Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    ...so your "jam" is 90% sugar, 10% fruit ?
    how many jams do you take with your tea ?

Spoiler:
    PS. I meant added sugar not the glucose/fructose or whatever carbohydrates are naturally present in fruit
    I don't know how you make your jam but sugar is an integeral part of jam, marmalade and jelly

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    P.S. You can also make jam with honey.
    I never knew that

And don't forget the pectin!
    Only for soft fruit like strawberries and raspberries

Thanks Reefgirl.
    You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I don't know how you make your jam but sugar is an integeral part of jam, marmalade and jelly

I never knew that
      You can also use fruit juices instead of sugar as well.

Originally posted by Reefgirl
      And sometimes this thread!
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 05 July 2008, 10:23 AM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

True

Comment

True
          Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what Zelenka's thread is made of!

I've got a show tomorrow, I'm practicing!
          sigpic

Comment

Hey iolanda,

Hope you are having fun on vacation!

Have some lovely Radek!!

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday iolanda

these clucking server issues are really getting up my nose now, I've lost important postings all over GW

Comment

Thank you very much! I had a great time and I guess I now have a new hobby: diving.
                Tenerife stays my favourite island
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                  Thank you very much! I had a great time and I guess I now have a new hobby: diving.
                  Looks like my happy birthday wish disappeared, so: Happy birthday, Iolanda

Comment

these clucking server issues are really getting up my nose now, I've lost important postings all over GW
                    Tell me about it! I actually ended up having a RL on Sunday since the server was down almost all day here

sigpic

Comment

I was at a 1940's weekend on the Isle of Wight steam railway, it was a really good day out, there was old military vehicles, people dressed in period costume, all the station volunteers were dressed in 40's uniforms, even the people in the restaurent were dressed in period gear with a 'Rations' menu, an Andrews Sisters style girl group, even a group of German POW's. One of the stations, dressed itself up as being in occupied France. I'd definietly go again

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
                        I don't know how you make your jam
                        with fruit

ok so I've never made jam :| (but I've bought sugar-free jam - bloody scarce though)

sugar's an a priori necessity to give jam its "firm texture" without which it would basically feel like syrup - but there are alternatives :

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1823...247195,00.html

PS. once tried some bilberry jam (seldom eat jam) - it said only 20% sugar which was the lowest percentage I could find in that store. it had plenty of blueberry content all right, in fact you could even see the blueberries
                        the taste on the other hand...toxic. fit for use as sweetener - so sweetened it was you could hardly even tell it was blueberry, could've been orange or apricot for all I knew
                        got a refund for this **** but the taste lingered for a long time
                        this is desecration, anyone who's tasted blueberries (the fresh stuff) knows they have sour taste & it's that sweet & sour combo that gives them their "zest" (same goes for many other fruit)

Originally posted by Rosehawk
                        Without the sugar, I think all you have is a fruit topping that is kind of runny because of the fruit juices.
                        see above ^ there a substitutes that are just as effective and don't poison the taste

Jam's good, isn't it?!
                        yeah jam's good, there's rhythm in jam

What, where do you get that?? I have always been honest with you...Zee's my main man here, afterall, this is HIS thread! Besides, Radek deserves alittle attention from his fans
                        it's an attention overload, you're stifling him

someone has to divert the excess attention - for his sake

like McDonald vs Burger King

Now how the heck did that happen???
                        don't play innocent
                        Ummmmm, I'm not the one who made us, you cheeky little devil you!
                        I said 'take' not 'make'. you took my heart then broke it
                        my revenge will be terrible :|

LOL. It's more than just looks you know....
                        of course looks alone don't count - what d'you think I am, some kinda superficial bloke ?
                        Spoiler:
                        a guy's PC is just as equally important

4-core CPU
                        2 gb ram
                        LCD monitor (19 inches )
                        GF8800 GTX

/g33k
                        Last edited by SoulReaver; 08 July 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                          Diving is a great hobby to have when you are diving into *thunk* threads

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                          PS. once tried some bilberry jam (seldom eat jam) - it said only 20% sugar which was the lowest percentage I could find in that store. it had plenty of blueberry content all right, in fact you could even see the blueberries
                          the taste on the other hand...toxic. fit for use as sweetener - so sweetened it was you could hardly even tell it was blueberry, could've been orange or apricot for all I knew
                          got a refund for this **** but the taste lingered for a long time
                          this is desecration, anyone who's tasted blueberries (the fresh stuff) knows they have sour taste & it's that sweet & sour combo that gives them their "zest" (same goes for many other fruit)
                          Wait, what - I'm actually making blueberry jam this coming weekend and it tastes pretty damn good, thank you very much!

You not much into sweets, huh! wow, that must be tough and your're hanging out on this thread when the sweetness is sooooooooo good because of this guy!

You're right though, the sweet and sour combination is best with thunk thre... ahhh, I mean fresh fruit.

it's an attention overload, you're stifling him
                          No, I don't think so. I think Radek loves the attention! See!

someone has to divert the excess attention - for his sake
                          Radek does seem to be good about sharing the attention!

like McDonald vs Burger King
                          Huh, I don't get this comparison. Radek is steak, not a burger!

I said 'take' not 'make'. you took my heart then broke it
                          What heart? You called Radek a lab rat!

my revenge will be terrible :|
                          Oh goody, I can hardly wait!

of course looks alone don't count - what d'you think I am, some kinda superficial bloke ?
                          You said it, not me!
                          sigpic

Comment

For your thunking pleasure, GateWorld presents: This!

Yum!

My kind of guy:
                            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                              For your thunking pleasure, GateWorld presents: This!

Yum!

Yep! I did SGA Season 3. Made sure I got some nice Zelenka shots.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                                Diving is a great hobby to have when you are diving into *thunk* threads
                                Hehe - my diving teacher wasn't sooo ugly either (but he smoked that much, that my friend and I were wondering how he survived the 30 minutes under water without a cigarette - maybe some special filling in his scuba air cylinder - but despite this he was a very nice and relaxed guy - even when I lost my lead belt before we even started diving)
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X