Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    What's even more spectacular is Radek going on a space walk!
    Wasn't he absolutely awesome in that episode?

Spoiler:

Originally posted by schweinsty View Post
    Hi, everyone . Yummy pics there. Heh, I wish I'd spent the weekend partying - spent it studying for midterms instead. . Eh well. So how are you all doing?
    I'm actually off work this week, and trying not to get sick! Everyone around me is sick with colds.

Whatcha studying? Zelenkology? or Radamathmatics? What ever you are study, don't forget to double 'Czech' your answers, it could be fun sneakin' a peak at the answers!
    I would take those classes! I guess that's kind of what we study here, too.

Edited to add: Woo hoo, it's my 300th post! And it's here!

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
      Wasn't he absolutely awesome in that episode?
      Awesome indeed! *drools*

Originally posted by belevision
      I'm actually off work this week, and trying not to get sick! Everyone around me is sick with colds.
      Well you know what they say. A Zelenka a day keeps the colds away!

Lucky you, getting to take off from work. Mine so hectic right now that if I take one day off, or even a half a day I'm afraid of what I might come back to! Though taking Friday off is still looking good (I hope).....

Congradulations. Hummmm, 300 posts, that earns you a clone my friend. Give me a few days to get the Zelenka cloning machine going........
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Congrats!

Congradulations. Hummmm, 300 posts, that earns you a clone my friend. Give me a few days to get the Zelenka cloning machine going........
        What?! I thought it was 300 posts on the Zelenka thread alone, without any other threads counting. *facepalm*

Anyway, since there was no way for me to wait until 300 Zelenkaposts, I just got myself this a while back:

Spoiler:

And now some more tux pics.

Spoiler:

I swear the man was a cat in his past life. That's the same "but I'm so cute when I'm evil" look I've been given by every evil cat I've ever known.

And...

Spoiler:

DragonLady, the Procrastinator Extraordinaire
        Last edited by DragonLadyK; 20 October 2008, 08:09 PM.
        "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Woo hoo! Pictures!

D4dD-the Anthropology Procratinator
          Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
          SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Excellent; that will be just in time for me to take him back to work with me. He can give me shoulder and foot rubs while I sit at my desk. Everyone will be so envious!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
            What?! I thought it was 300 posts on the Zelenka thread alone, without any other threads counting. *facepalm*
            I'm almost halfway there, in that case.

Cute pics all around, DragonLady!

Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
              *squee* The Silent Conversation (Sam excluded) from "Reunion." ^^

In the Ronon-packing scene Ronon has to look for his gun amongst the pillows in the middle of the day. In my own personal fanon, that's because Radek chucked it at his head for a) trusting blindly in his possibly-compromised friends and b) not consulting him before deciding leaving Atlantis was on the table.

But that's me. ^^

DragonLady
              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

*Waves to schweinsty* Doing well. Getting ready for sleepytime, got to get up in four hours for work. Should have been in bed a few hours ago, but oh well.....I'm hoping to take Friday off as a vacation day but that depends on work which is very busy and stressful right now, hence why I should have been sleeping a few hours ago.

Whatcha studying? Zelenkology? or Radamathmatics? What ever you are study, don't forget to double 'Czech' your answers, it could be fun sneakin' a peak at the answers!

Good Luck with midterms.
                Hope your work gets less unstressful .

I'm actually just studying boring old History/English, but I'd be very interested in those. Hmmm, maybe a class on Whumpism and Thunkology too. .

Hope you don't get sick! And congrats!!

Edit: Congrats to you too, DragonLady!

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  *squee* The Silent Conversation (Sam excluded) from "Reunion." ^^

In the Ronon-packing scene Ronon has to look for his gun amongst the pillows in the middle of the day. In my own personal fanon, that's because Radek chucked it at his head for a) trusting blindly in his possibly-compromised friends and b) not consulting him before deciding leaving Atlantis was on the table.

But that's me. ^^

DragonLady
                  I buy that completely! To back it up...
                  Spoiler:

Radek was obviously camped out in the gateroom waiting for him to come back.

The expression speaks for itself.

They have some time to talk things over on the trip down...

By the time they land, they've made up.

Ronon will make it up to him in other ways, later on.

Comment

Hummmm, makes sense but how would you monitor it? I sure as heck aint' gonna go back and count all the posts and if someone frequents the *thunk* thread alot, then it seems like it makes sense to get one when you hit 300 posts.

Seems you have also earned a clone....... (I don't pay alot of attention to post counts so you have to say something)
                    Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                    Anyway, since there was no way for me to wait until 300 Zelenkaposts, I just got myself this a while back:
                    Hence my comment above, if you spend time on the thread, have 300 plus posts you should get a clone of your favorite *THUNK*

I swear the man was a cat in his past life. That's the same "but I'm so cute when I'm evil" look I've been given by every evil cat I've ever known.
                    *snickers*

Originally posted by schweinsty
                    Hope your work gets less unstressful.
                    No chance on that in the near future. We are getting some new equipment on line and moving products from one country to another country.

Basically you don't want to be the reason for the project to get delayed in anyway or if target dates are missed.

Luckily I work better and I am more creative under pressure. This is the kind of stuff I like doing because it is always something new, challenging and not just maintaince type work. It just sometimes makes for long days and I come home tired.

Though coming home to some of these lovely *thunk* pics that were posted today, is enough to make the stress just slip away.......

Originally posted by schweinsty
                    I'm actually just studying boring old History/English, but I'd be very interested in those. Hmmm, maybe a class on Whumpism and Thunkology too.
                    I wouldn't call those classes boring...I took some English writing courses a few years ago, thought I would hate them and I ended up loving them.
                    And then there's the prefan classes...the intermediate fan classes and then the advance fan classes on just how fans are suppose to drool over their favorite *thunks* - not to be confused with Thunkology which is the study of the *thunk* himself
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL. I'm not into slash but that was great! Nice belevision and Dragonlady
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't call those classes boring...I took some English writing courses a few years ago, thought I would hate them and I ended up loving them.
                        And then there's the prefan classes...the intermediate fan classes and then the advance fan classes on just how fans are suppose to drool over their favorite *thunks* - not to be confused with Thunkology which is the study of the *thunk* himself
                        Oh, I think they're plenty fun, but there's just no comparison to Fannish Studies. Hmm, and instead of a thesis, I suppose you'd go to a Convention instead? Now *that* would make a nice project....

Banners by Luciana, Nici and myself.

Comment

Spoiler:

Radek was obviously camped out in the gateroom waiting for him to come back.

The expression speaks for itself.

They have some time to talk things over on the trip down...

By the time they land, they've made up.

Ronon will make it up to him in other ways, later on.
                          See? Exactly. Makes perfect sense to me, and a lot more sense even without slash goggles than Certain Canon Ships. ~.^

Spoiler:

Zelenka isn't in the Group Shot for EtG. This worries me. *frets*

DragonLady

Comment

LOL. I'm not into slash but that was great! Nice belevision and Dragonlady
                            Hee, thanks.

Oh, I think they're plenty fun, but there's just no comparison to Fannish Studies. Hmm, and instead of a thesis, I suppose you'd go to a Convention instead? Now *that* would make a nice project....
                            A convention sounds like the best kind of field trip!

See? Exactly. Makes perfect sense to me, and a lot more sense even without slash goggles than Certain Canon Ships. ~.^

Spoiler:

Warning, 5.20 spoiler talk:
                            Spoiler:

I know. Like I said to someone on LJ, if they off him I won't watch the movie, because I wouldn't be able to bear it. That picture wouldn't be so worrisome if a certain PTB hadn't mentioned in his blog that someone is going to die in the last ep. I'm just hoping he was yanking fandom's chain, as he often does, or that the someone is one of the many nameless casualties that we often see and he's just trying to get fandom riled up.

Comment

Hummmm, makes sense but how would you monitor it? I sure as heck aint' gonna go back and count all the posts and if someone frequents the *thunk* thread alot, then it seems like it makes sense to get one when you hit 300 posts.
                              Actually, if you hover your mouse pointer over the little envelope to the left of the thread name (in the list of threads, either in the forum sections or in your control panel subscriptions list), it will pop up how many posts you have in that thread.

All us regulars here should have a clone though.

Comment

Then I suppose I should have my Masters degree by now as I went to the Chicago convention last August and actually got to meet my *THUNK* It was so embarassing and so much fun all at the same time! And David really is as nice as people say he is, even Chuck said so!

Actually, if you hover your mouse pointer over the little envelope to the left of the thread name (in the list of threads, either in the forum sections or in your control panel subscriptions list), it will pop up how many posts you have in that thread.
                                Damn, I've been on this thread almost three years and never knew that! Wow, always good to learn something new!

All us regulars here should have a clone though.
                                I agree!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                It bugged me too when I saw that, especially because I think that is Sam also in the picture and she's not a regular anymore. But I am not too worried, yet.

I noticed Lorne was also not in the picture. I just don't think that TPTB think highly enough of Zelenka and Lorne to be in the pictures. Remember last year they were putting Keller in the promos and she was a secondary character then and not a fan favorite in S4 and they ignored Zelenka who was (and still is) a fan favorite character.

It sucks because Zelenka is one of the most popular secondary characters next to Janet in SG1 and Lorne is up there as being pretty popular as well. I'm guessing that they want to make sure that McKay stays the most popular scientist (which he will) and Sheppard will stay the most popular military (which he will) so they ignore their secondary counterparts.

Spoiler:
                                I know. Like I said to someone on LJ, if they off him I won't watch the movie, because I wouldn't be able to bear it. That picture wouldn't be so worrisome if a certain PTB hadn't mentioned in his blog that someone is going to die in the last ep. I'm just hoping he was yanking fandom's chain, as he often does, or that the someone is one of the many nameless casualties that we often see and he's just trying to get fandom riled up.
                                Spoiler:

I am assuming you are talking about Joe..do you know which post it was...Joe likes to yank chains but what he says is usually criptic - someone dying could be Todd, Michael, Chuck, Banks, one of the nurses we see alot - doesn't mean it would be Zelenka...though Zelenka would probably have the strongest emotional impact on the fan base if they were stupid enough to off him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X