fraiser in a way that he is very ethical and wants to help most of wall. He has a bit of Daniel Jackson first time trough the Stargate and makes a lady friend
        My blog:Nuno Barreto's Blog

Comment

This was an interesting episode in that we see the differences in morals between galaxies. I thought Beckett did a fantastic job.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

Does anyone else find it strange to learn that the wraith wear shoes? I mean, of course they wear shoes, but... I just can't see them going shopping for Hush Puppies. Do they have wraith cobblers to make them? How do they tie the laces with those clunky goey fingers? Is there such a thing as wraith chic? Just what is the most sensible footwear for hunting down and eating people? It surely isn't winklepickers.

I have SO many questions.

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post
              Does anyone else find it strange to learn that the wraith wear shoes? I mean, of course they wear shoes, but... I just can't see them going shopping for Hush Puppies. Do they have wraith cobblers to make them? How do they tie the laces with those clunky goey fingers? Is there such a thing as wraith chic? Just what is the most sensible footwear for hunting down and eating people? It surely isn't winklepickers.

I have SO many questions.
              Perhaps different footwear for different occasions? All well dressed Wraith would have at least a couple of pairs of boots for hunting (to suit dry and wet weather conditions) and the winklepickers for more formal events such as meeting the Queen? I think they're more slip-ons type guys rather than laces and as for Wraith chic - I think Todd provides more than enough proof to support that idea!!

Comment

*sneaks in - mourns for Steve - is so devastated by grief has to crawl out*

Re wraith chic: is this ep not about Steve? Is Steve not the epitome of wraith chic?
                sigpic
                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

You're right, Steve certainly has it down.

Poor Steve. Still my favourite character.

Comment

Originally posted by albatross View Post
                    You're right, Steve certainly has it down.

Poor Steve. Still my favourite character.
                    *hugs Albatross*

My first venture out of the wraith threads... nice to see "non-wraith worshippers" who still appreciate wraith
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Steve makes this episode, despite his being in it for about 8 minutes. It's such a shame he has to die at the end. He could have just fallen ill... I'd be quite happy to nurse him back to health...
                      sigpic

Comment

A great Beckett eppy............and also for Steve [even though he died]
                        sigpic

Comment

It was a great Beckett episode. I have such a conflict of interest there... on the one hand, he helped perfect the drug that killed Steve, on the other, he is just such a great character.

Anyway. I now have a theory that Steve actually lives. When he's lying on the autopsy bed, they zoom in close just as JL swallows. Yes, I know he needs to breath, lol, but that did not stop me from yelling "Steve Lives" at the top of my lungs (yes, I am insane. Yes, I have watched Poisoning the Well way too many times)
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by addicted_to_steve View Post
                            It was a great Beckett episode. I have such a conflict of interest there... on the one hand, he helped perfect the drug that killed Steve, on the other, he is just such a great character.

Anyway. I now have a theory that Steve actually lives. When he's lying on the autopsy bed, they zoom in close just as JL swallows. Yes, I know he needs to breath, lol, but that did not stop me from yelling "Steve Lives" at the top of my lungs (yes, I am insane. Yes, I have watched Poisoning the Well way too many times)
                            If he had survived we would have known about it. A Wraith going on a murderous rampage would be hard to ignore
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              If he had survived we would have known about it. A Wraith going on a murderous rampage would be hard to ignore

A fair point... but I reckon if any Wraith was going to go on a murdering rampage... Steve would be the most entertaining to watch
                              sigpic

Comment

I loved the part where Sheppard names Steve. That was pretty funny. "I am your death." "I like Steve better."

I would say that this is a pretty deep episode. It delves into some very philosophical issues - the whole experimenting on prisoners thing, using the vaccine as an offensive weapon against the wraiths, if it is worth all of the deaths, etc. I think Sheppard was definitely right when he said the wraiths wouldn't leave the Hoffens alone once they realised that feeding on them was deadly - they will just wipe them out. Sad that they were so focused on this vaccine that they couldn't see that.
                                Signature by Glitch33.
                                sigpic
                                Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X