Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    Spoiler:

We got to see the Shrine at the Chicago convention a few hours before it air'd on TV. People were disappointed that Zelenka just got a walk through. Someone asked David about it during his talk on Sunday. He hadn't seen the Shrine so he didn't know all of his scenes were cut so the first he heard it was Sunday on stage. He joked about still getting paid for his work but I suspect as an actor it still had to be somewhat disappointing to have his work cut. At least the fans told him that they missed him in the episode.
    He didn't know why his scenes were cut and said the one big scene he was talking to Rodney about the ninth chevron.
    Someone else in the SG franchise posted on their blog how disappointed they were the scenes were cut, they were cut for time, not content and he hoped the scene would make it in the deleted scenes on S5's DVD's. Sounds like it was a fun one!
    Spoiler:
    Simple. Scruffy genius was cut to make room for Whining baby

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
    WOO HOO! Radek is out of the hospital and Ilya is doing a lot better. *dances around in glee*
    They're sooooooo lucky. I had to spend the first six months of my life in a hospital. Wish their mother good luck and lots of patience - she'll need it.

Comment

WOO HOO! Radek is out of the hospital and Ilya is doing a lot better. *dances around in glee*
      That's great news

Comment

*Looks at Reef's siggy* What?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=j50ZssEojtM

LHC starts today!
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
            Hey, it might not be so bad ... The project's not named "Arcturus" - that's a step in the right direction!

Dancer4Daniel : Congrats on Radek coming home! Good for him! Hopefully, Ilya will be very quick to follow!
            : How much time do you need?
            : ...a week... : ...a couple of hours.
            : I'll take the second estimate. Go.
            to : What are you? Union?

My LJ Got Ghosts? Gadzooks!

Comment

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdest...eworldyet.com/

Bwahahahahahaha!
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

We're hoping so, but Radek really surprised everyone with how quickly he gained weight and got better. Ilya's getting there thankfully, and LOL to the world not ending.
                Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
                SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

dancer_4_daniel: I don't think I've spoken to you before, but I'm glad your nephews are doing better. Love good news about little babies.

Some *thunk* for today- in honor of the LHC it's from Trinity
                  Spoiler:

Poor Collins was still around in this shot...

Where does the "Lick Here" and the arrow go? Pick your spot.

Comment

That's fantastic news! Just don't trip as you dance around, your legs have been through enough!

Originally posted by Pajus
                    Spoiler:
                    Simple. Scruffy genius was cut to make room for Whining baby

Spoiler:
                    Not in this case cause the great scene that was cut was both Radek and Rodney. From what I understand it was a pretty good one for both of them, kind of showed how well the two David's really work together!

Checks around....ummmm, doesn't she have a birthday coming up, one that celebrates one of those milestones!
                    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Not in this case cause the great scene that was cut was both Radek and Rodney. From what I understand it was a pretty good one for both of them, kind of showed how well the two David's really work together!
                      Spoiler:
                      I think he means that the scenes showing Radek's friendship with McKay were cut so as to clear the time for showing how wonderful Keller and McKay are together and that she's his One Twue Wuv who knows him even better than his friends and family-- Ugh. *makes face*

Sorry. I'm having CSI/GSR flashbacks. Pardon my Keller-overload.

Now for the far more important and pleasant business of thunking. DN mentioned on his blog that Zelenka will be in both "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate." Yay!

Though I'm on eggshells hoping Radek doesn't get killed off. *crosses fingers* Just have to make it through one more season and Operation Can't Be Jossed is a go.

To celebrate two babies on the mend, smiling Radek!

Spoiler:

DragonLady
                      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                        Though I'm on eggshells hoping Radek doesn't get killed off. *crosses fingers* Just have to make it through one more season and Operation Can't Be Jossed is a go.

Oh god I know, they can't kill him off!

Those pictures were joyous! They certainly made me smile too.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I think he means that the scenes showing Radek's friendship with McKay were cut so as to clear the time for showing how wonderful Keller and McKay are together and that she's his One Twue Wuv who knows him even better than his friends and family-- Ugh. *makes face*

Sorry. I'm having CSI/GSR flashbacks. Pardon my Keller-overload.
                          Yep, I got it. I have a tendency to stay away from the bashing (though I've been guilty of it once or twice especially with Keller 'cause her being made a regular and getting all the promotion work while Radek was still kept regulated to the background has me more than a little ticked off. But that's the business! And I actually like McKay!

Originally posted by DragonLadyK
                          Now for the far more important and pleasant business of thunking. DN mentioned on his blog that Zelenka will be in both "Vegas" and "Enemy at the Gate." Yay!
                          I think I would be a bit pissed off, like more than just a little if Radek wasn't in the last episode. And his scenes better be more than just a lousy walk through.

He's a secondary character that is really well loved, so you never know. They like to do that to fans.

Lovely pics!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, I got it. I have a tendency to stay away from the bashing (though I've been guilty of it once or twice especially with Keller 'cause her being made a regular and getting all the promotion work while Radek was still kept regulated to the background has me more than a little ticked off. But that's the business! And I actually like McKay!

I think I would be a bit pissed off, like more than just a little if Radek wasn't in the last episode. And his scenes better be more than just a lousy walk through.

He's a secondary character that is really well loved, so you never know. They like to do that to fans.

Lovely pics!

Lots of fans share your hopes. You should've seen the Keller-dissing after The Shrine. I've really felt sorry for the character for being written as awfully as this

Comment

I still love Rodney, but he does wear my patience thin sometimes these days. On the other hand, Rodney's nastiness combined with Ronon being snappish with Rodney makes for Radek/Ronon subtext, so I'm still a happy girl.

As for the bashing, Sara/GSR on CSI and Keller are the only two times I've crossed the line into "I hate you so much you're wrecking my show for me and now I'm leaning towards or flat don't even watch it anymore because I don't want to have to put up with your stupid character."

Most of the time I can just put my fingers in my ears and hum really loud, metaphorically speaking.

Hey, they kill off popular main characters.

Spoiler:
                              I guess TPTB didn't want to have work after all, because, jeeze, talk about your bad marketing decisions. o.0 I really didn't and still don't understand their business strategy at all.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Lots of fans share your hopes. You should've seen the Keller-dissing after The Shrine. I've really felt sorry for the character for being written as awfully as this
                              Spoiler:
                              No kidding. The Anti-Keller thread exploded after "The Shrine."

Mmmm. We haven't had field-gear!Zelenka in a while. More's the pity, because he's my favorite.

Spoiler:

*squee*

DragonLady
                              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

I still love Rodney, but he does wear my patience thin sometimes these days. On the other hand, Rodney's nastiness combined with Ronon being snappish with Rodney makes for Radek/Ronon subtext, so I'm still a happy girl.

As for the bashing, Sara/GSR on CSI and Keller are the only two times I've crossed the line into "I hate you so much you're wrecking my show for me and now I'm leaning towards or flat don't even watch it anymore because I don't want to have to put up with your stupid character."
                                Yeah, I am surprised at how strong my reaction was with Keller. I love the actress so I know it's not that. I am usually pretty open minded even with casting or show changes that I don't agree with, it's just her character isn't working for me.
                                And I really think David/Zelenka deserve some better publicity then he gets for being on the show for all five years and for big a huge fan favorite.

Most of the time I can just put my fingers in my ears and hum really loud, metaphorically speaking.
                                LOL. I try to do that sometimes too!

Hey, they kill off popular main characters.
                                Sad isn't it. Radek is one of those characters that just brings scenes together, they'd be really stupid to do something to his character. Look at how the fans reacted to the Trio scene, can you imagine if they went further! *shutters* *fingers in ears* *squints eyes closed* * don't want to even think about it*

Spoiler:
                                I guess TPTB didn't want to have work after all, because, jeeze, talk about your bad marketing decisions. o.0 I really didn't and still don't understand their business strategy at all.
                                Spoiler:
                                I agree. Business has a tendency to focus too much on the money aspect and they start drifting away from what makes them good and why the fans loved it in the begining. And they really don't care because they can market to a whole new group of younger people that probably won't even be aware of the loyal fans who are upset with certain decisions.

My biggest issue is her age isn't working for me as the Head Doctor.
                                Spoiler:
                                No kidding. The Anti-Keller thread exploded after "The Shrine."
                                Spoiler:
                                That's just cause they look for anything to get upset with Keller about. There's a reason why it says 'Anti' in the thread title! She wasn't that bad in the Shrine, IMO. Not saying that I was happy with everything in that episode but I didn't think Keller was that bad.

Mmmm. We haven't had field-gear!Zelenka in a while. More's the pity, because he's my favorite.
                                Mmmmmmm, nice!
                                Last edited by Rosehawk; 10 September 2008, 10:18 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X