• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Cathain poor Zelenka looks like
    Spoiler:
    He's got an ice pack on his head in the first one

Comment

Man, I need some thunkin. Been one of those days.

Hey Reefgirl, I am going to my first ever professional soccer match tonight and we are playing England!
      *edit* Team was the Burlney FC (or something close) Guess it was a World Cup game! I forgot how heavy the English accent can be. Some fans flew in from England and asked for directions, wow, heavy heavy accent.

We lost 0 to 2. Wow, your team gets rather aggressive!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 15 July 2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: Game Update
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
        Grrrrrr.
        Rrrrrrr !

I am being serious!
        you can't be serious !

Well, any true thunker is gonna love seeing the backside of the object of the thunk!
        and thunking rears its ugly head again

Originally posted by Rosehawk
        Such a persistent denial of the truth is not healthy!
        Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
        well then stop denying !
        Stop denying what?
        the truth - what else ?

At last, a promise that you kept!
        ow ? whenever did I make you a promise before ?

Keep it up, just keep it up......
        Spoiler:
        "come any closer and I'll hit you with my walking stick !"

Could that be a
        Spoiler:
        lab rat
        this time you said it, not me
        Last edited by SoulReaver; 15 July 2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          Rrrrrrr !
          Yummmmmm

you can't be serious !
          Why????

and thunking rears its ugly head again
          Matter of perspective. I wouldn't call staring at Radek's a$$ as something unpleasant to look at. I mean it is rather cute!

the truth - what else ?
          Whose truth?????

ow ? whenever did I make you a promise before ?
          Oh, so now you are going to make me go through oodles of posts and threads just to find a promise you made.....well, it will have to wait until tomorrow. I have to get some sleep and get up in a few hours for work.

Spoiler:
          "come any closer and I'll hit you with my walking stick !"
          OMG, the non PG thoughts that are now in my head...

this time you said it, not me
          but, but but....you made me say it *wails* Radek is not a lab rat!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Reefgirl, I am going to my first ever professional soccer match tonight and we are playing England!
            *edit* Team was the Burlney FC (or something close) Guess it was a World Cup game! I forgot how heavy the English accent can be. Some fans flew in from England and asked for directions, wow, heavy heavy accent.

We lost 0 to 2. Wow, your team gets rather aggressive!
            Burnley FC are from the North, we in the South have problems with understanding them so you're not alone. It was probably what the call a 'Pre season Friendly' a lot of British clubs do it, go on tour to another coutry and play against local teams, even the big clubs do it

This is their website, it has details of their match with your boys http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premi....uk/page/Home/

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              Burnley FC are from the North, we in the South have problems with understanding them so you're not alone. It was probably what the call a 'Pre season Friendly' a lot of British clubs do it, go on tour to another coutry and play against local teams, even the big clubs do it

This is their website, it has details of their match with your boys http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premi....uk/page/Home/
              Wow, thanks for the link. That was fun to read and see. You won't believe this but I think my daughter, her friend and I are in one of the pics. Not that you can see faces because we are so small in the pic but it is where we were standing and we were the only group of three helping out.

Up north, that explains the heavy heavy accent. I remember when I visited England and the closer we got to Wales the harder it was to understand the English 'cause of the accent. The guy was pretty nice about me saying what, I had to ask him about 4 times, but it was also very noisy with people walking around so I had a good excuse. They were looking for the Burnley FC fan section.

And speaking of accents....... *THUNK*

OMG SoulRe@ver - that tag is just mean! Radek was under the influence of a drug.
              Hummmm, what is this facination that you have for Lucius??????
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 16 July 2008, 03:10 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, thanks for the link. That was fun to read and see. You won't believe this but I think my daughter, her friend and I are in one of the pics. Not that you can see faces because we are so small in the pic but it is where we were standing and we were the only group of three helping out.

Up north, that explains the heavy heavy accent. I remember when I visited England and the closer we got to Wales the harder it was to understand the English 'cause of the accent. The guy was pretty nice about me saying what, I had to ask him about 4 times, but it was also very noisy with people walking around so I had a good excuse. They were looking for the Burnley FC fan section.
                Can you post a link to the picure, Welsh is difficult to understand

Comment

Yummmmmm
                  mmmmmm

noooooo damnit !

Why????
                  seriously ?

Matter of perspective. I wouldn't call staring at Radek's a$$ as something unpleasant to look at. I mean it is rather cute!
                  meh it was just a (lame) pun - never mind :/

Whose truth?????
                  is that important ?

Oh, so now you are going to make me go through oodles of posts and threads just to find a promise you made.....
                  there's another option - you can admit you were wrong

OMG, the non PG thoughts that are now in my head...
                  I said 'walking stick' not 'pimp cane'

but, but but....you made me say it *wails
                  indeed - you are beginning to see the light of reason ! surrender [yourself to me] !

OMG SoulRe@ver

- that tag is just mean!
                  oh come on, last time you told me the tag was offtopic (since this is Zelenka thread) , so I added 'Radek' to make it on topic
                  yet despite my most earnest, heartfelt efforts I still endure your criticisms
                  gee, what more do you want ?

(women...never satisfied )

Radek was under the influence of a drug.
                  excuses excuses

Hummmm, what is this facination that you have for Lucius??????
                  is this some sort of not-so-subtle ploy to try & turn the tables in some attempt to dissuade me from talking about him ?
                  not gonna work lass

in fact you're right, in a manner of speaking - I do have a "fascination" for him, and it lies in your disgust towards him
                  see, ultimately it's about you Rose

Comment

Can you post a link to the picure, Welsh is difficult to understand
                    Here's the link to the article. It's the picture with 'Robert Blake on the attack'.
                    The pic looks like it is from the 1st half of the game. There are three dark blue shirts that are way out of focus up on the stands. We were ushering (hey, it got us a free game! ) It may not be us, can't see section numbers but the pic is defintely close to where we were standing once the game started. The other ushers were in teams of two, one on each side of the door, though once the game started we were all watching!

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premi...345347,00.html

Welsh is tough to understand even when they are speaking English!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      mmmmmm
                      Who, that's a good sign that you like Radek!

noooooo damnit !
                      Huhh, what? Why?
                      Did the pic remind you that you needed to shave for the day!

seriously ?
                      Yeah, why?

meh it was just a (lame) pun - never mind :/
                      That should teach you to never make puns on a thunk thread about body parts of the thunk! There is a reason why they are called "Thunk" threads!

is that important ?
                      Ahhhh, yeah. Cause the truth is that I am right!

there's another option - you can admit you were wrong
                      Never!

I said 'walking stick' not 'pimp cane'
                      *Growl* No one said anything about a pimp cane...
                      References were meant about the 'walking stick' that is attached to Radek's .......ah forget it, never mind!

indeed - you are beginning to see the light of reason ! surrender [yourself to me] !
                      Huh? Surrender what?

oh come on, last time you told me the tag was offtopic (since this is Zelenka thread) , so I added 'Radek' to make it on topic
                      yet despite my most earnest, heartfelt efforts I still endure your criticisms
                      gee, what more do you want ?
                      Okay, I give you that one. At least you made the tag on topic. well, sort of, those of us regulars on this thread know that other than his fans, Zelenka is in love with Weir.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...21409&page=151
                      Lucius doesn't stand a chance! (thank god)

is this some sort of not-so-subtle ploy to try & turn the tables in some attempt to dissuade me from talking about him ?
                      not gonna work lass
                      Wasn't trying to be subtle.

in fact you're right, in a manner of speaking - I do have a "fascination" for him, and it lies in your disgust towards him
                      see, ultimately it's about you Rose
                      Ummm, this thread is about Radek, not me!
                      Last edited by Rosehawk; 17 July 2008, 03:25 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ack!!!! Must save Radek from page 2...

Radek: I can't believe my thunkers abandoned me and sent me to page 2.
                        Me (SG): *pats Radek on the back* Don't you worry....we won't let it happened again. Why? Cuz we LOVE YOU!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's the link to the article. It's the picture with 'Robert Blake on the attack'.
                          The pic looks like it is from the 1st half of the game. There are three dark blue shirts that are way out of focus up on the stands. We were ushering (hey, it got us a free game! ) It may not be us, can't see section numbers but the pic is defintely close to where we were standing once the game started. The other ushers were in teams of two, one on each side of the door, though once the game started we were all watching!

http://www.burnleyfootballclub.premi...345347,00.html

Welsh is tough to understand even when they are speaking English!
                          Bask in your moment of fame

Welsh is like any other accent, there are some lovely soft sounding ones and some really harsh ones

Comment

*fumbles in*

Just wanted to say how excited I am about the audiobook coming out in September. I would love listening to DN for 70 minutes lol... not that I'm a thunker or anything.

Comment

Bask in your moment of fame

Welsh is like any other accent, there are some lovely soft sounding ones and some really harsh ones
                              Its interesting with the Welsh accent, because I watched Torchwood, and most of it without subtitels and I had no special problem to understand Ianto and Gwen. Now I don't know how strong their accent is, but I had more problems with the London accent of Owen and with Tennants Doctor Who.

Welsh can't be that bad or they were very nice to the international viewer *g*

(I wasn't alone in Tenerife but with a friend and she is from Bavaria. She tries to speak High German, but sometimes I have to ask what she means *g*, so much for accents - and even I speak with an accent though I never even learned "my" regional language).
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                                Its interesting with the Welsh accent, because I watched Torchwood, and most of it without subtitels and I had no special problem to understand Ianto and Gwen. Now I don't know how strong their accent is, but I had more problems with the London accent of Owen and with Tennants Doctor Who.

Welsh can't be that bad or they were very nice to the international viewer *g*

(I wasn't alone in Tenerife but with a friend and she is from Bavaria. She tries to speak High German, but sometimes I have to ask what she means *g*, so much for accents - and even I speak with an accent though I never even learned "my" regional language).
                                Tell me about it. The Germans I translate for are from Bavaria too. Took me a month to get used to it

Comment

Working...
                                X