Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'auc View Post
    The website you posted may be a good start off to learn a bit of our language. It's actually funny, that Zelenka made people interested in Czech and czech language, but hey, as long as people know we exist! Some people think we are part of Russia, or something like that.
    Really? Well, since I only live about 90 minutes away from the Czech border (in Saxony) I'd never think of that. In a few days/weeks (we don't have a date yet), I will visit Prague for the first time, I cannot wait!

I always wanted to learn an East-European language, and since everyone I know learned Russian I wanted to learn a different one; Zelenka helped a bit Thanks for the webpage!
    This heart was like a tardis
    I went and lost the key in a fight

Facebook | Twitter | Livejournal | Last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Mealla McAllister View Post
      Really? Well, since I only live about 90 minutes away from the Czech border (in Saxony) I'd never think of that. In a few days/weeks (we don't have a date yet), I will visit Prague for the first time, I cannot wait!

I always wanted to learn an East-European language, and since everyone I know learned Russian I wanted to learn a different one; Zelenka helped a bit Thanks for the webpage!
      'hodne stesti' (some punctation is missing, but it means 'good luck'.)

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali
      (soon to be host to Tok'ra Teal'auc )
      Member of SG-Aftermath RP group

Comment

Nice Radek shots Rosehawk!! More please!! Wooohoooo!! hehehe }:O
        sigpic

Comment

Your request is my pleasure!

Spoiler:

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

More pretty pics
            Spoiler:

Btw, I will go to Prague on Wednesday. Can't wait.

Comment

I've never been to Prague. Too far away. But I'd love to go there!
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                David was funny, we were the first one's in line on Sunday. We got there about 30 seconds before David and his handler did. I don't think they were expecting anyone in line based on the look on David's face when he first walked in. David walks in, looks at us and gets a really big grin..saying that his fans were here or something to that effect. My roommates immediately pointed to me and said it's all her fault. David started laughing and said that I couldn't do anything wrong and at that point I sarcastically said "I've got a teenager, and I do everything wrong!" David just smiled and then the photographer was ready so it was time for the photo op!
                Hey Rosehawk, have you got any more David stories? I enjoy reading them!

I would love to meet him, but I doubt that my city would ever have a convention. (We have a major league baseball team, a football team and a zoo, but a sci fi convention? Forget it!). Besides I don't/can't leave the house that often, but I think I would risk it if it meant I got to see him.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
                  Hey Rosehawk, have you got any more David stories? I enjoy reading them!
                  I've probably got one or two more! I'll have to post on another day. I don't have alot of computer time on Mondays!

Originally posted by Hiccups
                  I would love to meet him, but I doubt that my city would ever have a convention. (We have a major league baseball team, a football team and a zoo, but a sci fi convention? Forget it!). Besides I don't/can't leave the house that often, but I think I would risk it if it meant I got to see him.
                  If you ever get the chance to meet him, go for it! He really is a nice guy and truely appreciates his fans!

David Nykl, Chuck Campbell and Claudia Black have been some of the most wonderful moments I have ever experienced meeting the actors.
                  Tony Amendola was really great too and so was Paul McGillion!

David Hewlett was great too but I didn't really get to talk with him so it was a limited experience.

**I should have some new Zelenka screencaps by the end of this week!**
                  sigpic

Comment

Tell us all about Prague when you get back Mealla McAllister!

Pretty pictures please!

**I should have some fun new screencaps by the end of this week!**
                    sigpic

Comment

I lived in Prague for 17 years of my life - the place itself is rather nice, however noisy, at least to my own taste. Eastern Czech is more friendly as well. Or, should I say Moravia, since that's how is part of Czech, where I live called.

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

Well, those living in UK/US/Canada are lucky, since that's where most actors have no problem to go to, but Czech republic is not that interesting for them to even come. So, I kind of gave up hope I'd see these people for real... <.<

Cpt. Jennifer J. Firali

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          Hey, I found a video interview that David did at the Polaris convention. He must have had alot of coffee cause he is constantly moving around, but no complaints from this fan!

http://www.blogtv.com/shows/19471/Ze...wbuTG&pos=ancr

It's a bit over 9 minutes!
                          Thnx for the link. Great to hear that both Davids have plans for the future together. I loved those two in the show...
                          Spoiler:
                          APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                          (YEAR 0 - 100)
                          "O thou Sun,
                          send me as far over the earth
                          as is my pleasure and thine,
                          and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                          but never hear anything of bad ones,
                          nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I will post some photos, of course!

Comment

I'm dead from GUH!! yet again. *points at Rosehawk and Mealla* Yay!! More lovely Radek shots please!! Wooohoooo!! hehe }:O
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the link to David's interview Rosehawk!! Woohoo!! hehe }:O
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X