Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    So you're a neighbour to David Hewlett now?
    Just about!
    Lt. Liam Mackenzie Harris
    SG2

I'm an aunt again! YEA!!!

Spoiler:

Carpe Cliffum-Seize the Cliff! (copyright me, lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      See? All bad things are good for something (but sometimes you have to dig quite deep to find it)
      Oh is that ever the truth. While I was convalescing, I actually took up crocheting, and even had time to read some books I'd put on hold.
      SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by dancer_4_daniel View Post
        Oh is that ever the truth. While I was convalescing, I actually took up crocheting, and even had time to read some books I'd put on hold.
        See? Even near-death experiences are good

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeygirl406 View Post

*Special Note: Big, big "Thank you!" to ElephantGirl for my brand new sig! EG, you're the best!*
          It was my pleasure, glad you like it.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Nice siggy whiskeygirl!

I get to meet elephantgirl in Chicago in a few weeks!
          And I get to meet the (in)famous Rosehawk!
          sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks for explaining it...I agree, that scene was just plain .... bad.

Im very happy that we are in the age of Antis a small abnormalty
            .:.
            My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

I don't know if everyone else would be into this or not, but I was thinking that Radek's thread needs a List (the game where each person adds an item or two of a certain theme until all ten spots are filled), more specifically: Ten Ways Radek Saves Atlantis Because Hero!Radek is the Best Radek.

1. Radek discovers that the Wraith darts and hive use a system much like schooling fish, backhacks the frequency, and tricks the hive's sensors into thinking the hive is on the edge of a critical power overload. The hive's safeties promptly shut down power to everything but life support -- including the jammers -- thus enabling the Daedalus to beam a nuke aboard.

(And afterwards Rodney shrieks his classic, "that was a terrible plan made all the more terrifying by the fact you thought it was a good one," to which Sheppard replies, "yeah, Rodney, it was such a bad plan that you're still here to yell about it.")

Next if you want, ignore me if you'd like. ^^;;

DragonLady
              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                There was outrage from everyone after that Zelenka bashing scene in Trio, it's been unanimously agreed that Zelenka is the one and only character everybody likes
                Yeah, I didn't read anything that said anyone liked it.

Originally posted by elephantgirl
                And I get to meet the (in)famous Rosehawk!
                what did I do to earn the (in)famous??? I am always on my best behavior. ummmmm, you really don't have to answer that

DragonLady, don't give up on the game. I am too tired to be creative at the moment so I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Another reason why the Trio scene didn't work....From Mortal Coil....one of the best friendship character moments.....
                Spoiler:

sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                  I don't know if everyone else would be into this or not, but I was thinking that Radek's thread needs a List (the game where each person adds an item or two of a certain theme until all ten spots are filled), more specifically: Ten Ways Radek Saves Atlantis Because Hero!Radek is the Best Radek.

1. Radek discovers that the Wraith darts and hive use a system much like schooling fish, backhacks the frequency, and tricks the hive's sensors into thinking the hive is on the edge of a critical power overload. The hive's safeties promptly shut down power to everything but life support -- including the jammers -- thus enabling the Daedalus to beam a nuke aboard.

(And afterwards Rodney shrieks his classic, "that was a terrible plan made all the more terrifying by the fact you thought it was a good one," to which Sheppard replies, "yeah, Rodney, it was such a bad plan that you're still here to yell about it.")

Next if you want, ignore me if you'd like. ^^;;

DragonLady
                  2. Radek saves Rodney from choking to death on a lemon peel. (Anyone who knows me knows I enjoy my lemon jokes) by using the Heimlich Maneuver and Rodney grips and claims that Radek has given him a bruised rib or something.
                  SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                    See? Even near-death experiences are good
                    Yep. I certainly appreciate what I have a WHOLE lot more now.
                    SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Do you still do it? I learned to crochet at a show last year, I've just finished a tiny blanket for a Premature baby charity

Comment

Do you still do it? I learned to crochet at a show last year, I've just finished a tiny blanket for a Premature baby charity
                        Yep! In fact, I'm making an afghan as we speak. If I ever got brave enough and went to a convention that David was at and it was during winter, I would totally give him a blanket I've made. Nothing says "FanGirl!" like something homemade.
                        SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Yep! In fact, I'm making an afghan as we speak. If I ever got brave enough and went to a convention that David was at and it was during winter, I would totally give him a blanket I've made. Nothing says "FanGirl!" like something homemade.
                          You never know, we could start a trend

Comment

LOL. Now don't start giving me ideas....that could be dangerous!

Actually I am trying to make a fanvideo, think my daughter may have found a song for me to use.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

DragonLady, don't give up on the game.
                              Oh, it's not a question of feeling left out or whatever, but acknowledging that round-robin things aren't every thread's cup of tea.

Another reason why the Trio scene didn't work....From Mortal Coil....one of the best friendship character moments.....
                              Spoiler:

Rodney was the only one who didn't bother me since Rodney says things he doesn't mean all the time. Also, he's so bats***t competitive that he would have had the exact same reaction had Zelenka and Carter's situations been reversed.

Spoiler:

Rodney: What, you don't like Sam?
                              Zelenka: *facepalm* I didn't say that, Rodney.
                              Rodney: No, but you implied it.
                              Zelenka: I didn't-- Look, Colonel Carter is a very capable commander--
                              Rodney: Oh, yeah, yeah, she's the best. Except you don't like her, which means *points to himself* I'm your favorite.
                              Zelenka: *headdesk* Já ho zabiju. To je magor.
                              Rodney: Uh huh, you mutter in barbarian all you like: you like me better than the Samatha Carter, golden girl of the SCG -- just admit it. I bet you even think I'm smarter than she is.

DragonLady
                              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

You never know, we could start a trend
                                We could...I'm suddenly envisioning mittens, a scarf and one of those cute little hats with the bobble on top...
                                SG2

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X