No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK ... (dopey) American question here : are 'plasters' the hard, permanent thing you need when you have a full break or just a temporary thing? (Luckily, <knock on wood> I've never needed anything like that, so I have no clue what they do when you get hurt that badly.)
    A "plaster" is a band aid

Tal : Hi! Long time no see! <waves>
    Been lurking

Working on www.fannishinquisition.com if anyone wants to submit a report from Dragon*Con from a Stargate fan perspective that'd be cool. You can also listen to my David Nykl interview without all the other bits now if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      LOL. Anything to see David again, huh!

You don't know just how tempting it is to want to go to NJ to see David and Chuck again!

Temptation is a good thing ... don't worry about all those pesky "morals" - they just slow ya down!
      : How much time do you need?
      : ...a week... : ...a couple of hours.
      : I'll take the second estimate. Go.
      to : What are you? Union?

My LJ Got Ghosts? Gadzooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
        A "plaster" is a band aid
        How do you guys get plaster out of a band aid?

Originally posted by Tal
        Been lurking

Working on www.fannishinquisition.com if anyone wants to submit a report from Dragon*Con from a Stargate fan perspective that'd be cool. You can also listen to my David Nykl interview without all the other bits now if you want.
        Nice seeing you again! Will check out David's interview.

Originally posted by Pajus
        What if I made you go into these jokes?
        Maybe

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        I felt a complete idiot later because I had to put plasters on my knees, I haven't had plasters on my knees since I was 6
        Something to make you feel better!
        Spoiler:

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Mmm, thank you Rosehawk for posting those. I love The Game; it's such a crackalicious episode in so many ways. Love that scene where Elizabeth comes in...
          Spoiler:
          although it really should have ended with the three of them in a tangled heap on the floor.

There really need to be more scenes with Radek and Lorne in the show, in general- they are great together!

Comment

Maybe
            Okay, let's have a try: The tube was made of steel, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Okay, let's have a try: The tube was made of steel, wasn't it?
              Ummmm, yeah, why?

BTW, it wasn't a tube. It was a cylindar drum about 3 feet in diameter and about 6 feet long, basically the size of a man!

Originally posted by belevision
              There really need to be more scenes with Radek and Lorne in the show, in general- they are great together!
              It would be nice. Lorne is Reefgirl's other *THUNK*.

Actually, I think Radek works well with all the characters on Atlantis! His character is such a good transitional character and just seems to fit in where ever needed. So great for us fangirls!

Hey remember last year when the bridge collapsed over here. It made Global news. Just alittle over a year after that, the new bridge is done and opens up tomorrow!
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Ummmm, yeah, why?

BTW, it wasn't a tube. It was a cylindar drum about 3 feet in diameter and about 6 feet long, basically the size of a man!
                Sooo. The cylinder was long, thick and hard, wasn't it?

Comment

Something to make you feel better!
                  Spoiler:

Oooh, much better

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                  Mmm, thank you Rosehawk for posting those. I love The Game; it's such a crackalicious episode in so many ways. Love that scene where Elizabeth comes in...
                  Spoiler:
                  although it really should have ended with the three of them in a tangled heap on the floor.

I so agree with that spoilered comment, I did write a fic along those lines once

Comment

Hey remember last year when the bridge collapsed over here. It made Global news. Just alittle over a year after that, the new bridge is done and opens up tomorrow!
                    If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was a terrible disaster! And it made everyone look at their own local bridges and realize how close they all are to falling apart too.

Sooo. The cylinder was long, thick and hard, wasn't it?
                    Pajus, you are a true servant of the smut side.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    I so agree with that spoilered comment, I did write a fic along those lines once
                    Linkity linkity please? I want to read a fic along those lines.

Comment

Ummmm, yeah, why?
                      It was a cylindar drum about 3 feet in diameter and about 6 feet long, basically the size of a man!

Ooh, Ooh! I know what it is! It's my clone-tank! Thank you for starting him, Rosehawk! *kiss-kiss* {hug-hug} If I'm a very good girl, can I get him for Christmas! ( ... Or would being "naughty" work faster? )

Actually, I think Radek works well with all the characters on Atlantis! His character is such a good transitional character and just seems to fit in where ever needed. So great for us fangirls!
                      I think he's happy to be in a place where he can work on (mostly) peaceful projects and not be afraid of his supervisors and that keeps him pleasant. (And, having a whole list of fangirls in your dating pool doesn't hurt either! )

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                        Linkity linkity please? I want to read a fic along those lines.
                        Spoiler:
                        http://reefgirluk.livejournal.com/11347.html#cutid1

Not one of my best, I've been thinking about rewriting it, now that I'm used to writing more explicit Slash

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          http://reefgirluk.livejournal.com/11347.html#cutid1

Not one of my best, I've been thinking about rewriting it, now that I'm used to writing more explicit Slash
                          I liked it! If you do rewrite it, I'd be interested in reading that too.
                          Spoiler:
                          Explicit Slash is always a good thing in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeygirl406 View Post
                            Ooh, Ooh! I know what it is! It's my clone-tank! Thank you for starting him, Rosehawk! *kiss-kiss* {hug-hug} If I'm a very good girl, can I get him for Christmas! ( ... Or would being "naughty" work faster? )
                            That would definitely help

I think he's happy to be in a place where he can work on (mostly) peaceful projects and not be afraid of his supervisors and that keeps him pleasant. (And, having a whole list of fangirls in your dating pool doesn't hurt either! )
                            When it comes down to it, David has the same problem as you do: He's married

Comment

That would definitely help
                              I'll keep that in mind, Pajus! Of course, if I lose the rest of my gifts and get a bag of rocks, I am totally blaming you!

When it comes down to it, David has the same problem as you do: He's married
                              Now, now - let's not dance too close to that fine line between RL & fantasy ... I was talking about Radek being happy, not DN, himself. And, being married is great ... even if it did take me a 2nd try to find the right person! (The best thing is having an extra person there to walk the dog in the rain! ) Gotta love the hubby - he's gonna be the camera-man for the Con while I'm swooning & squeeing!

Comment

Now, now - let's not dance too close to that fine line between RL & fantasy ... I was talking about Radek being happy, not DN, himself. And, being married is great ... even if it did take me a 2nd try to find the right person! (The best thing is having an extra person there to walk the dog in the rain! ) Gotta love the hubby - he's gonna be the camera-man for the Con while I'm swooning & squeeing!
                                If you had something with Radek, I think Elizabeth would exact some kind of revenge

Comment

Working...
                                X