Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atarah Derek View Post
    Let us know how it was. I'm rather intrigued by the idea of a secondary Atlantis character being held captive by the Genii instead of the usual Sheppard or McKay (that is what Meltdown is about, right?). Tell us all about it!
    ok i'll wrap it so's not to spoil it, but it was lovely to hear that beautiful Czech accent again, and i was dissapointed they didnt do an interview with him at the end of the cd like they did on Zero Point

Spoiler:
    but essentailly Zelenka and a group of marines go by puddlejumper to a planet, they pick up a radiation signature and investigate, theres a nuclear facility not far away from a village, so Z and the marines go to investigate, the reactor is leaking, they go inside and all of a sudden Genii attack, Z and the marines are seperated. Z trys to contact the marines and finds out they have all been killed so its just him,he is pursued by the Genii, after firing at him they accidentally hit a peice of equipment that is full of radioactive steam and it kills all of them but one, the leader. Z trys to make it to the control room to stop the meltdown but the leader has made it there first, thus begins a trust issue when they are both trapped behind solid steel doors after the facility goes into lockdown Z has to convince the leader that he is infact trying to help shut the reactor down and not trying to blow up the place, while there are another troop of Genii on the way, he eventually does convince him of course, the shut it down just as the Genii come in shooting everything at random, Z is beamed aboard the Daedalus as is the Leader of the Genii, but the leader dies.

i did enjoy it, but to be really honest i think i preferred Zero Point, dont get me wrong David was brilliant as always, i just, sorry cant quite put my finger on it.perhaps when Rosehawk gets her copy she could let us know what she thinks
    Last edited by pookey; 05 November 2009, 11:06 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      Hey, he looks like I feel...
      Hummmmm...okay, so it is it the 'Hey, and what are YOU doing tonight' look, or the 'I'm feeling frisky' or maybe the 'Let's go do something' or even maybe the 'I'm soooooo relaxed'. It couldn't possibly be any thing else, now could it?!

Originally posted by pookey
      i did enjoy it, but to be really honest i think i preferred Zero Point, dont get me wrong David was brilliant as always, i just, sorry cant quite put my finger on it.perhaps when Rosehawk gets her copy she could let us know what she thinks
      *pouts* I still haven't gotten mine.....I'll let you know what I think when I get it and I won't put the fangirl spin on it!

Spoiler:

Edit: The download for 'Meltdown" finally worked. I can listen to it tomorrow!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 November 2009, 06:51 PM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

GUH. The pix...did I mention GUH?? *ahem* Awesome pix gang!! More please!! Woooooohoooooo!! hehe }:O
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          Okay, I got to listen to the download...

I think the difference is in how they tell the story...

Spoiler:

Zero Point was told pretty as the story was happening and it built up the excitment more....plus it was a much more original story then I had heard in a long time....

Meltdown is told as an after fact story, he's writing a report to the IOA. I felt a bit more removed from everything. I also wish there wasn't so many references to Rodney (I think there were three). Don't get me wrong, I love the interactions between the two characters on-screen but sometimes Zelenka just need to be able to stand on his own without going back to Rodney comments when Rodney isn't there or in the story.

Zero Point had me more excited and into the story faster. There was more interaction with the two voices and the interaction was early where as with Meltdown we didn't get much interaction until later. Also the young Genii voice didn't quite convey the emotions in the way I would have expected, especially at the end when he had been hurt...his voice was just too steady and told way more then what a severely wounded person should have been able to say, but that is the nature of storytelling through words....there has to be a way to connect everything for the listener to be statisfied...

I liked both stories, though I did like Zero Point better. David does wonderful voice work. His voice is pleasant and easy to listen too. He knows how to accent the emotions in a story very well.

Anyway, that's kind of my two-cents worth!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Hummmmm...okay, so it is it the 'Hey, and what are YOU doing tonight' look, or the 'I'm feeling frisky' or maybe the 'Let's go do something' or even maybe the 'I'm soooooo relaxed'. It couldn't possibly be any thing else, now could it?!
            Yeah, I wished it would have been anyone of these, but I felt more like "I could fall asleep right HERE and NOW".

Better be busy:

The cake is a lie!

Comment

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Yep Rosehawk you got it spot on, i just couldnt put my finger on it. anyway it was worth it just for the sexy Czech accent. anymore pictures pleease.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                  Yeah, I wished it would have been anyone of these, but I felt more like "I could fall asleep right HERE and NOW".
                  You mean, like this?!

sigpic

Comment

So as not to bump an older thread...

Originally posted by Hiccups
                    Well, I believe the name comes from a root word meaning "Happy" or "Glad." (And please forgive me if I'm wrong. I've made an error like this already this week. You guys need to keep me in Czech!)

So, I suppose the male name would be "Happy," as in Happy Gilmore? I know it's a stretch, but it's the best I can think of. Or the female name "Gay" might come close.
                    Here's what I found on Behind the Name (I love that site):
                    RADEK
                    Usage: Czech, Polish

Diminutive of Slavic names beginning with rad "care, joy".
                    "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her"
                    SGA Lionized!
                    sigpic
                    For the larger version, visit my DA
                    I support VOM and Bibles Unbound.
                    I ship canon. & Keller
                    Warning: Narnia fanatic posting here. VDT release date: 12/10/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Atarah Derek View Post
                      So as not to bump an older thread...

Here's what I found on Behind the Name (I love that site):
                      Oh, I like that!
                      sigpic

Comment

I've decided to research the meanings behind the characters' names on Stargate, starting with names that are clearly of Tau'ri origin (so names like Teyla and Vala will be a while in coming, but I'll scrape something together). I'm starting with some of my favorite characters from Atlantis.
                        "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her"
                        SGA Lionized!
                        sigpic
                        For the larger version, visit my DA
                        I support VOM and Bibles Unbound.
                        I ship canon. & Keller
                        Warning: Narnia fanatic posting here. VDT release date: 12/10/2010

Comment

Nice Radek shots gang!! Cool info about Radek's name Atarah D. There's nothing little about our Czech. *snickers* More cheeky Czech shots please!! Wooohooo!! hehe }:O
                          sigpic

Comment

Here some pics of our caring and joyful Radek!

sigpic

Comment

Wasn't that the scene where Radek flashed the Wraith? Or maybe Carson flashed the Wraith...all I remember is the Wraith got flashed and I felt warm and tingly. Lovely pix Rosehawk!! Wooohoooo!! hehe }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

Didn't they both?

*needs to go watch Allies again*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X