X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Runs in from the main page*

Tell me it's not true!!!
    Say it's just a story!!!

*The music starts to play in the background and stops as a gunshot is heard*

OMG!!! I don't believe it!!!

How are we going to survive!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      I know... But we're not the ones responsible for it.
      I realize that. But "your job's not here anymore, sorry, it's nothing you did but you're still out of work" sucks. I can't help feeling sympathy for them. On the other hand, DN said in an interview that an actor's daily bread is uncertainty (which I can't imagine is any less true for crew people) so most of those involved have probably been planning for the cancellation from the moment they got the job.

I'm glad David Nykl got a picture on the Multichannel article. Every little bit of publicity counts. ^^

Spoiler:
      The people (especially on the shippy threads) who are posting on and on about how they cried when they heard the news and they're all so depressed and their whole week has been ruined are driving me batty. I mean, come on. Perspective. The fans have lost an hour a week or so of entertainment. That's it. Not a job, not a loved one, not a vehicle, not a pet: a TV show.

DragonLady
      "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
        I realize that. But "your job's not here anymore, sorry, it's nothing you did but you're still out of work" sucks. I can't help feeling sympathy for them. On the other hand, DN said in an interview that an actor's daily bread is uncertainty (which I can't imagine is any less true for crew people) so most of those involved have probably been planning for the cancellation from the moment they got the job.

I'm glad David Nykl got a picture on the Multichannel article. Every little bit of publicity counts. ^^

Spoiler:
        The people (especially on the shippy threads) who are posting on and on about how they cried when they heard the news and they're all so depressed and their whole week has been ruined are driving me batty. I mean, come on. Perspective. The fans have lost an hour a week or so of entertainment. That's it. Not a job, not a loved one, not a vehicle, not a pet: a TV show.

DragonLady
        Yeah, I know it's an hours entertainment a week. However, it is one of three shows with new episodes that I watch! I don't watch that much tv.
        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

If you want to write a story that way, I can already tell you a correct way of doing it. *Looks forward to the resulting Razzie smut*
          Yeah - but I have to actually see the episode before I can even think about starting a fic ... I usually wait 'til the DVD set comes out & OD on the whole box set, watching one ep after another for about 3 days.

DragonLadyK : Yeah, that's why I think I felt so bad when I heard the news. I've had that sudden "layoff" experience and it's definitely not fun. And, I don't think the shock is any less, even when the paycheck is higher than a plain old hourly-wage person. It probably makes it a bit easier when the bank acct has some wiggle room, but it's still bad, nonetheless. Poor everybody ... and some of them just had babies ... that stinks.
          : How much time do you need?
          : ...a week... : ...a couple of hours.
          : I'll take the second estimate. Go.
          to : What are you? Union?

My LJ Got Ghosts? Gadzooks!

Comment

Hi everyone; I've been reading here for a while, and thought I'd finally say hello now that I've set up an account.

I love all the pictures posted here. I'm a huge Dr. Z fan.

Anyway, great thread and I hope to chat with you all here often.
            Last edited by Coaster; 31 August 2009, 04:41 AM.

Comment

If you want to write a story that way, I can already tell you a correct way of doing it. *Looks forward to the resulting Razzie smut*
              Pajus, do you mean the correct way to thaw her out?

Spoiler:
              I'm curious because I'm thinking of a story where they do just that, since in the part I've finished they have the means to create and do the transfer to human bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                Pajus, do you mean the correct way to thaw her out?

Spoiler:
                I'm curious because I'm thinking of a story where they do just that, since in the part I've finished they have the means to create and do the transfer to human bodies.
                Welcome to the thread

Spoiler:
                Have John fly in with a jumper, open the rear compartment and gather Lizzie's body. Simple

Comment

Welcome to the thread

Spoiler:
                  Have John fly in with a jumper, open the rear compartment and gather Lizzie's body. Simple
                  Spoiler:
                  Hopefully she hasn't slowly drifted away too far; they did have a little momentum. But they should all have tracking devices on them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by belevision View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Hopefully she hasn't slowly drifted away too far; they did have a little momentum. But they should all have tracking devices on them anyway.
                    Spoiler:
                    Even if she has drifted far away, her motion can still be predicted in accordance with Newton's laws of motion

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Even if she has drifted far away, her motion can still be predicted in accordance with Newton's laws of motion
                      Spoiler:
                      Unless the gravoty of the planet got her.
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Unless the gravoty of the planet got her.
                        Spoiler:
                        I know... detereorating orbit is a *itch

Comment

Hi all, back from my holidays

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            Welcome back, hope you had nice ones!
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Do you have any naughty photos?

Comment

Do you have any naughty photos?
                                Pajus, you're incorrigible. ^^

DragonLady
                                "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Working...
                                X