Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
    Okay people...here under the cut is the first little part of my Halloween Radek and his brother story. Please feel free to add suggestions.

Spoiler:
    Radek was always suspicious of his younger brother Tomas and he was even more so when Tomas returned home after school and went straight to his room without eating. Closing his book, Radek heaved a heavy sigh and mounted the wooden stairs up to where he and Tomas had their rooms.

“Tomas?” he called, gently tapping on his brother’s door.

“Leave me, Radek.” Tomas said.

He was even more concerned now and opened the door anyway. Tomas was flopped on his bed starring dully up at the ceiling.

“Tomas, please tell me what’s going on. If you broke something again, I can fix it.” Radek coaxed. His brother had an unerring ability to find expensive things and break them. He personally had become adept at cleaning up his little brother’s messes and figured it was more of the same.

Tomas swung his legs over the side of the bed and sat up as he buried his face in his hands. “I didn’t break something, Radek...I almost wish I had. It would be so much easier...”

“So much easier than what?!? Tomas, you are locked up tighter than Father’s liquor cabinet! Out with it already!”

His younger brother heaved a dramatic sigh and Radek wondered if Tomas had missed his calling to be in theater. “I was talking to Janos Nevrelka...”

Radek rolled his eyes. Janos Nevrelka was nothing more than a bully who loved to pick on people and lord his superiority because his family had connections to royalty somewhere in their family. However, as Radek’s father was fond of saying, one could not eat a family pedigree chart and the Nevrelka’s were just as bad off as they were.

“What did he say?”

Tomas fidgeted. “He said that I was a coward and that I would never be brave.”

“What did you say back?” Radek asked cautiously. Tomas could be a bit of a hothead and he hoped his brother hadn’t said something to Janos.

“I said that I was brave and that I would do anything...so he gave me something to do.” Tomas finished, looking slightly ill.

“What did he ask you to do, Tomas?”

“He told me to go to the Charles Bridge at midnight on All Saint’s Night and I said I would do it..” the younger boy whispered.

Radek’s eyes widened. “Tomas, you cannot do that! It is dangerous enough to sneak out at night but the Charles Bridge! What were you thinking?!?”

Tomas hung his head. “I have to do it, Radek.”

“Oh no you don’t. You sneak out and I will tell Father.” Radek warned.

“Radek, I have to! If I don’t, Janos will tell everyone and then...” Tomas trailed off.

“And then you will be a coward in front of Cristina.” Radek finished.

His brother flushed red and Radek sighed. “At least try and be smart about it, Tomas. Let me help you plan, all right?”

Tomas nodded eagerly, then smiled. “Come with me, Radek!”

“Oh no...no no no no no!” Radek said rapidly, throwing his hands up in the air. “An emergency on YOUR part does not make an emergency on mine!”

Tomas set his jaw in a stubborn expression Radek was all too familiar with it. It was the same look that his brother had when he lit the 10 matches that had burned the house down. “I will tell Mother and Father that you helped me and you will be in worse trouble.” Tomas threatened.

Sometimes, Radek hated how right his brother was. Since he was older, he would indeed be in far worse trouble than Tomas would.

“Fine. I will come with you, brat.” Radek spat.

“I knew you would.” Tomas said with breezy confidence.

“Tomas, if we get caught and I suffer for this, I will do far worse to your reputation than Janos Nevrelka ever could.” he told his brother in an ominous voice. “Am I clear?”

Tomas gulped and nodded. “Whatever you say, big brother.”

Leaving Tomas’s room, Radek didn’t believe him for a second but at least Tomas would take what he had to say seriously. In the meantime, he had plans to make...
    Great start to the story! Looking forward to more. Are you planning on posting it on FF.net or LJ?
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Probably post it on ff.net
      Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
      SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Okay people...here under the cut is the first little part of my Halloween Radek and his brother story. Please feel free to add suggestions.
        Cute story; I look forward to reading what happens next. This bit especially made me laugh:

Spoiler:
        “Oh no...no no no no no!” Radek said rapidly, throwing his hands up in the air. “An emergency on YOUR part does not make an emergency on mine!”

I'm sure he's thought that same thing plenty of times on Atlantis!

Comment

Hey DragonLadyK,

Sanctuary is out on IMDb for free. Here's the link for Kush if you want to watch.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1919680537/
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
            Chuck's pic is going to be a tad bit difficult. It was a hug, cheek to cheek shot - he was giving all the women hugs. Let me see what I can do, it will take me a bit. I have to head out for a bit, my daughter needs a ride to a friends house.

BTW, I like chocolate cupcakes!
            No rush, and don't worry about it if it's difficult.

*hands over chocolate fudge cupcakes with extra chocolate frosting and dark chocolate shavings on top, regardless*

*passes around a plate of them to everyone*

In many fanfics I've read, chocolate is very popular and sometimes rare on Atlantis, and Radek likes it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              Hey DragonLadyK,

Sanctuary is out on IMDb for free. Here's the link for Kush if you want to watch.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi1919680537/
              Ha, I was just about to post this for DragonLady!

http://www.hulu.com/sanctuary

Great minds think alike, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                No rush, and don't worry about it if it's difficult.
                Got it done, not difficult, just had to leave for a bit. Sorry about taking me out of the pic. I am just not comfortable being out on the internet or sending pics to people I haven't met.

Spoiler:

Yes, my cheeks were really red and my dimples really big from the grin I had on my face. I had just been laughing my a$$ off. My friend had her picture taken with Chuck just before me. Chuck was personally greeting everyone with eye contact and something nice to say. He was hugging all the women and shaking hands with the men. Anyway, my friend is not a touchy type person and she did not want a hug and told Chuck so. Chuck was okay with that but everyone in the room could tell he was going to do something, he just had a mischevious look in his eye. When the photographer got ready to take the picture, Chuck went up to her and gave her a great big sloppy cheek kiss. She wasn't expecting it and her surprised look was priceless. And afterwards Chuck's reaction like is she gonna hit me or not was just fantastic - those are the type of things fans treasure when meeting actors. Anyway I was laughing soooooo hard all the way through her photo op that my face was blushed when it was my turn.

And to keep this slightly more on topic. Later that night Chuck and Alexis joined Fans in the lobby for a beer and some conversation. Chuck sat right in front of me. In the course of the conversation he asked who else was appearing and we told him David Nykl and Ben Browder. His face changed expression and he told us that we would love David. He mentioned how intellegent David was and that he likes going to museums, which David did check out at least one museum as he posted about it on his blog. Chuck just had alot of really nice things to say about David and he even shared a David story or two.

Just makes this fangirl feel good about picking a nice actor (actually two actors) to squee*

Originally posted by belevision
                *hands over chocolate fudge cupcakes with extra chocolate frosting and dark chocolate shavings on top, regardless*

*passes around a plate of them to everyone*

In many fanfics I've read, chocolate is very popular and sometimes rare on Atlantis, and Radek likes it a lot.
                Yummm, thank you. These are delicious.
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 25 October 2008, 10:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Great minds think alike, etc.
                  LOL! Yes we do! Especially with sharing the Radek love around!
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Radek was always suspicious of his younger brother Tomas and he was even more so when Tomas returned home after school and went straight to his room without eating. Closing his book, Radek heaved a heavy sigh and mounted the wooden stairs up to where he and Tomas had their rooms.

“Tomas?” he called, gently tapping on his brother’s door.

“Leave me, Radek.” Tomas said.

He was even more concerned now and opened the door anyway. Tomas was flopped on his bed starring dully up at the ceiling.

“Tomas, please tell me what’s going on. If you broke something again, I can fix it.” Radek coaxed. His brother had an unerring ability to find expensive things and break them. He personally had become adept at cleaning up his little brother’s messes and figured it was more of the same.

Tomas swung his legs over the side of the bed and sat up as he buried his face in his hands. “I didn’t break something, Radek...I almost wish I had. It would be so much easier...”

“So much easier than what?!? Tomas, you are locked up tighter than Father’s liquor cabinet! Out with it already!”

His younger brother heaved a dramatic sigh and Radek wondered if Tomas had missed his calling to be in theater. “I was talking to Janos Nevrelka...”

Radek rolled his eyes. Janos Nevrelka was nothing more than a bully who loved to pick on people and lord his superiority because his family had connections to royalty somewhere in their family. However, as Radek’s father was fond of saying, one could not eat a family pedigree chart and the Nevrelka’s were just as bad off as they were.

“What did he say?”

Tomas fidgeted. “He said that I was a coward and that I would never be brave.”

“What did you say back?” Radek asked cautiously. Tomas could be a bit of a hothead and he hoped his brother hadn’t said something to Janos.

“I said that I was brave and that I would do anything...so he gave me something to do.” Tomas finished, looking slightly ill.

“What did he ask you to do, Tomas?”

“He told me to go to the Charles Bridge at midnight on All Saint’s Night and I said I would do it..” the younger boy whispered.

Radek’s eyes widened. “Tomas, you cannot do that! It is dangerous enough to sneak out at night but the Charles Bridge! What were you thinking?!?”

Tomas hung his head. “I have to do it, Radek.”

“Oh no you don’t. You sneak out and I will tell Father.” Radek warned.

“Radek, I have to! If I don’t, Janos will tell everyone and then...” Tomas trailed off.

“And then you will be a coward in front of Cristina.” Radek finished.

His brother flushed red and Radek sighed. “At least try and be smart about it, Tomas. Let me help you plan, all right?”

Tomas nodded eagerly, then smiled. “Come with me, Radek!”

Tomas set his jaw in a stubborn expression Radek was all too familiar with it. It was the same look that his brother had when he lit the 10 matches that had burned the house down. “I will tell Mother and Father that you helped me and you will be in worse trouble.” Tomas threatened.

Sometimes, Radek hated how right his brother was. Since he was older, he would indeed be in far worse trouble than Tomas would.

“Fine. I will come with you, brat.” Radek spat.

“I knew you would.” Tomas said with breezy confidence.

“Tomas, if we get caught and I suffer for this, I will do far worse to your reputation than Janos Nevrelka ever could.” he told his brother in an ominous voice. “Am I clear?”

Tomas gulped and nodded. “Whatever you say, big brother.”

Leaving Tomas’s room, Radek didn’t believe him for a second but at least Tomas would take what he had to say seriously. In the meantime, he had plans to make...
                    Nice dancer!
                    sigpic

Comment

Rosehawk- thanks for sharing! Chuck and David are both so cute. It's great that they like interacting with fans so much!

Comment

Rosehawk- thanks for sharing! Chuck and David are both so cute. It's great that they like interacting with fans so much!
                        You're welcome!

David and Chuck are both really nice people to meet and if they got overwhelmed with the fanbase they sure didn't show it! Actually all the actors that went to Chicago this past August were great with fans, it's just that David's and Chuck's were extra special.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi *thunkers*! Everyone out enjoying the day? Just got back from a lovely fall foliage walk, and ready for some *thunk*.

Spoiler:

: *snores*
                          : *kicks Rodney* *whispers* Rodney! Wake up!

: *hisses* I wasn't asleep!
                          : *loudly* Oh, yes, you were!
                          : Gentlemen?

: Now you got us in trouble!
                          : I wasn't the one sleeping through the meeting.
                          : Gentlemen! I want to see you both after we're done here.

: I hope you're happy, Rodney. We're being sent offworld for 6 weeks as punishment. No labs, no Ancient doodads...

*Beckett sniffles and blows his nose in a handkerchief*
                          : What's the matter, Carson?
                          : I'm being sent on leave too, since the infirmary won't be needed with you gone, Rodney. I'll miss everyone here so much!
                          : What about Sheppard? He's always getting whumped!

: He's being sent offworld with us. They do want us back in one piece. Well, two pieces. And he's not happy at being assigned babysitting duty, Rodney.
                          : *gulps nervously*

Comment

Hi *thunkers*! Everyone out enjoying the day? Just got back from a lovely fall foliage walk, and ready for some *thunk*.

Spoiler:

: *snores*
                            : *kicks Rodney* *whispers* Rodney! Wake up!

: *hisses* I wasn't asleep!
                            : *loudly* Oh, yes, you were!
                            : Gentlemen?

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_118_076.JPG
                            : Now you got us in trouble!
                            : I wasn't the one sleeping through the meeting.
                            : Gentlemen! I want to see you both after we're done here.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_0900.JPG
                            : I hope you're happy, Rodney. We're being sent offworld for 6 weeks as punishment. No labs, no Ancient doodads...

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_0929.JPG
                            *Beckett sniffles and blows his nose in a handkerchief*
                            : What's the matter, Carson?
                            : I'm being sent on leave too, since the infirmary won't be needed with you gone, Rodney. I'll miss everyone here so much!
                            : What about Sheppard? He's always getting whumped!

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_310_0904.JPG
                            : He's being sent offworld with us. They do want us back in one piece. Well, two pieces. And he's not happy at being assigned babysitting duty, Rodney.
                            : *gulps nervously*

Spoiler:
                            What they didn't know was that there was a secret stowaway in the jumper that took them off-world. It was , who had sex with all the time except for eight days

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              What they didn't know was that there was a secret stowaway in the jumper that took them off-world. It was , who had sex with all the time except for eight days
                              Bwahahaha! ...
                              Spoiler:
                              *McKay rolls his eyes at the noises coming from the locked jumper*

: Rodney, just ignore it.

: It's just not fair! How is he being punished? This is like a little romantic getaway to them. *looks disgusted*

: Well, you are the one who really should get the punishment, after all.

: Oh, this is plenty of punishment. I consider myself well and truly spanked. *shouts to jumper* I'm sorry, can you stop now and can we go back home, please?

(There is no reply, and the noises continue as the jumper rocks from side to side.)

: Oh, he turned off those inertial dampeners on purpose!

: *loud sigh*

: And what about you? What are you upset about?

: Besides having to listen to you? The beer is in the jumper! I could really use some, right now.

Comment

Bwahahaha! ...
                                Spoiler:
                                *McKay rolls his eyes at the noises coming from the locked jumper*

: Rodney, just ignore it.

: It's just not fair! How is he being punished? This is like a little romantic getaway to them. *looks disgusted*

: Well, you are the one who really should get the punishment, after all.

: Oh, this is plenty of punishment. I consider myself well and truly spanked. *shouts to jumper* I'm sorry, can you stop now and can we go back home, please?

(There is no reply, and the noises continue as the jumper rocks from side to side.)

: Oh, he turned off those inertial dampeners on purpose!

: *loud sigh*

: And what about you? What are you upset about?

: Besides having to listen to you? The beer is in the jumper! I could really use some, right now.
                                Spoiler:
                                And now let's add a bit of McShep and everything will be fine

Comment

Working...
                                X