Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Well......this is a *thunk* thread......Radek's eyes did not appear to be on the computer screen....I think he was looking a bit lower.....and watching videos of he and Elizabeth.....well, you can only guess the wonder that will behold him!
    Ah, I think now I get it. The wardrobe dept. would have a quite a lot of work to do, wouldn't they!

Speaking of the videos, I forget whose idea I'd speculated that it was to record them... well, let's see...
    Spoiler:

They both look a little guilty!

Oops, the videos got out to all of Atlantis! Quick, turn off the player!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
      Ah, I think now I get it. The wardrobe dept. would have a quite a lot of work to do, wouldn't they!
      Yes they would!

Originally posted by belevision
      Speaking of the videos, I forget whose idea I'd speculated that it was to record them... well, let's see...
      Spoiler:

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-1x16-0269.jpg
      They both look a little guilty!

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/r...-3x03-2881.jpg
      Oops, the videos got out to all of Atlantis! Quick, turn off the player!
      I love that 2nd one. The Razzie Twist!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

More Pictures!!! yay!

Comment

*THUNK*

sigpic

Comment

Hi! *waves*

Been busy days. But tomorrow I'll get holidays and I'll fly to London. Without seeing David Tennant in Hamlet. But still: London! And Hamlet!
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Yay! *smiles at the pretty pictures* I adore his expression in the last one.

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              Hi! *waves*

Been busy days. But tomorrow I'll get holidays and I'll fly to London. Without seeing David Tennant in Hamlet. But still: London! And Hamlet!
              London is great! I visited there in 1999 and still have fond memories. Have fun!

*back to writing out Christmas cards*

Comment

Some Wondergeeks fun (and seriousness):
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by iolnada
                  Hi! *waves*

*waves* back

Have fun in London! I would love to go back and visit there again someday!

Some Wondergeeks fun (and seriousness):
                  Ahhh, thank you! I am soooooo gonna miss these two Wondergeeks when SGA is done in January!
                  sigpic

Comment

So I wasn't watching my post count and made my 500th post to the Anti-Keller thread by mistake. Whoops. *shamed* So #501 will be here.

Of course, I choose to spend it thunking.
                    Spoiler:

We're all going to die slow, painful deaths as these people remove themselves from the gene pool by means of incompetence.

And by request:

I tried watching that end scene from "Identity" again and

Spoiler:
                    not only do I now not only not see what McKay sees in Keller, I have no idea what Keller sees in McKay. Yes, he was clearly showing off for Keller, but showing off his a**hole streak? Whiskey tango foxtrot, over. *shakes head*

I agree with Carson agreeing with Radek. ^^ Because that? Was actually funny.

Now, off to bed.

DragonLady
                    Last edited by DragonLadyK; 19 December 2008, 10:27 PM.
                    "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Ahhh, thank you! I am soooooo gonna miss these two Wondergeeks when SGA is done in January!
                      I am too! Dreadfully! I really hope those movies get made.

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                      So I wasn't watching my post count and made my 500th post to the Anti-Keller thread by mistake. Whoops. *shamed* So #501 will be here.

Thunking is always a good choice. Gorgeous big pics, and yay swimmer!

Spoiler:
                      not only do I now not only not see what McKay sees in Keller, I have no idea what Keller sees in McKay. Yes, he was clearly showing off for Keller, but showing off his a**hole streak? Whiskey tango foxtrot, over. *shakes head*

Spoiler:
                      Rodney was being awfully smug, which can be a way of showing off. I've known people like that, and it usually makes me want to avoid them as potential mates. That's why, putting myself in Keller's place, I speculated that she was remembering Neeva's "You can do better." as she was smiling at Radek. Of course, I'm not Keller; if I was I'd have gone for Radek in the first place.

Comment

Thunking is always a good choice. Gorgeous big pics, and yay swimmer!
                        Thank you. ^^ I thought you'd like him.

I'm still eagerly anticipating the infirmary-pyjama pics. My source always procrastinates the McKeller epsiodes. She took almost two weeks for "Brain Storm."

Spoiler:
                        Rodney was being awfully smug, which can be a way of showing off. I've known people like that, and it usually makes me want to avoid them as potential mates. That's why, putting myself in Keller's place, I speculated that she was remembering Neeva's "You can do better." as she was smiling at Radek. Of course, I'm not Keller; if I was I'd have gone for Radek in the first place.
                        Hear, hear.

Spoiler:
                        I generally figure that the way a man treats his family and his best friends is how he's going to treat me when the "new" wears off and, sireebob, if my boyfriend's best friend was in the hospital after being stabbed and he treated said best friend like that? Running for the hills. I have no problem with a snarky personality, but that was beyond the pale (and completely flying in the face of everything we've seen in Seasons 1-4 specifically, oh, say, "Tao of Rodney" & "First Strike").

But that's you and me. *points to The Ending spoiler picture for "Enemy at the Gate"* Clearly, not Jennifer.

Unless, of course, the whole point of that scene was to show that Rodney and Radek aren't friends (this is the same writer who broght us Sam's disdain in "Quarantine"), an assertion which lacks continuity. Or makes me wonder what on Earth Rodney's problem is if he doesn't like Zelenka anymore.

Homophobia, perhaps? ~.^

DragonLady
                        Last edited by DragonLadyK; 20 December 2008, 06:50 AM.
                        "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I generally figure that the way a man treats his family and his best friends is how he's going to treat me when the "new" wears off and, sireebob, if my boyfriend's best friend was in the hospital after being stabbed and he treated said best friend like that? Running for the hills. I have no problem with a snarky personality, but that was beyond the pale (and completely flying in the face of everything we've seen in Seasons 1-4 specifically, oh, say, "Tao of Rodney" & "First Strike").

But that's you and me. *points to The Ending spoiler picture for "Enemy at the Gate"* Clearly, not Jennifer.

Unless, of course, the whole point of that scene was to show that Rodney and Radek aren't friends (this is the same writer who broght us Sam's disdain in "Quarantine"), an assertion which lacks continuity. Or makes me wonder what on Earth Rodney's problem is if he doesn't like Zelenka anymore.

Homophobia, perhaps? ~.^

DragonLady
                          Spoiler:
                          To me it seems not so much that he doesn't like Zelenka (or anyone), it's that he's so extremely focused on either himself or something he wants, to the exclusion of considering the other people around him. There are a lot of people like that (and I've even had to work on recognizing those tendencies within myself when they crop up). They often end up lonely without understanding why, or they go through a lot of short-term serial relationships and never know why things don't work out long-term.

And yes, that kind of self-centeredness gets me running for the hills. Even if he's focusing on me for the moment, I might be easily pushed aside for the next shiny thing, or always used as an ego prop.

The differences in how the writers see the characters is a good explanation for the inconsistency between episodes though. (I've read similar frustration from viewers about how different writers portray Keller.) Unless... they're intending to show Rodney's character evolving then suddenly regressing from time to time. That kind of cycling can be very frustrating to watch though (both in real life and fiction).

Ok, some *THUNK* to counterbalance all the heavy analysis I just did.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Congradulations!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                            Good choice!

Spoiler:
                            http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/DragonLadyK/Berlinghoff/dtsg1_186.jpg
                            We're all going to die slow, painful deaths as these people remove themselves from the gene pool by means of incompetence.
                            LOL. Love this picture!

And by request:
                            Spoiler:
                            *claps hands* Oh goody. thanks!

Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree, I don't see what Keller sees in McKay. I just think she is young, hasn't had alot of good relationships and is probably drawn to Rodney because he reminds her of someone. They are both lonely and insecure people, that sometimes is enough to create an attraction.

Spoiler:
                            It was! And the looks on both of their faces was great!

And now to go shovel snow for the umpteenth time this month....it's going to be a long winter.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Where is everyone????

I'm stuck inside the next few days......Help!

Well, guess I can't complain too much, just put in a Zelenka episode and I should be fine!
                              sigpic

Comment

I am in London! Just saw Patrick Stewart and Edwart Bennett (Replacement for David Tennant) in Hamlet, and this morning (coincidence, coincidence ) Burn Gorman was with us at the same breakfast buffet!
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X