Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belevision View Post
    I think I read in one of the changes discussion threads that we should probably pass ideas for new C&R threads by the mods first. One of the things they said they wanted to do was reduce the proliferation of threads and also keep the same naming standards. It might be worth asking about when they eventually get around to the Zelenka threads.
    I already asked about Radek's threads. The rest of Atlantis character threads will be dealt with after they do some work on the SG1 threads. The mods spent alot of time on some of the Atlantis threads like the Mckay and Keller threads and felt that they needed to give SG1 some equal time. They are trying to tackle the big threads of both shows first.

I just hope they do Zelenka's threads soon as I am going on vacation shortly and doubt I will be able to post or see posts for a week. I would be so bummed if I missed it for Radek!

Though I think our thread is going to be an easy one, as we don't have a large group of posters on this thread.

Originally posted by belevision
    I'm wondering if they'll be looking at combining this thread with the other Radek appreciation thread that we also post on- what do people think about that? I'd be ok with it since we also talk about David here and that thread gets forgotten a lot. But I'd be ok with leaving them separate if more people wanted that.

They'll probably want us to discuss it when the time comes but I'm curious what other people think.
    I thought about it and while it is nice to have the two seperate threads as one is a bit more fluff and the other should be a bit more serious, we do tend to combine the two on many occasions, it is typically the same posters on both threads and since Zelenka/David's fan base while huge, on the GW threads is rather small, I'm okay with merging the two. I think the name might be an issue as we have the extra addition of 'Translations' to fit in the name.

The thing I liked about the two seperate threads is that it is easier to seperate the character from the actor with two seperate threads.
    I don't mind *thunkin* Zelenka as he is a TV character. I tend to feel a bit more uncomfortable with perceived *thunkin* David as he is a real person with a life and family.

Here's some weekend *THUNK*... from Echoes
    Lovely, just lovely!
    I'zzzz got to get my *thunk* pics pulled out!

Originally posted by Everlovin
    I didn't know he'd left GW. I thought he was busy with RL
    He sent me a PM, he left GW because he doesn't like the new vision statement. I hope he comes back, only time will tell.
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      I already asked about Radek's threads. The rest of Atlantis character threads will be dealt with after they do some work on the SG1 threads. The mods spent alot of time on some of the Atlantis threads like the Mckay and Keller threads and felt that they needed to give SG1 some equal time. They are trying to tackle the big threads of both shows first.

I just hope they do Zelenka's threads soon as I am going on vacation shortly and doubt I will be able to post or see posts for a week. I would be so bummed if I missed it for Radek!
      No *thunking* for a week? You will be missed. I hope you're going somewhere fun!

If they do all the big threads first we'll probably still be on the to-do list when you get back.

Though I think our thread is going to be an easy one, as we don't have a large group of posters on this thread.

I thought about it and while it is nice to have the two seperate threads as one is a bit more fluff and the other should be a bit more serious, we do tend to combine the two on many occasions, it is typically the same posters on both threads and since Zelenka/David's fan base while huge, on the GW threads is rather small, I'm okay with merging the two. I think the name might be an issue as we have the extra addition of 'Translations' to fit in the name.
      I've noticed that some of the other characters' thunk threads got combined with the appreciation threads. They did this with Rodney/DH. But there are others in the SG-1 area that I think they're keeping separate. So it looks like a case-by-case thing. I guess it will all be figured out when the time comes.

The thing I liked about the two seperate threads is that it is easier to seperate the character from the actor with two seperate threads.
      I don't mind *thunkin* Zelenka as he is a TV character. I tend to feel a bit more uncomfortable with perceived *thunkin* David as he is a real person with a life and family.
      I feel exactly the same way about keeping the character/actor separate. I have a lot of respect and admiration for David but I wouldn't dream of *thunking* about him since he's a real person. (This is also why "real person fiction" is not my cup of tea.)

Comment

No *thunking* for a week? You will be missed.
        Yeah, I don't know how I'm going to survive without my daily dose of Zelenka *THUNKIN* If I can get to internet access, I will at least try to check in when the teens are having their evening social hour! Otherwise I will be working on my last chapter of my Radek and Sarah fan fic story in the evening.
        I will be with a group of teens so there is a point where I will just not fit into their conversations!

I hope you're going somewhere fun!
        Yep. Going to Chicago for a week! It's my youth groups present to themselves. We've been together 11 years, some are graduating this year so it is a way for us to celebrate our time together before they move into another journey of their lives. I will still have part of the group next year, this is just the last year with all of us together. Next year, the rest of them graduate and then the we will be done.

If they do all the big threads first we'll probably still be on the to-do list when you get back.
        That's what I'm hoping, though I think they had a target to get these things done by the end of March and I will be gone at the end of March.

I've noticed that some of the other characters' thunk threads got combined with the appreciation threads. They did this with Rodney/DH. But there are others in the SG-1 area that I think they're keeping separate. So it looks like a case-by-case thing. I guess it will all be figured out when the time comes.
        I think they ask the question on the threads on how we want to do it. I didn't follow the Rodney discussion, I just lurk on his thread. Though I know last year the thread got modded because most of the posters were combining the conversations of both threads on just the *thunk* thread and weren't really using his appreciation thread much and some wanted the discussion to stay on seperate threads.
        I'm guessing that since David Nykl's appreciation thread doesn't get as much activity as it use to since most people are now posting convention pics and movie updates on this thread, and with Atlantis now cancelled, they will probably recommend we combine them, however if we really have strong feelings on it they will take that into account.

I would like to keep them seperate, though I don't see where it makes much sense to anymore but maybe that's where the discussion needs to take place.
        a *thunk* thread is suppose to be a fun, silly thread where as the appreciation thread is a bit more serious and actor focused, however David's appreciation thread isn't get alot of traffic anymore, people are coming to this thread as we tend to keep it visibile!

I feel exactly the same way about keeping the character/actor separate. I have a lot of respect and admiration for David but I wouldn't dream of *thunking* about him since he's a real person. (This is also why "real person fiction" is not my cup of tea.)
        I have alot of respect and admiration for David too, even more after I got to meet him in Chicago last August as he is geninuely a really nice person as well as being extremely talented.

*shudders* at the thought of "real person fiction", to me that is fantasy crossing the line.
        *thunkin* the real person is just to close to intruding on their personal space.

And no, I don't see my siggy as being *thunkin* as all it says is the truth "Handsome man!" Fans have said that to David numerous times at conventions as he does look younger and more relaxed in real life then he does on TV as Radek!
        Last edited by Rosehawk; 21 March 2009, 12:34 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how I'm going to survive without my daily dose of Zelenka *THUNKIN* If I can get to internet access, I will at least try to check in when the teens are having their evening social hour! Otherwise I will be working on my last chapter of my Radek and Sarah fan fic story in the evening.
          I will be with a group of teens so there is a point where I will just not fit into their conversations!
          Writing is always something you can do when you can't get online. I actually did some writing the other night because our internet was down for the whole evening and night. When the temptation to check sites is gone, it's amazing how productive I can be.

Yep. Going to Chicago for a week! It's my youth groups present to themselves. We've been together 11 years, some are graduating this year so it is a way for us to celebrate our time together before they move into another journey of their lives. I will still have part of the group next year, this is just the last year with all of us together. Next year, the rest of them graduate and then the we will be done.
          I can imagine it will be a poignant celebration.

And no, I don't see my siggy as being *thunkin* as all it says is the truth "Handsome man!" Fans have said that to David numerous times at conventions as he does look younger and more relaxed in real life then he does on TV as Radek!
          They are each appealing in their own way, this is true.

Comment

Writing is always something you can do when you can't get online. I actually did some writing the other night because our internet was down for the whole evening and night. When the temptation to check sites is gone, it's amazing how productive I can be.
            LOL. I actually get more work done when I can't get on-line. It is so easy to lose track of time on the computer. This weekend though I have alot of computer work to do so it is easy today.
            I have the story to finish - it's a tough one as it takes place back on earth and we find out Sarah's big secret and how it will affect her and Radek's relationship.
            I also am working on a 11-year picture presentation that celebrates all the stuff we did over the years. I literally have thousands of pictures to choose from. So I have plenty to keep me busy during down times.
            I just am not sure if I really want to bring my laptop with us.

LOL, I forgot that I finally shared with the group my love and Sci-fi and I told them who my favorite character was. Apparently one of the Dad's who is also a sci-fi fan remember that and saw David on TV last weekend and point him out as my favorite actor and his daughter had to mention it to me! Thought that was funny as the group thinks I am a 'geek' because I like sci-fi!

I can imagine it will be a poignant celebration.

It will be fun and tough emotionally as they have been a wonderful group to be a part of all these years.

They are each appealing in their own way, this is true.

*THUNK*

Lovely smile, nice dimple!
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hee; he looks like he's saying "Where, oh where are my fangirls?"

Comment

Hee; he looks like he's saying "Where, oh where are my fangirls?"
                  ]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr348/belevision/sga/eatg/HDTVsga-5x20-1947.jpg
                  LOL.
                  He's definitely probably thinking it. We've been rather quiet lately.

We've lost a few of us regulars....

I blame it on the warm weather we are finally getting!
                  sigpic

Comment

I blame it on the warm weather we are finally getting!
                    It's still a bit chilly here, but nice enough if you wear a light jacket.

Comment

It's in the 50's here, so it is light jacket weather and definitely a nice heat spell compared to where we have been all winter. Just two weeks ago we were still having below zero weather.

Just cause I like the facial expression Radek makes!
                      Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

It's in the 50's here, so it is light jacket weather and definitely a nice heat spell compared to where we have been all winter. Just two weeks ago we were still having below zero weather.

Just cause I like the facial expression Radek makes!
                        Love those pics! That's such a great episode.

It's 45 degrees here, the sun's out, and it's snowing. So weird.

Comment

Love those pics! That's such a great episode.
                          'Letters from Pegasus' is one of my favorite Radek episodes. While he caught my attention in '38 Minutes', and I loved him and Rodney together in 'The Storm', 'Letters from Pegasus' was the episode that made me a firm Radek fan!
                          I was so glad they let him do that scene in Czech. Was a really good creative decision.

It's 45 degrees here, the sun's out, and it's snowing. So weird.
                          This weather just can't decide if it is still winter or spring.
                          sigpic

Comment

Quiet tonight...

Comment

Quiet tonight...
                              Yeah, I had Improv class tonight. It was so much fun...there is one person in the class, we are opposites in personality but really seem to click when we do scenes - it's all about the give and take and tonight we had a really fun scene that the whole class loved!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I had Improv class tonight. It was so much fun...there is one person in the class, we are opposites in personality but really seem to click when we do scenes - it's all about the give and take and tonight we had a really fun scene that the whole class loved!
                                That does sound like a lot of fun! Sometimes very different personality types can play off each other really well.

Comment

Working...
                                X